1. Achakzai, A. K. K., and Bangulzai, M. I. 2006. Effect of various levels of nitrogen fertilizer on the yield and yield attributes of pea (Pisum sativum L.) cultivars. Pakistan Journal of Botany 38 (2): 331-340.
2. Ajwa, H. A., Dell, C. J., and Rice, C. W. 1999. Changes in enzyme activities and microbial biomass of tallgrass prairie soil as related to burning and nitrogen fertilization. Soil Biology and Biochemistry 31 (5): 769-777.
3. Andersson, M., Michelsen, A., Jensen, M., and Kjøller, A. 2004. Tropical savannah woodland: effects of experimental fire on soil microorganisms and soil emissions of carbon dioxide. Soil Biology and Biochemistry 36 (5): 849-858.
4. Bremner, J. M., and Mulvaney, C. S. 1982. Nitrogen-total. P 595-624, In: A.L. Page (Eds), Methods of Soil Analysis, American Society of Agronomy, Madison, WI.
5. Butterly, C. R., Bhatta Kaudal, B., Baldock, J. A., and Tang, C. 2011. Contribution of soluble and insoluble fractions of agricultural residues to short‐term pH changes. European Journal of Soil Science 62 (5): 718-727.
6. Chapman, H. D. 1965. Cation exchange capacity. P 891-901, In: C.A. Black (Eds), Methods of Soil Analysis, American Society of Agronomy, Madison, WI.
7. Du Preez, C. C., Steyn, J. T., and Kotze, E. 2001. Long-term effects of wheat residue management on some fertility indicators of a semi-arid Plinthosol. Soil and tillage Research 63 (1): 25-33.
8. FAO. 2011. Soil Health: Technologies that Save and Grow. FAO, Rome.
9. Farhoodi, R., Chaychi, M. R., Majnun Hoseini, N., and Savaghebi, G. H. R. 1999. The Effect of Managing Wheat Plant Residues on Soil Properties and Sunflower Performance in a Double Crop System. Iranian Crop Science 39 (1): 11-21.
10. Gee, G. H., and Bauder, J. W. 1986. Particle size analysis. P 383-409, In: A. Klute (Eds), Methods of Soil Analysis, Part 2 physical properties, Soil Science Society of America, Madison, Wisconsin.
11. Ghoushchi, F., Jourablou, A., Silespour, M., and Hadi, H. 2010. Effect of tillage and management of Hordeum vulgare L. on the soil and corn characteristics of forage (Zea mays L.). Agricultural Ecology 3 (2): 428-436.
12. HaghighatKhah, N., Hojjati, S., Landi, A., and Moetamedi, H. 2015. Effect of burning sugarcane and corn plants on different forms of carbon in some soils of Khuzestan province. Water and Soil Knowledge 25 (1): 129-142.
13. Hatten, J. A. and Zabowski, D. 2009. Changes in soil organic matter pools and carbon mineralization as influenced by fire severity. Soil Science Society of America Journal 73 (1): 262-273.
14. Haynes, R. J., and Mokolobate, M. S. 2001. Amelioration of Al toxicity and P deficiency in acid soils by additions of organic residues: a critical review of the phenomenon and the mechanisms involved. Nutrient cycling in Agroecosystems 59 (1): 47-63.
15. He, Y., Qi, Y., Dong, Y., Xiao, S., Peng, Q., Liu, X., and Sun, L. 2013. Effects of nitrogen fertilization on soil microbial biomass and community functional diversity in temperate grassland in Inner Mongolia, China. CLEAN–Soil, Air, Water 41 (12): 1216-1221.
16. Heidari, F., RasulZadeh, A., SepasKhah, A., Asghari, A., and Ghavidel, A. 2013. The effect of management of plant remains on the physical and biological characteristics of soil and yield of corn fodder and barley. Water and Soil 17 (65): 233-248.
17. Hemwong, S., Cadisch, G., Toomsan, B., Limpinuntana, V., Vityakon, P., and Patanothai, A. 2008. Dynamics of residue decomposition and N 2 fixation of grain legumes upon sugarcane residue retention as an alternative to burning. Soil and Tillage Research 99 (1): 84-97.
18. Hernandez, T., Garcia, C., and Reinhardt, I. 1997. Short-term effect of wildfire on the chemical, biochemical and microbiological properties of Mediterranean pine forest soils. Biology and Fertility of Soils 25 (2): 109-116.
19. Hoseini, M. S., HaghNia, Gh., Lakzian, A., and Emami, H. 2010. Consequences of different management of barley residue on carbon indices of microbial biomass, organic carbon and total nitrogen in soil. Agricultural Ecology 3 (2): 272-282.
20. Isermeyer, H. 1952. Eine einfache Methode zur Bestimmung der Bodenatmung und der Karbonate im Boden. Zeitschrift für Pflanzenernährung, Düngung, Bodenkunde 56 (1‐3): 26-38.
21. Jenkinson, D. S., and Powlson, D. S. 1976. The effects of biocidal treatments on metabolism in soil—I. Fumigation with chloroform. Soil Biology and Biochemistry 8 (3): 167-177.
22. Kabirinejad, S., Kalbasi, M., Khoshgoftarmanesh, A. H., Hoodaji, M., and Afyuni, M. 2014. Effect of Incorporation of Crops Residue into Soil on Some Chemical Properties of Soil and Bioavailability of Copper in Soil. International Journal of Advanced Biological and Biomedical Research 2 (11): 2819-2824.
23. Kara, O., and Bolat, I. 2009. Short-term effects of wildfire on microbial biomass and abundance in black pine plantation soils in Turkey. Ecological Indicators 9 (6): 1151-1155.
24. Karami, A., Homaee, M., Afzalinia, S., Ruhipour, H., and Basirat, S. 2012. Organic resource management: Impacts on soil aggregate stability and other soil physico-chemical properties. Agriculture, Ecosystems and Environment 148: 22-28.
25. Kutiel, P., Naveh, Z., and Kutiel, H., 1990. The effect of a wildfire on soil nutrients and vegetation in an Aleppo pine forest on Mount Carmel, Israel. In: Goldammer, J.G., Jenkins, M.J. (Eds.), Fire in Ecosystem Dynamics: Mediterranean and Northern Perspectives. SPB Academic Publishing, The Hague, pp. 85-94.
26. Lal, R. A. 2005. World crop residues production and implications of its use as a biofuel. Environment International 31 (4): 575-584.
27. Loeppert, R. H., and Sparks, D. L. 1996. Carbonate and gypsum. P 437-474, In: D.L. Sparks (Eds), Methods of Soil Analysis, Part3 chemical methods, Soil Science Society of America, Madison, Wisconsin.
28. Lou, Y., Liang, W., Xu, M., He, X., Wang, Y., and Zhao, K. 2011. Straw coverage alleviates seasonal variability of the topsoil microbial biomass and activity. Catena 86 (2): 117-120.
29. Lou, Y., Xu, M., Wang, W., Sun, X., and Zhao, K. 2011. Return rate of straw residue affects soil organic C sequestration by chemical fertilization. Soil and Tillage Research 113 (1): 70-73.
30. Malhi, S. S., and Kutcher, H. R. 2007. Small grains stubble burning and tillage effects on soil organic C and N, and aggregation in northeastern Saskatchewan. Soil and Tillage Research 94 (2): 353-361.
31. Mbah, C. N., and Nneji, R. K. 2010. Effect of different crop residue management techniques on selected soil properties and grain production of maize. Journal of Applied Sciences Research 6 (2): 151-155.
32. Mendham, D. S., Sankaran, K. V., O'connell, A. M., and Grove, T. S. 2002. Eucalyptus globulus harvest residue management effects on soil carbon and microbial biomass at 1 and 5 years after plantation establishment. Soil Biology and Biochemistry 34 (12): 1903-1912.
33. Mu, X., Zhao, Y., Liu, K., Ji, B., Guo, H., Xue, Z., and Li, C. 2016. Responses of soil properties, root growth and crop yield to tillage and crop residue management in a wheat–maize cropping system on the North China Plain. European Journal of Agronomy 78: 32-43.
34. Mulumba, L. N., and Lal, R. 2008. Mulching effects on selected soil physical properties. Soil and Tillage Research 98 (1): 106-111.
35. Najafinezhad, H., Javaheri M. A., Gheibi, M., and Rostami, M. A. 2007. Influence of tillage practices on the grain yield of maize and some soil properties in maize-wheat cropping system of Iran. Journal of Agriculture and Social Sciences (Pakistan).
36. Olsen, S. R., and Sommers, L. E. 1982. Phosphorus. P 4013-430, In: A. Klute (Eds), Methods of Soil Analysis, Part1 chemical and biological properties, Soil Science Society of America, Madison, Wisconsin.
37. Pardini, G., Gispert, M., and Dunjo, G. 2004. Relative influence of wildfire on soil properties and erosion processes in different Mediterranean environments in NE Spain. Science of the total Environment 328 (1): 237-246.
38. Rengel, Z. 2007. The role of crop residues in improving soil fertility. In Nutrient cycling in terrestrial ecosystems (pp. 183-214). Springer Berlin Heidelberg.
39. Rutigliano, F. A., De Marco, A., D’Ascoli, R., Castaldi, S., Gentile, A., and De Santo, A. V. 2007. Impact of fire on fungal abundance and microbial efficiency in C assimilation and mineralisation in a Mediterranean maquis soil. Biology and Fertility of Soils 44 (2): 377-381.
40. Snyman, H. A. 2003. Short-term response of rangeland following an unplanned fire in terms of soil characteristics in a semi-arid climate of South Africa. Journal of Arid Environments 55 (1): 160-180.
41. Tisdale, S. L., Nelson, W. L., Beaton, J. D., and Halven, J. 1990. Soil Fertility and Fertilizer Macmillan Pub. Co. New York.
42. Treseder, K. K. 2008. Nitrogen additions and microbial biomass: A meta‐analysis of ecosystem studies. Ecology Letters 11 (10): 1111-1120.
43. Turmel, M. S., Speratti, A., Baudron, F., Verhulst, N., and Govaerts, B. 2015. Crop residue management and soil health: A systems analysis. Agricultural Systems 134: 6-16.
44. Vos, J., and Van der Putten, P. E. L. 2000. Nutrient cycling in a cropping system with potato, spring wheat, sugar beet, oats and nitrogen catch crops. I. Input and off take of nitrogen, phosphorus and potassium. Nutrient cycling in Agroecosystems 56 (2): 87-97.
45. Walkley, A., and Black, I. A. 1934. An examination of the Degtjareff method for determining soil organic matter, and a proposed modification of the chromic acid titration method. Soil Science 37 (1): 29-38.
46. Ward, S. E., Bardgett, R. D., McNamara, N. P., Adamson, J. K., and Ostle, N. J. 2007. Long-term consequences of grazing and burning on northern peatland carbon dynamics. Ecosystems 10 (7): 1069-1083.
47. Wei, T., Zhang, P., Wang, K., Ding, R., Yang, B., Nie, J., and Han, Q. 2015. Effects of wheat straw incorporation on the availability of soil nutrients and enzyme activities in semiarid areas. PloS one 10 (4): e0120994.
48. Xu, R. K., and Coventry, D. R. 2003. Soil pH changes associated with lupin and wheat plant materials incorporated in a red–brown earth soil. Plant and Soil 250 (1): 113-119.
49. Zhao, H., Tong, D. Q., Lin, Q., Lu, X., and Wang, G. 2012. Effect of fires on soil organic carbon pool and mineralization in a Northeastern China wetland. Geoderma 189: 532-539.