1. Amiri, A., Esmaeilzadeh Bahabadi, S., Yadollahi Dehcheshmeh, P., and Sirousmehr. A. 2017. The role of salicylic acid and chitosan foliar applications under drought stress condition on some physiological traits and oil yield of Safflower (Carthamus tinctorius L.). Journal of Crop Ecophysiology 11 (1): 84-69. (in Persian with English abstract).
2. Amraei, B., Paknejad, F., Ebrahimian, M. A., and Sobhanan, H. 2017. Effect of methanol foliar application and drought stress on seed yield and growth indices of soybean (Glycine max L.). Journal of Plant Growth Physiology 9 (34): 111-129. (in Persian).
3. Ashaar ghadim, E., and Gharanjik, S. H. 2018. Cloning and bioinformatics analyses of the coding DNA sequence (CDS) of Delta 6 Desaturase gene from Mortierella alpina (CBS 754.68). Biological Journal of Microorganism 7 (26): 87-99. (in Persian with English abstract).
4. Ayoubizadeh, N., Laei, G., Amini Dehaghi, M., Masoud Sinaki, J., and Rezvan, S. 2018. Seed yield and fatty acids composition of sesame genotypes as affected by foliar application of iron Nano-chelate and fulvic acid under drought stress. Applied Ecology and Environmental Research 16 (6): 7585-7604. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.15666/aeer/1606_75857604
5. Baydar, H., and Erbaş, S. 2005. Influence of seed development and seed position on oil, fatty acids and total tocopherol contents in sunflower (Helianthus annuus L.). Turkish Journal of Agriculture and Forestry 29: 179-186.
6. Downie, A., Miyazaki, S., Bohnert, H., John, P., Coleman, J., Parry, M., and Haslam, R. 2004. Expression profiling of the response of Arabidopsis thaliana to methanol stimulation. Phytochemistry 65 (16): 2305-2316.
7. Dreecer, M. F., Schapendonk, H. C. M., Oijen, M. V., Sanderpot, C., and Rabbinge, R. 2000. Radiation and nitrogen use at the leaf and canopy level by wheat and oilseed rape during the critical period for grain number definition. Australian Journal of Plant Physiology 27: 899-910.
8. Elias, S. G., and Copeland, L. O. 2001. Physiological and harvest maturity of canola in relation to seed quality. Agronomy Journal 93 (5): 1054-1058.
9. Esendel, E., Kevesoglu, K. E., Ulsa, N., and Aytac, S. 1992. Performance of late autumn and spring planted safflower under limited environment. In: Proceeding of the third International Safflower Conference, China. P. 221-280.
10. Fanaii, H. R., and Narouirad, M. R. 2013. Study of yield, yield components and tolerance to drought stress in safflower genotypes. Journal of Crop Production 7 (3): 33-51. (in Persian).
11. Farjam, S., Rokhzadi, A., Mohammadi, H., and Ghale-shakhani, S. 2014. Effect of cutting irrigation tension and foliar application of salicylic acid on growth, yield and yield components of three Safflower cultivars. Crop Physiology Journal 6 (23): 99-112. (in Persian).
12. Ghanbari Kashan, M., Mirzakhani, M., and Farid Hashemi, S. A. 2017. Effect of Organic and Chemical Fertilizers on Oil Content and other Agronomic Traits of Safflower (Carthamus tinctorios). Journal of Agricultural Science and Sustainable Production 27 (4): 203-216. (in Persian with English abstract).
13. Gout, E., Albert, S., Blingy, R., Rebeille, P., and Nonomura, A. R. 2000. Metabolism of methanol in plant cells. Plant Physiology 123: 287-296.
14. Habibpor, S., Naderi, A., Lake, S. H., Faraji, H., and Moghaddam, M. 2015. Effects of salicylic acid on yield and some physiological characteristics of sweet corn hybrids under water deficit stress condition. Iranian Plant Physiology and Biochemistry Journal 1 (2): 1-15. (in Persian).
15. Hajghani, M., Ghalavand, A., Modarres-Sanavy, S. A. M., and Asadipour, A. 2016. The response of safflower seed quality characteristics to organic and chemical fertilization. Biological Agriculture & Horticulture 32 (2): 139-147. http://dx.doi.org/10.1080/01448765.2015.1094674
16. Hemming, D., and Criddle, R. 1995. Effects of methanol on plant respiration. Journal of Plant Physiology 146: 193-198.
17. Izadi, Z., and Taddayion, A. 2015. Effect of salicylic acid and Spermidine in yield and yield component of Ricinus communis L. under drought stress. Environmental Stresses in Crop Science 8 (2): 159-167. (in Persian).
18. Khaki-Moghadam, A., and Rokhzadi, A. 2015. Growth and yield parameters of safflower (Carthamus tinctorius L.) as influenced by foliar methanol application under well-watered and water deficit conditions. Environmental and Experimental Biology 13: 93-97.
19. Khan, H. R., McDonald, G. K., and Rengel, Z. 2003. Zn fertilization improves water use efficiency, grain yield and seed Zn content in chickpea. Plant and Soil 241: 389-400.
20. Kimber, D., and Mc Gregor, D. I. 1995. Brassica oil seeds production and utilization. 2nd, CAB American Chemistry Society 55 (2): 272-274.
21. Maleki, S. 2017. Effect of priming, foliar application and harvesting date on qualitative and quantitative traits of Prines- feather (Amaranthus hypochondriacus L.). PhD. Thesis University of Urmia. 106Pp. (in Persian with English abstract).
22. Maleki, S., and Tajbakhsh, M. 2017. Study of morphological characteristics and forage quality of Amaranthus hypochondriacus L. under some seed priming. Iranian Journal of Field Crops Research 15 (1): 103-112. (in Persian).
23. Mansouri-far, S., Shaaban, M., Ghobadi, M., and Sabaghpour, S. H. 2012. Investigation of grain filling in chickpea cultivars (Cicer arietinm L.) under drought stress conditions and starter nitrogen fertilizer application. Iranian Journal of Field Crops Research 10 (3): 591-602. (in Persian).
24. Mehrafarin, A. NaqdiBadi, H., Qaderi, A., Labbafi, M. R., Zand, E., Noormohammadi, Gh., Qavami, N., and SeifSahandi, M. 2015. Changes in seed yield and mucilage of Fenugreek (Trigonella foenum-graecum L.) in response to foliar application of methanol as a bio-stimulant. Journal of Medicinal Plants 2 (54): 86-100. (in Persian with English abstract).
25. Metcalf, L. C., Schmitz, A. A., and Pelka, J. R. 1996. Rapid preparation of methyl esters from lipid for gas chromatography analysis. Analytical Chemistry 38: 514-515.
26. Mohammadi, K., and Rokhzadi, A. 2012. An integrated fertilization system of canola (Brassica napus L.) production under different crop rotations. Industrial Crops and Products 37: 264-269.
27. Mohammadi, M., Ghassemi-Golezani, K., Chaichi, M. R., and Safikhani, S. 2018. Seed oil accumulation and yield of Safflower affected by water supply and harvest time. Crop Ecology and Physiology 110 (2): 586-593.
28. Mohammadi, M., Tavakoli, A., and Saba, J. 2014. Effect of foliar application of 6-benzylaminopurine on yield and oil content in two spring Safflower (Carthamus tinctorius L.) Cultivars. Plant Growth Regulation 73: 219-226.
29. Monica, R. C., and Cremonini, R. 2009. Nanoparticles and higher plants. Karyology 62: 161-165.
30. Mosavi Mogaddam, S. L., Tajbakhsh, M., and Eivazi, A. 2013. Evaluation of harvesting dates on quantitative, qualitative and seed storage characteristics of spring Safflower (Carthamus tinctorius L.) genotypes. Iranian Journal of Field Crops Research 11 (3): 454-459. (in Persian).
31. Movahhedy-Dehnavy, M., Modarres-Sanavy S. A. M., Mokhtassi-Bidgoli, A. 2009. Foliar application of zinc and manganese improves seed yield and quality of safflower (Carthamus tinctorius L.) grown under water deficit stress. Industrial Crops and Products 30: 82-92.
32. Nadali, I., Paknejad, F., Moradi, F., and Vazan, S. 2010. Effect of methanol on yield and some quality characteristics of Sugar Beet (Beta vulgaris L.) cv. rasoul in drought and non-drought stress conditions. Journal of Seed and Plant Improvement 26: 95-108. (in Persian with English abstract).
33. Parvizi, S., Amirnia, R., Bernosy, I., Paseban Islam, B., Hasanzadeh Gorttapeh, A., and Raeii, Y. 2011. Evaluation of different plant densities effects on rate and process of grain filling, yield and yield components in varieties of dry bean. Journal of Plant Production 18 (1): 69-87. (in Persian with English abstract).
34. Ramberg, H. A., Bradley, J. S. C., Olson, J. S. C., Nishio, J. N., Markwel, L., and Osterman, J. C. 2002. The role of methanol in promoting plant growth: An Update. Review. Plant Biochemistry and Biotechnology 1: 113-126.
35. Rameshknia, Y., Tahmasebpoor, B., and SabbaghTazeh, E. 2013. Investigation the important traits of spring Safflower varieties through multivariate statistical methods. Bulletin of Environment, Pharmacology and Life Sciences 2 (8): 29-34.
36. Ramirez, I., Dorta, F., Espinoza, V., Jimenez, E., Mercado, A., and PenA-Cortes, H. 2006. Effects of foliar and root applications of methanol on the growth of Arabidopsis, Tobacco and Tomato plants. Journal of Plant Growth Regulation 25 (1): 30-44.
37. Rastegar, M. A. 2006. Agronomy of industrial plants brahmand publication, Tehran. Pp480. (in Persian).
38. Rezvani Moghaddam, P., Balandari, A., and Seyyedi, S. M. 2015. Effect of plant density and harvest time on forage yield of Chicory (Cichorium intybus L. cv. grasslands Puna). Iranian Journal of Crop Sciences 17 (2): 104-114. (in Persian).
39. Rezvani, E., Ghaderifar, F., Hamidi, A., and Soltani, E. 2016. Evaluation of various indicators related to physiological maturity, harvest time and highest seed quality determination in hybrid maize (Zea mays L.). Iranian Journal of Seed Science and Research 4 (2): 83-95. (in Persian with English abstract).
40. Soghani, M., Paknejad, F., Nadali, I., Elahipanah, F., and Ghafari, M. 2011. Effect of methanol on yield and yield component in chickpea. Journal of Crop and Weed Ecophysiology 15 (17): 79-88. (in Persian with English abstract).
41. Taghizadeh, Y., Jalilian, J., and Siavash Moghaddam, S. 2019. Do Fertilizers and Irrigation Disruption Change Some Physiological Traits of Safflower? Journal of Plant Growth Regulation. https://doi.org/10.1007/s00344-019-09946-5
42. Tajbakhsh, M., and Ghyassi, M. 2009. Seed Ecology. Jahad publications academic unit West Azerbaijan. Pp134. (in Persian).