1. Ahmadi, A., Ehsanzadeh, P., and Jabbari, F. 2005. Introduction to plant physiology. Tehran University Press. 681p. (in Persian).
2. Alloway, B. J. 2008. Zinc in Soils and Crop Nutrition. Int. Zinc Assoc. (IZA), Belgium, 128p.
3. Barton, L. L., and Abadia, J. 2006. Iron nutrition in plants and rhizospheric microorganisms. Dordrecht: Springer. 477p.
4. Bukvic, G., Antunovicm, M., Popovic, S., and Rastija, M. 2003. Effect of P and Zn fertilization on biomass, yield and its uptake by maize lines (Zea mays L.). Plant, Soil and Environment 49: 505-510.
5. Cakmak, I. 2008. Enrichment of cereal grains with zinc: agronomic or genetic biofortification? Plant and Soil 302: 1-17.
6. Collaku, A., and Harrison, S. A. 2002. Losses in wheat due to water logging. Crop Sci 42: 444-450.
7. Dasalkar, J. S., Rudraksha, G. B., Law, B. T., and Rachewad, S. N. 1992. Direct and residual effect of different zinc source on growth, yield and quality of sorghum and wheat. Annals of Plant Physiology 6: 21-23.
8. Fageria, N. K. and Baligar, V. C. 2005. Encyclopedia of soils in the environment. In: Hillel D (Eds.), Nutrient Availability. San Diego, CA: Elsevier 63- 71.
9. Fang, Y., Wang, L., Xin, Z., Zhao, L., An, X., and Hu, Q. 2008. Effect of Foliar Application of Zinc, Selenium, and Iron Fertilizers on Nutrients Concentration and Yield of Rice Grain in China. J. Agric. Food Chemistry 56: 2079-2084.
10. Fernandez, V., Orera, I., Abadia, J., and Abadia, A. 2009. Foliar iron fertilization of fruit trees: present knowledge and future perspectives - a review. The Journal of Horticultural Science and Biotechnology 84: 1-6.
11. Fischer, R. A. 2011. Wheat physiology: a review of recent development. Crop and Pasture Science 62: 95-114.
12. Graham, R. D., Ascher, J. S., and Hynes, S. C. 1992. Selecting zinc-efficient cereal genotypes for soils of low zinc status. Plant and Soil 146: 241-250.
13. Haghbahari, M., and Seyyed Sharifi, R. 2014. Influence of seed inoculation with plant growth promoting rhizobacteria (PGPR) on yield, grain filling rate and period of wheat in different levels of soil salinity. Environmental stresses in crop sciences 6 (1): 65-75. (in Persian with English abstract).
14. Haslett, B. S., Reid, R. J., and Rengel, Z., 2001. Zinc mobility in wheat: uptake and distribution of zinc applied to leaves or roots. Annals of Botany 87 (3): 379-386.
15. Izedi Kherameh, H., Balouchi, H., and Shabani, S. 2012. Effect of soil application of Fe and ZnSO4 on grain yield and yield components of wheat at different sowing dates. Plant Ecophysiology 4 (1): 37-46. (in Persian with English abstract).
16. Kamaraki, H., and Galavi, M. 2012. Evaluation of foliar Fe, Zn and B micronutrients application on quantitative and qualitative traits of safflower (Carthamus tinctorius L.). Agroecology 4 (3): 201-206. (in Persian with English abstract).
17. Khodarahmi, M., and Vazan, S. 2011. Trends in morphological and quantitative traits in bread wheat using introduced varieties during the last six decades in Iran. Journal of Agronomy and Plant Breeding 6 (1): 29-42. (in Persian with English abstract).
18. Khoshgoftarmanesh, A. H., Razizadeh, E. S., Eshghizadeh, H. R., Sharifi, H. R., Savaghebi, Gh., Afiuni, D., and Tadayonnejad, M. 2012. Comparison of different spring wheat genotypes based on their response to iron fertilization in a calcareous soil. Journal of Water and Soil 15 (58): 99-107. (in Persian with English abstract).
19. Malakouti, M. J. 2007. Zinc is a neglected element in the life cycle of plants. Middle Eastern and Russian Journal of Plant Science and Biotechnology 1 (1): 1-12.
20. Maralian, H., Didar Taleshmikail, R., Shahbazi, K., and Torabi Giglou, M. 2009. Study of the Effects of Foliar Application of Fe and Zn on Wheat Quality and Quantity Properties. Agricultural Research 8 (4): 47-59. (in Persian with English abstract).
21. Moshiri, F., Ardalan, M., Tehrani, M. M., and Savaghebi, Gh. 2010. Zinc efficiency of wheat cultivars in a calcareous soil with low zinc status. Journal of Water and Soil 24 (1): 145-153. (in Persian with English abstract).
22. Munns, R., and James, A. 2003. Screening methods for salinity tolerance: a case study with tetraploid wheat. Plant and Soil 253: 201-218.
23. Pahlavan Rad, M. R., Keykha, G., and Naroui Rad, M. R. 2008. Effects of application of Zn, Fe and Mn on yield, yield component, nutrient concentration and uptake in wheat grain. Pajouhesh and Sazandegi 79: 142-150. (in Persian with English abstract).
24. Potarzycki, J., and Grzebisz, M. 2009. Effect of zinc foliar application on grain yield of maize and its yielding components. Plant, Soil and Environment 55: 519-527.
25. Raesee, N., Vakili, S. M. A., Sarhady, G., and Rorkynegad, F. 2015. Effects of manure, iron and zinc fertilizers on yield and yield components of Cumin (Cuminum cyminum L.). Iranian Journal of Medicinal and Aromatic Plants 31 (1): 138-149. (in Persian with English abstract).
26. Rodriguez-Lucena, P., Apaolaza-Hernandez, L., Lucena, J. J. 2010. Comparison of iron chelates and complexes supplied as foliar sprays and in nutrient solution to correct iron chlorosis of soybean. Journal of Plant Nutrition and Soil Science 173: 120-126.
27. Sadeghzadeh, B. 2013. A review of zinc nutrition and plant breeding. Journal of Soil Science and Plant Nutrition 13 (4): 905-927.
28. Sadeghzadeh, B., and Rengel, Z. 2011. Zinc in soils and crop nutrition. In: Hawkesford M. J, Barraclough, P. B. (eds.), The molecular and physiological basis of nutrient use efficiency in crops. Wiley: 335-375.
29. Sadeghzadeh, B., Rengel, Z., and Li, C. 2009. Differential zinc efficiency of barley genotypes grown in soil and chelator-buffered nutrient solution. Journal of Plant Nutrition 32 (10): 1744 -1767.
30. Sadeghzadeh, B., Sadeghzadeh, N., and Sepehr, E. 2016. Barley genotypes differing in zinc efficiency when grown in various soil types. International Journal of Plant and Soil Science 12: 1-13.
31. Salgueiro, M. J., Zubillaga, M., Lysionek, A., Sarabia, M. I., Caro, R., De Paoli, T., Hager, A., Weill, R., and Boccio, J. 2006. Zinc as an essential micronutrient: a review. Nutrition Research 20 (5): 737-755.
32. Seilsepour, M. 2003. The effect of micronutrients iron, zinc and manganese on yield and yield components of wheat in saline conditions. Proceedings of the 7th Congress of Crop Sciences, Karaj, Iran. (in Persian).
33. Seilsepour, M. 2008. The study of Fe and Zn effects on quantitative and qualitative parameters of winter wheat and determination of critical levels of these elements in Varamin plain soils. Pajouhesh and Sazandegi 76: 123-133. (in Persian with English abstract).
34. Slafer, G. A., and Savin, R. 1994. Sink relationships and grain mass at different positions within the spike in wheat. Field Crops Research 37: 39-49.
35. Slafer, G. A., and Araus, J. L. 2007. Physiological traits for improving wheat yield under a wide range of conditions. In: Spiertz, J. H. J., Struik, P. C., van Laar H. H. (Eds.), Scale and Complexity in Plant Systems Research. Gene-Plant-Crop Relations: 147-156.
36. Soufizadeh, S., Zand, E., Rahimian Mashhadi, H., and Deihimfard, R. 2007. Comparison of grain yield, nitrogen use efficiency and protein content of some old and new wheat varieties. Iranian Journal of Agricultural Sciences 1 (20): 13-37. (in Persian with English abstract).
37. Soufizadeh, S., Zand, E., Deihimfard, R., and Esmailzade, S. 2014. Investigation of changes in grain yield and some morphophysiological characteristics of wheat (Triticum aestivum L.), maize (Zea mays L.) and rice (Oryza sativa L.) in recent decades in Iran. Iranian Journal of Field Crops Research 12 (3): 343-359. (in Persian with English abstract).
38. Stein, A. J. 2010. Global impacts of human mineral malnutrition, Plant and Soil 335: 133-154.
39. Thalooth, M., Tawfik, M., and Magda Mohamed, H. 2006. A comparative study on the effect of foliar application of Zinc, Potassium and Magnesium on growth, yield and some chemical constituents of Mungbean plants growth under Water stress conditions. World Journal of Agricultural Sciences 2: 37-46.
40. Welch, R. M., and Graham, R. D. 2004. Breeding for micronutrients in staple food crops from a human nutrition perspective. Journal of Experimental Botany 55: 353-364.
41. Yang, X. W., Tian, X. H., Gale, W. J., Cao, Y. X., Lu, X. C., and Zhao, A. Q. 2011. Effect of soil and foliar application on zinc concentration and bioavailability in wheat grain grown on potentially zinc-deficient soil. Cereal Research Communication 39 (4): 535-543.
42. Ye, Y. L., Wang, G. L., Huang, Y. F., Zhu, Y. J., Meng, Q. F., Chen, X. P., Zhang, F. S., and Cui, Z. L. 2011. Understanding physiological processes associated with yield-trait relationships in modern wheat varieties. Field Crops Research 124: 316-322.
43. Yilmaz, A., Ekiz, H., Torun, B., Guttekin, I., Karanlik, S., Bagci, S. A., and Cakmak, I. 1997. Effect of different zinc application methods on grain yield and zinc concentration in wheat cultivars grown on zinc deficient calcareous soils. Journal of Plant Nutrition 20: 461-471.
44. Ziaeian, A. H., and Malakouti, M. J. 2001. Effects of Fe, Mn, Zn and Cu fertilization of wheat in the calcareous soils of Iran. In W.J. Horst et al. (Eds.) Plant Nutrition-Food Security and Sustainability of Agro-Ecosytems 840-841.