1. Aghighi Shahverdi, M., Omidi, H., and Mousavi, S. E. 2017. Effect of chitosan on seed germination and biochemical traits of Milk Thistle (Silybummarianum L.) seedling under salt stress. International Journal of Seed Research 3 (2): 105-118.
2. Amiri, A., Sirousmehr, A., and Esmaeilzadeh Bahabadi, S. 2016. Effect of foliar application of salicylic acid and chitosan on yield of Safflower (Carthamus tinctorius L.). Iranian journal of biology 28 (4): 712-725. (in Persian with English abstract).
3. Bittelli, M., Flury, M., Campbell, G. S., and Nichols, E. G. 2001. Reduction of transpiration through foliar application of chitosan. Agricultural and Forest Meteorology 107: 167-175.
4. Dorais, M., Papadopulos, A. P., and Gosselin, A. 2001. Influence of electrical conductivity management on greenhouse tomato yield and fruit quality. Agronomy journal 21: 367-383.
5. Dzung, N. A., Khanh, V. T. P., and Dung, T. T. 2011. Research on impact of chitosan oligomer on biophysical characteristics, growth, development and drought resistance of coffee. Carbohydrate Polymers 84: 751-755.
6. Geilfus, C. M., Zorb, C., and Muhling, H. K. 2010. Salt stress differentially affects growth-mediating bexpansins in resistant and sensitive maize (Zea mays L.). Plant Physiology and Biochemistry 48: 993-998.
7. Ghavami, N., Naghdy, H. A. Ramin, A. A., and Mehrafarin, A. 2011. Effect of salinity on seed yield and oil mike thistle. Journal of Medicine 2: 89-93. (in Persian with English abstract).
8. Gornik, K., Grzesik, M., and Duda, B. R. 2008. The Effect of chitosan on rooting of grapevine cuttings and on subsequent plant growth under drought and temperature stress. Journal of Fruit and Ornamental Plant Research 16: 333-343.
9. Guan, Y. J., Hu, J., Wang, X. J., and Shao, C. X. 2009. Seed priming with chitosan improves maize stress germination and seedling growth in relation to physiology changes under low temperature. Journal of Zhejiang University- Science 10: 427-433.
10. Hadrami, A. E., Adam, L. R., Hadrami, I. E., and Daayf, F. 2010. Chitosan in plant protection. Marine Drugs 8 (4): 968-987.
11. Jabeen, N., and Ahmad, R. 2013. The activity of antioxidant enzymes in response to salt stress in safflower (Carthamus tinctorius L.) and sunflower (Helianthus annuus L.) seedlings raised from seed treated with chitosan. Journal of Science Food Agriculture 93 (7): 1699-1705.
12. James, R. A., Munns, R., Caemmerer, S., Trejo, C., Miller, C., and Condou, T. 2006. Photosynthetic capacity is related to the cellular and subcellular partitioning of Na+, K+ and Cl–barley and durum wheat. Plant Cell and Environment 29: 2185-2197.
13. Kalra, Y. P. 1998. Reference Methods for Plant Analysis. Soil and Plant Analysis. Boca Raton Boston London. Washington D.C. New York.
14. Khan, M. Z., Blackshaw, R. E., and Marwat, K. B. 2009. Biology of milk thistle (Silybum marianum) and the management options for growers in north-western Pakistan. Weed Biology Management 9: 99-105.
15. Klute, A. 1986. Methods of soil Analysis: Physical and mineralogical methods. PP 635-662 in A. Klute, A. E. Lee eds. American Society of Agronomy., Wisconsin.
16. Koca, M., Bor, M., Ozdemir, F., and Turkan, I. 2007. The effect of salt stress on lipid peroxidation, antioxidative enzymes and proline content of sesame cultivars. Environmental and Experimental Botany 60: 344-351.
17. Krause, G. H., and Weis, E. 1991. Chlorophyll fluorescence and photosynthesis: the basics. Annual Review of Plant Physiology and Plant Molecular Biology 42: 313-349.
18. Mahdavi, B., and Safari, H. 2015. Effect of chitosan on growth and some physiological traits of chickpea under salinity stress. Plant Process and Function 4 (12): 117-127.
19. Mahdavi, B., ModarresSanavy, S. A. M., Aghaalikhani, M., and Sharifi, M. 2013. Effect of water stress and chitosan on Germination and proline of seedling in safflower (Carthamus tinctorius L.). Journal of Crop Improvement 25: 728-741.
20. Masomy Zvaryan, A., Yosefi Rad, M., and Moghadas, M. S. 2013. Effect of salt stress on germination indices and alpha-amylase and peroxidase enzyme activity of medicinal plants mike thistle (Silybum marianum). National Congress and Conventional Farming. Ardabil. (In Persian).
21. Mer, R. K., Prajith, P. K., Pandya, D. H., and Pandey, A. N. 2000. Effect of salts on germination of seeds and growth of young plants of Hordeum vulgare, Triticum aestivum, Cicer arietinum and Brassica juncea. Journal of Agronomy and Crop Science 185: 209-217.
22. Merah, O. 2001. Potential importance of water status traits for durum wheat improvement under Mediterranean conditions. Journal of Agricultural Science 137: 139-145.
23. Miyashita, K., Tanakamaru, S., Maitani, T., and Kimura, K. 2005. Recovery responses of photosynthesis, transpiration and stomata conductance in kidney bean following drought stress. Environmental and Experimental Botany 53: 205-214.
24. Mondal, M. M. A., Malek, M. A., Puteh, A. B., Ismail, M. R., Ashrafuzzaman, M., and Naher, L. 2012. Effect of foliar application of chitosan on growth and yield in okra. Australian Journal of Crop Sciences 6 (5): 918-921.
25. Munns, R. 2003. Comparative physiology of salt and water stress. Plant Cell Environment 25: 239-250.
26. Ohta, K., Asao, T., and Hosoki, T. 2001. Effects of chitosan treatments on seedling growth, chitinase activity and ower quality in Eustoma grandiorum (Raf.) Shinn. The Journal of Horticultural Science and Biotechnology 76 (5): 612-614.
27. Ohta, K., Morishita, S., Suda, K., Kobayashi, N., and Hosoki, T. 2004. Effects of chitosan soil mixture treatment in the seedling stage on the growth and flowering of several ornamental plants. Journal of the Japanese Society for Horticultural Science 73 (1): 66-68.
28. Parida, A. K., and Das, A. B. 2005. Salt tolerance and salinity effects on plants: a review. Ecotoxicology and Environmental Safety 60: 324-349.
29. Poljakoff, M. A., and Lerner, H. R. 1994. Plants in saline environment. PP. 65-96. In: Pessarakli, M. (Ed.), Handbook of Plant and Crop Stress, Marcel Dekker, Inc. New York.
30. Pongprayoon, W., Roytrakul, S., Pichayangkura, R., Chadchawan, S. 2013. The role of hydrogen peroxide in chitosan-induced resistance to osmotic stress in rice (Oryza sativa L.). Plant Growth Regulation 70: 159-173.
31. Rabea, E. I., Badawy, M. E. T., Stevens, C. V., Smagghe, G., and Steurbaut, W. 2003. Chitosan as antimicrobial agent: applications and mode of action. Biomacromolecules 4 (6): 1457-1465.
32. Ramasamy, K., and Agarwal, R. 2008. Multi targeted therapy of cancer by silymarin. Cancer Letter 269 (2): 352-62.
33. Rizza, F., Pagani, D., Stanca, A. M., and Cattivelli, L. 2001. Use of chlorophyll fluorescence to evaluate the cold acclimation and freezing tolerance of winter and spring oats. Plant Breeding 120: 389-396
34. Ruan, S. L., and Xue, Q. Z. 2002. Effects of Chitosan Coating on Seed Germination and Salt Tolerance of Seedlings in Hybrid rice (Oryza sativa L.). Acta Agronomica Sinica Journal 28: 803-808.
35. Shabala, S., Demidchik, V., Shabala, L., Cuin, T. A., Smith, S. J., Miller, A. J., Davies, J. M., and Newman, I. A. 2006. Extracellular Ca ameliorates NaCl induced Kloss from Arabidopsis root and leaf cells by controlling plasma membrane K-permeable channels. Plant Physiology 141: 1653-1665.
36. Sheikha, S. A. K., and AL-Malki, F. M. 2009. Growth and Chlorophyll Responses of Bean Plants to the Chitosan Applications. European Journal of Scientific Research 50: 124-134.
37. Taghipour, Z., and Maghsuddi, J. 2015. Effect of different concentrations of chitosan on germination and wheat seedling growth (Triticum aestivum) under drought stress conditions. Seed Research 5 (16): 65-75.
38. Uthairatanakij, A., Texeira Da Silva, G. A., and Obsuwan, K. 2007. Chitosan for improving orchid production and quality. Orchid Science and Biotechnology 1 (1): 1-5.
39. Waheed, A., Hafiz, I. A. G., Qadir, G., Murtaza, T. M., and Ashraf, M. 2006. Effect of salinity on germination, growth, yield, ionic balance and solute composition of pigeon pea (Cajanus cajan L.). Pakistan Journal of Botany 38: 1103-1117
40. Wei, S., Zang, X. M., Xue, J. P., and Xiang G. 2007. Effect of chitosan on seeds germination and seedling physiological property of wheat. Periodicals. Core Journals Biology Journal 24 (2): 51-53.
41. Yazdani Buick, R., Rezvani Moghaddam, P., Khazaei, H. R., Ghorbany, R., and Astaray, A. 2010. Effects of drought and salinity stress on seed germination of mike thistle. Iranian Journal of Field Crop Research 8: 12-19. (in Persian).