1. Abd El-Wahed, M. S. A., Amin, A. A., and Rashad, El-Sh. M. 2006. Physiological effect of some bioregulators on vegetative growth, yield and chemical constituents of yellow maize plants. World Journal Agricultural Science 2 (2): 149-155.
2. Aboutalebian, M. 2005. Osmotic priming of seeds of some wheat cultivars (Triticum aestivum L.) in warm, temperate and cold regions of Iran a means of enhancing seed vigour under unsuitable conditions. Thesis of PhD, Tehran University.
3. Ali, K., Arif, M., Jan, M. T., Yaseen, T., Waqasl, M., and Munsif, F. 2015. Biochar: a novel tool to enhance wheat productivity and soil fertility on sustainable basis under wheat-maize-wheat cropping pattern. Pakistan Journal of Botany 47 (3): 1023-1031.
4. Arif, M., Ali, A., Umair, M., Munsif, F., Inamullah, K. A., Saleem, M., and Ayub, G. 2012. Effect of biochar FYM and mineral nitrogen alone and in combination on yield and yield components of maize. Sarhad Journal of Agricultural 28 (2):191-195.
5. Ashraf, M., and Foolad, M. R. 2005. Pre-sowing seed treatment – A shot-gun approach to improve germination, plant growth and crop yield under saline and non-saline conditions. Advances in Agronomy 88: 223- 271.
6. Atkinson, C. J., Fitzgerald, J. D., and Hipps, N. A. 2010. Potential mechanisms for achieving agricultural benefits from biochar application to temperate soils: a review. Plant and Soil 337: 1-18.
7. Baljain, R., and Shekari, F. 2012. Effects of priming by salicylic acid on yield and growth indices of safflower (Carthamus tinctorus L.) plants under end season drought stress. Sustainable Agriculture and Production Science, 22 (1): 87-107.
8. Bandurska, H., and Stroinski, A. 2005. The effect of salicylic acid on barley response to water deficit. Acta Physiologiae Plantarum 27: 379-386.
9. Basra, S. M. A., Pannu, I. A., and Afzal, I. 2003. Evaluation of seedling vigour of hydro and matriprimed wheat (Triticum aestivum L.) seeds. International Journal of Agriculture and Biology 2: 121-123.
10. Blackwell, P., Reithmuller, G., and Collins, M. 2009. Biochar applications to soil. In Biochar for environmental management: sci and tech. Eds. J. Lehmann and S. Joseph. Earthscan, London; Sterling, VA. pp. 207-226.
11. Bray, C. M. Davison, P. A., Ashraf, M., and Taylor, R. M. 1989. Biochemical events during osmopriming of leek seed. Annals Applied Biology 102: 185-193.
12. Cornelissen, G., Martinsen, V., Shitumbanuma, V., Alling, V., Breedveld, G. D., Rutherford, D. W., Sparrevik, M., Hale, S. E., Obia, A., and Mulde, J. 2013. Biochar effect on maize yield and soil characteristics in five conservation farming sites in Zambia. Agronomy 3: 256-274.
13. Dai, Z., Zhang, X., Tang, C., Muhammad, N., Wu, J., Brookes, P. C., Xu, J. 2017. Potential role of biochars in decreasing soil acidification-a critical review. Sci. Total Environ.
14. Das, R. Ch., Somanagouda, G., and Singh. B. 2017. Effect of integrated nutrient management (INM) practices on growth, yield and oil yield of safflower (Carthamus tinctorius L.). International Journal of Current Microbiology and Applied Sciences 6 (4): 511-516.
15. Delavari, P. M., Baghizadeh, A., Enteshari, Sh., Kalantari, Kh. M., Yazdanpanah, A., and Mousavi, E. A. 2010. The Effects of salicylic acid on some of biochemical and morphological characteristic of Ocimum basilicum under salinity stress. Australian Journal of Basic and Applied Science 4 (10): 4832-4845.
16. El-Khallal, S. M., Hathout, T. A., Abd El Raheim, A., Ashour, A., and Kerrit A. A. 2009. Brassinolide and salicylic acid induced growth, biochemical activities and productivity of maize plants grown under salt stress. Research Journal Agriculture Biological Sciences 5 (4): 380-390.
17. Gul, S., Whalen, J. K., 2016. Biochemical cycling of nitrogen and phosphorus in biocharamended soils - review paper. Soil Biol. Biochem 103: 1-15.
18. Harris, D. 2006. Development and testing of ‘on-farm’ seed priming. Advances in Agronomy 90: 129-178.
19. Kaur, S., Gupta, A. K., and Kaur, N. 2005. Seed priming increases crop yield possibly by modulating Enzymes of sucrose metabolism in chickpea. Journal of Agronomy and Crop science191: 81-87.
20. Khan, W., Balakrishnan, P., and Smith, D. L. 2003. Photosynthetic responses of corn and soybean to foliar application of salicylates. Journal of Plant Physiology160 (5): 485-492.
21. Liu, Z., Chen, X., Jing, Y., Li, Q., Zhang, J., and Huang, Q. 2014. Effects of biochar amendment on rapeseed and sweet potato yields and water stable aggregate in upland red soil. Catena 123: 45-51.
22. Larque-Saavedra, A. 1979. Stomatal closure in response to acetylsalicylic acid treatment. Zeitschriftfur. Pflanzenphysiologie 93: 371-375.
23. Lehmann, J., and Joseph, S. 2009.Biochar for environmental management: an introduction. In: Lehmann, J., Joseph, S. (Eds.), Biochar for Environmental Management: Science and Technology. Earthscan, London, pp. 1e12.
24. Lu, S. G., Sun, F. F., Zong, Y. T., 2014. Effect of rice husk biochar and coal fly ash on some physical properties of expansive clayey soil (Vertisol). Catena 114: 37-44.
25. Mansouri, B., and Aboutalebian, M. A. 2013. Effect of on-farm seed priming and supplementary irrigation on emergence rate, yield and yield components of two chickpea (Cicer arietinum L.) cultivars. Journal of Plant Production 20 (2).
26. MiarSadegi, S., Shekari, F., Fotovet, R., and Zangani, E. 2010. The Effect of priming by salicylic acid on vigor and seedling growth of canola (Brassica napus) under water deficit condition. Journal of Plant Biology 2 (6): 55-70.
27. Omidi, A. H., Khazaei, H., Monneux, P., and Stoddard, F. 2012. Effect of Cultivar and water regime on yield and yield components in safflower (Carthamus tinctorius L.).Turkish Journal of Field Crops 17 (1): 10-15.
28. Omondi, M. O., Xia, X., Nahayo, A., Liu, X., Korai, P. K., and Pan, G., 2016. Quantification of biochar effects on soil hydrological properties using meta-analysis of literature data. Geoderma 274: 28-34.
29. Oya, A., and Lu, W. G. 2002. Deodorization performance of charcoal particles loaded with orthophosphoric acid against ammonia and trimethylamine. Carbon 40 (9): 1391-399.
30. Pirasteh Anosheh, H., Emam, Y., Ashraf, M., and Foolad, M. R. 2012. Exogenous application of salicylic acid and chlormequat chloride alleviates negative effects of drought stress in wheat. Advanced Studies in Biology 11: 501-520.
31. Patade, V. Y., Maya, K., and Zakwan, A. 2011. Seed priming mediated germination improvement and tolerance to subsequent exposure to cold and salt stress in capsicum. Research Journal of Seed Science 4 (3): 125-136.
32. Rab, A., Khan, M. R., Haq, S. U., Zahid, S., Asim, M., Afridi, M. Z., Arif, M., and Munsif, F. 2016. Impact of biochar on mung bean yield and yield components. Pure and Applied Biology 5 (3): 632-640.
33. Sakhabutidnova, A. R., Fatkhutdinova, D. R., Bezrukova, M. V., and Shakirova, F. M. 2003. Salicylic acid prevents the damage action of stress factors on wheat plants. Plant Physiology. Special Issue (5): 314-319.
34. Sharma, R., Kwon, E. H., and Ganeshan, K. P. 1993. Response of soybean (Glycine max L.) to seed priming with salicylic acid. Indian Journal of Ecology 20: 27-29.
35. Saxena, J., Rana, G., and Pandey, M. 2013. Impact of addition of biochar along with Bacillus sp on growth and yield of French beans. ScientiaHorticulturae 162: 351-356.
36. Senaratna, T., Touchell, D., Bunn, E., and Dixon, K. 2000. Acetyl salicylic acid (Aspirin) and salicylic acid induce multiple stress tolerance in bean and tomato plants. Plant Growth Regulation 30: 157-161.
37. Soliman, M. H., Al-Juhani, R. S., Hashash, M. A., and Al-juhani, F. M. 2016. Effect of Seed Priming with Salicylic Acid on Seed Germination and Seedling Growth of Broad bean (Vicia faba L.). International Journal of Agricultural Technology 12 (6): 1125-1138.
38. Soltani, A., Gholipoor, M., and Zeinali, E. 2006. Seed reserve utilization and seedling growth of wheat as affected by drought and salinity. Environmental and Experimental Botany 55: 195-200.
39. Steiner, C., Teixeira, W. G., Lehmann, J., Nehls, T., de Macedo, J. L. V., Blum, W. E. H., and Zech, W. 2007. Long term effects of manure, charcoal and mineral fertilization on crop production and fertility on a highly weathered central amazonian upland soil. Plant Soil 291: 275-290.
40. Subedi, K. D., and Ma, B. L. 2005. Seed priming does not improve corn yield in a humid temperate environment. Agro. J. 97: 211-218.
41. Weinberg, Z. G., Landau, S. A., Chen Bar-Tal, Y., Gamburg, M., Brener, S., and Dvash, L. 2005. Ensiling safflower (Carthamustinctorius L.) as an alternative winter forage crop. Proceedings of the 15th International Conference, Belfast, Northern Ireland, (ICBNI'05), Wageningen Academic Publ., Wagening, the Netherlands, pp: 169-169.