1. Amini, H., Arzani, A., and Bahrami, F. 2013. Seed yield and some physiological traits of safflower as affected by water deficit stress. International Journal of Plant Production 7 (3): 598-614.
2. Arab, S., Baradaran Firouzabadi, M., Asghari, H., Gholami, A., and Rahimi, M. 2016. The effect of ascorbic acid and sodium nitroprusside foliar application on seed yield, oil and some agronomical traits of safflower (Carthamus tinctorius L.) under water deficit stress. Environmental Stresses Crop Sciences 9 (1): 15-27. (in Persian with English abstract).
3. Asqarpanh, J., and Kazemivash, N. 2013. pharmacology and medicinal properties of (Carthamus tinctorius L.). Chines Journal of integrative Medicine 19 (2): 53-59.
4. Behdani, M., and Jami Al-Mahdi, M. 2010. Response of Spring Safflower Cultivars to Irrigation Intervals in Birjand Condition. Iranian Journal Field Crops Research 8 (2): 315-335. (in Persian with English abstract).
5. Bagal, U. R., Leebens mack, J. H., Walter Lorenz, W., and Dean, J. F. D. 2012. The phenylalanine ammonia lyase (PAL) gene family shows a gymnosperm specific line age. BioMed Central Genomics 13 )3:( 1471-2164.
6. Bari, R., and Jones, J. D. 2009. Role of plant hormones in plant defense responses. Plant Molecular Biology 69: 473-488.
7. Campbell, M. M., and Ellis, B. E. 1992. Fungal elicitor-mediated responses in pine cell cultures: III. Purification and characterization of phenylalanine ammonia-lyase. Plant Physiology 98: 62-70.
8. Chen, Y., Xie, M. Y., and Gong, X. F. 2007. Microwave-assisted extraction used for the isolation of total triterpenoid saponins from Ganoderma atrum. Journal of Food Engineering 81: 162-170.
9. Creelman, R. A., and Mullet, J. E. 1995. Jasmonic acid distribution and action in plants: regulation during development and response to biotic and abiotic stress. Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences USA 92: 4114-4119.
10. Daneshmand, F. 2014. The effect of ascorbic acid on reduction of oxidative stress caused by salinity in potato. Journal of Plant Researches 27 (3): 417-426.
11. Dixon, R. A., Ferreira, D., and Genistein, S. 2002. The phenylpropanoid pathway and plant defense - a genomics perspective. Molecular Plant Pathology 3: 371-390.
12. Dolatabadian, A., Modares Sanavy, A. M., and Asilan, K. 2009. Effect of ascorbic acid foliar application on yield, yield component and several morphological traits of grain corn under water deficit stress conditions. Journal of Notulae Scientia Biologicae 2 (3): 45-50.
13. Ebrahimzadeh, M., Hosseinimehr, S., Hamidinia, A., and Jafari, M. 2008. Antioxidant and free radical scavenging activity of Feijoa sallowiana fruits peel and leaves. Pharm ecology online 1: 7-14.
14. Edwards, K., Cramer, C. L., Bolwell, G. P., Dixon, R. A., Schuch, W., and Lamb, C. J. 1985. Rapid transient induction of phenylalanine ammonia-lyase mRNA in elicitor-treated bean cells. Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences of the United States of America 82: 6731-6735.
15. Fanaie, H. M., Keikha, H., and Piri, E. 2015. Effect of seed priming on grain and oil yield of Safflower under irrigation deficit conditions. Iranian Journal of Seed Science and Research 2 (2): 49-59. (in Persian with English abstract).
16. Farshi, A. A. 2003. Irrigation Water Management at the Field. Iranian National Committee on Irrigation and Drainage. Ahvaz. (Persian Book).
17. Ferasat, M., Sajadi, M. A., Mirzakhani, M. 2008. Response of agriculture traits to drought stress condition in four safflower genotypes. New Finding in Agriculture 3: 67-81.
18. Ghassemi-Golezani, K., and Hosseinzadeh-Mahootchi, A. 2015. Improving physiological performance of safflower under salt stress by application of salicylic acid and jasmonic acid. Walia Journal 31: 104-109.
19. He, Q., and Luo, Y. 2007. Enzymatic browning and its control in fresh-cut produce. Stewart Postharvest Review 3: 123-132.
20. Hernandez, I., Alegre, L., and Munne-Bosch, S. 2004. Drought-induced changes in flavonoids and other low molecular weight antioxidants in Cistus chisii grown under Mediterranean field conditions. Tree Physiology 24: 1303-1311.
21. Kartal, N., Sokmen, M., Tepe, B., Daferera, D., Polissiou, M., and Sokmen, A. 2007. Investigation of the antioxidant properties Ferula orientalis L. using a suitable extraction procedure. Food Chemistry 100 (2): 584-589.
22. Khalili, M., Naghavi, M. R., and Pour-Aboughadareh, A. 2016. Evaluation of Grain Yield and Some of Agro-Morphological Characters in Spring Safflowers Genotypes under Irrigated and Rainfed Conditions. Journal of Crop Breeding 7 (16): 139-138. (in Persian with English abstract).
23. Koukal, J., and Conn, E. E. 1961. The metabolism of aromatic compounds in higher plants. IV. Purification and properties of the phenylalanine deaminize of Hordeum vulgar. Journal of Biological Chemistry 236: 2692-2698.
24. Mahabub Alam, M. D., Kamrun, N., Hasanuzzaman, M., and Masayuki, F. 2014. Exogenous jasmonic acid modulates the physiology, antioxidant defense and glyoxalase systems in imparting drought stress tolerance in different Brassica species. Journal of Plant Biotechnology Reports 8: 279-293.
25. Mahmood, M., Bidabadi, S. S., Ghobadi, C., and Gray, D. J. 2012. Effect of methyl jasmonate treatments on alleviation of polyethylene glycol-mediated water stress in banana (Musa acuminata) shoot tip cultures. Plant Growth Regulation 68: 161-169.
26. Marinova, D., Ribarov, F., and Atanassova, M. 2005. Total phenolic and total flavonoids in Bulgarian fruits and vegetables. Journal of the University of Chemical Technology and Metallurgy 40 (3): 255-260.
27. Miller, G., Suzuki, N., and Ciftci‐Yilmaz, S. 2010. Reactive oxygen species homeostasis and signaling during drought and salinity stresses. Plant Cell and Environment 33: 453-467.
28. Mittler, R. 2004. Oxidative stress, antioxidants and stress tolerance. Trends in Plant Science 7: 405-410.
29. Moradi Tochali, M., Seiphzade, S., Zakerin, H. M., and Valadabadi, A. R. 2017. Investigation the effect of methanol and ascorbic acid foliar application on growth and yield of peanut (Arachis hypogaea L.). Crop Physiology Journal 9 (36): 65-82. (in Persian with English abstract).
30. Ozeki, Y., and Komamine, A. 1985. Changes in activities of enzymes involved in general phenylpropanoid metabolism during the induction and reduction of anthocyanin synthesis in a carrot suspension culture as regulated by 2,4-D. Plant Cell Physiology 26: 903-911.
31. Ramishkrishna, A., Ravishankar, G. A. 2011. Influence of abiotic stress signals on secondary metabolitis in plant. Journal of plant Signaling and Behavior 6: 1720-1731.
32. Ritter, H., and Schulz, G. E. 2004. Structural basis for the entrance into the phenylpropanoid nucleic metabolism catalyzed by phenylalanine ammonia-lyase. Plant Cell 16 (12): 3426-3436.
33. Sajadi, N. M., Ferasat, M., and Mirzakhani, M. 2012. Impact of water deficit stress on biochemical characteristics of safflower cultivars. Physiology and Molecular Biology of Plants 18 (4): 323-329.
34. Salama Zeinab, A., El-Fouly, M. M., and Gaafor, A. A. 2013. Mitigation of the adverse effect of salinity through stimulation some secondary metabolites and antioxidant enzymes of metabolic extract of maize cultivars by exogenous ascorbic acid. Journal of food, Agriculture of Environment 11: 1328-1335.
35. Schaller, F. 2001. Enzymes of the biosynthesis of octadecanoid-derivedsignaling molecules. Journal Experimental Botany 52: 11-23.
36. Sio- Se Mardeh, A., Ahmadi, A., Poustini, K., and Mohammadi, V. 2006. Evaluation of drought resistance indices under various environmental conditions. Field Crop Research 98: 222-229.
37. Vwioko, E. D., Osawaru, M. E., and Erugun, O. L. 2008. Evaluation of okro (Abelmoschus esculentus L. Moech). Exposed to paint waste contaminated soil for growth, ascorbic acid and metal concentration. African Journal of General Agriculture 4 (1): 39-48.
38. Wang, J. W., Zheng, L. P., Wu, J. Y., and Tan, R. Y. 2006. Involvement of nitric oxide in oxidative burst, phenylalanine ammonia-lyase activation and Taxol production induced by low-energy ultrasound in Taxus yunn an ensiscell suspension cultures. Journal of Nitric Oxide 15: 351-358.
39. Winkle-Shirley, B. 2001. Flavonoid biosynthesis. A colorful model for genetics, biochemistry, cell biology, and biotechnology. Plant Physiology 126: 485-493.
40. Zhao, J., Davis, L. C., Verpoorte, R. 2005. Elicitor signal transduction leading to production of plant secondary metabolites. Biotechnology Advances 23 (4): 283-333.