1. Abdel Rahman, A. 2008. Response of sesame to nitrogen and phosphorus fertilization in Northern Sudan. Journal of Applied Biosciences 8 (2): 304-308.
2. Abreu, I. N., and Mazzafera, P. 2005. Effect of water and temperature stress on the content of active constituents of Hypericum brasiliense Choisy. Plant Physiology and Biochemistry 43: 241-248.
3. Adediran, J. A., Taiwo, L. B., Akande, M. O., Sobulo, R. A., and Idowu, O. J. 2004. Application of organic and inorganic fertilizer for fertilizer for sustainable maize and cowpea yields in Nigeria. Journal of Plant Nutrition 27 (7): 1163-1181.
4. Afshar, R. K., Jovini, M. A., Chaichi, M. R., and Hashemi, M. 2014. Grain sorghum response to Arbuscular Mycorrhiza and phosphorus fertilizer under deficit irrigation. Agronomy Journal 106 (4): 1212-1218.
5. Anwar, M., Patra, D. D., Chand, S., Alpesh, K., Naqvi, A. A., and Khanuja, S. P. S. 2005. Effect of organic manures and inorganic fertilizer on growth, herb and oil yield, nutrient accumulation, and oil quality of French basil: Communications in Soil Science and Plant Analysis 36 (13-14): 1737-1746.
6. Arnon, D. I. 1949.Copper enzymes in isolated chloroplasts. Polyphennoloxidase in Beta vulgaris. Plant Physiology 24 (1): 1-150.
7. Behera, S. K., and Panda, R. K. 2009. Effect of fertilization and irrigation schedule on water and fertilizer solute transport for wheat crop in a sub-humid sub-tropical region. Agriculture, Ecosystems and Environment 130: 141-155.
8. Charles, D. J., Joly, R. J., and Simon, J. E. 1990. Effects of osmotic stress on the essential oil content and composition of peppermint. Phytochemistry 29: 2837-2840.
9. Chen, J. 2006. The combined use of chemical and organic fertilizers and/or biofertilizer for crop growth and soil fertility. International Workshop on Sustained Management of the Soil-rhizosphere System for Efficient Crop Production and Fertilizer Use.
10. Dadrasan, M., Chaichi, M. R., Pourbabaee, A. A., Yazdani, D., and Keshavarz Afshar, R. 2015. Deficit irrigation and biological fertilizer influence on yield and trigonelline production of fenugreek. Industrial Crops and Products 77: 156-162.
11. Daneshnia, F., Amini, A., and Chaichi, M. R. 2015. Surfactant effect on forage yield and water use efficiency for berseem clover and basil in intercropping and limited irrigation treatments. Agricultural Water Management 160: 57-63.
12. Darzi, M. T., Hadjseyed Hadi, M. R., and Rejali, F. 2010. Effects of vermicompost and phosphate biofertilizer application on yield and yield components in Anise (Pimpinella anisum L.). Journal of Applied Research on Medicinal and Aromatic Plants 26 (4): 1-28. (in Persian).
13. Diaz-Lopez, L., Gimeno, V., Simon, I., Martinez, V., Rodriguez-Ortega, W. M., and Garcia-Sanchez, F. 2012. Jatropha curcas seedlings show a water conservation strategy under drought conditions based on decreasing leaf growth and stomatal conductance. Agricultural Water Management 105: 48-56.
14. Farhoudi, R., Dong-Jin Lee, D. J., and Hussain, M. 2014. Mild Drought Improves Growth and Flower Oil Productivity of German Chamomile (Matricaria recutita L.). 17 (1): 26-31.
15. Figueroa-Perez, M. G., Rocha-Guzman, N. E., Perez-Ram irez, I. F., Mercado-Silva, E., and Reynoso-Camacho, R. 2014. Metabolite Profile, Antioxidant Capacity, and Inhibition of Digestive Enzymes in Infusions of Peppermint (Mentha piperita) Grown under Drought Stress. Journal of Agriculture and Food Chemistry 62: 12027-12033.
16. Friedman, M., and Jürgens, H. S. 2000. Effect of pH on the stability of plant phenolic compounds. Journal of Agricultural and Food Chemistry 48 (6): 2101-2110.
17. Ghanbari, M., and Ariafar, S. 2013. The Effects of Water Deficit and Zeolite Application on Growth Traits and Oil yield of Medicinal Peppermint (Mentha piperita L). Journal of Applied Research on Medicinal and Aromatic Plants 3 (1): 32-39.
18. Govahi, M., Ghalavand, A., Nadjafi, F., and Sorooshzadeh, A. 2015. Comparing different soil fertility systems in Sage (Salvia officinalis) under water deficiency. Industrial Crops and Products 74: 20-27.
19. Hassanpour, H., Khavari-Nejad, R. A., Niknam, V., Razavi, Kh., and Najafi, F. 2014. Effect of penconazole and drought stress on the essential oil composition and gene expression of Mentha pulegium L. (Lamiaceae) at flowering stage. Acta Physiologiae Plantarum 36: 1167-1175.
20. Herms, D. A., and Mattson, W. J. 1992. The dilemma of plants: To grow or defend. The Quarterly Review of Biology 67: 283-325.
21. Hernandez, I., Alegre, L., and Munne-Bosch, S. 2004. Drought-induced changes in flavonoids and other low molecular-weight antioxidants in Cistus clusii grown under Mediterranean field conditions. Tree Physiology 24: 1303-1311.
22. Hosseinzadeh, S. R., Amiri, H., and Ismaili, A. 2016. Effect of vermicompost fertilizer on photosynthetic characteristics of chickpea (Cicer arietinum L.) under drought stress. Photosynthetica 54 (1): 87-92.
23. Hura, T., Hura, K., and Grzesiak, S. 2008. Contents of total phenolics and ferulic acid, and PAL activity during water potential changes in leaves of maize single-cross hybrids of different drought tolerance. Journal of Agronmy and Crop Science 194: 104-112.
24. Kacperska, A. 1993. Water potential alteration-a prerequisite or a triggering stimulus for the development of freezing tolerance in overwintering herbaceous plants. In: Li PH, Christerson L (eds.) Advances in plant cold hardiness. CRC Press, Boca Raton, pp 73-91.
25. Kazem Alvandi, R., Sharifan, A., and Aghazadeh Meshghi, M. 2010.Study of chemical composition and antimicrobial activity of peppermint essential oil. Journal of Comparative Pathobiology 7 (4): 355-364.
26. Kim, H. J., Chen, F., Wang, X., and Choi, J. H. 2006. Effect of methyl jasmonate on phenolics, isothiocyanate, and metabolic enzymes in radish sprout (Raphanus sativus L.). Journal of Agricultural and Food Chemistry 54: 7263-7269.
27. Krizek, D. T., Kramer, G. F., Upadhyaya, A., and Mirecki R. M. 1993. UV-B Response of cucumber seedling grown under metal halid and high pressure sodium/deluxe lamps. Physiology of Plant 88: 350-358.
28. Lima, A. L. S., DaMatta, F. M., Pinheiro, H. A., Totola, M. R., and Loureiro, M. E. 2002. Photochemical responses and oxidative stress in two clones of Coffea canephora under water deficit conditions. Environmental Experimantal Botany 47: 239-247.
29. Makris, D. P., Kallithraka, S., and Kefalas, P. 2006. Flavonols in grapes, grape products and wines: Burden, profile and influential parameters. Journal of Food Composition and Analysis 19 (5): 396-404.
30. Mohamed, A. H. M., Harris, P. J., Henderson, C., and Senatore, F. 2002. Effect of Drought Stress on the Yield and Composition of Volatile Oils of Drought-Tolerant and Non-Drought-Tolerant Clones of Tagetes minuta. Planta Medica 68: 472-474.
31. Navarro, A. E., Portales, R. F., Sun-Kou, M. R., and Lianos, B. P. 2008. Effect of pH on phenol biosorption by marine seaweeds. Journal of Hazardous Materials 156 (1): 405-411.
32. Nedko, K., and Georgi, V. Georgiev. 1991. A Study of Different Irrigation Practices Used for Mentha piperita in Bulgaria. Journal of Essential Oil Research 3 (6): 435-440.
33. Omidbaigi, R., Hassani, A., and Sefidkon, F. 2003. Essential oil content and composition of sweet Basil (Ocimum basilicum) at different irrigation regimes. Journal of Essential Oil Bearing Plants 6: 104-108.
34. Palomino, O., Gomez-Serranillos, M., Slowing, K., Carretero, E., and Villar, A. 2000. Study of polyphenols in grape berries by reversed-phase high-performance liquid chromatography. Journal of Chromatography A. 87 (1): 449-451.
35. Pant, A. P., Radovich, T. J., Hue, N. V., Talcott, S. T., and Krenek, K. A. 2009. Vermicompost extracts influence growth, mineral nutrients, phytonutrients and antioxidant activity in pak choi (Brassica rapa cv. Bonsai, Chinensis group) grown under vermicompost and chemical fertiliser. Journal of the Science of Food and Agriculture 89 (14): 2383-2392.
36. Saeid Nejad, A. H., and Rezvani Moghaddam, P. 2010. Evaluate the effect of compost, vermicompost and manure on yield, yield components and the percentage of cumin. Journal of Horticultural Science 24 (2): 142-148. (in Persian with English abstract).
37. Sangtarash, M. H., Qaderi, M. M., Chinnappa, C. C., and Reid, D. M. 2009. Carotenoid differential sensitivity of canola (Brassica napus) seedlings to ultraviolet-B radiation, water stress and abscisic acid. Environmental and Experimental Botany 66: 212-219.
38. SAS Institute Inc. 2009. The SAS System for Windows, Release 9.0. Cary, NC, USA: Statistical Analysis Systems Institute.
39. Sheteawi, S. A., and Tawfik, K. M. 2007. Interaction effect of some biofertilizers and irrigation water regime on Mungbean (Vigna radiate) growth and yield. Applied Sciences Research 3 (3): 251-262.
40. Simon, J. E., Bubenheim, R. D., Joly, R. J., and Chares, D. J. 1992. Water stress induced alteration in essential oil content and composition of sweet basil. Journal of Essential Oil Research 4: 71-75.
41. Soland, S. F., and Laima, S. K. 1999. Phenolics and cold tolerance of Brassica napus. Plant Agriculture 1: 1-5.
42. Sreevalli, Y., Baskaran, K., Chandrashekara, R. S., and kulkarni, R. N. 2001. Preliminary observations on the effect of irrigation frequency and genotypes on yield and alkaloid concentration in petriwinkle. Journal of Medicinal and Aromatic plant Science 22: 356-358.
43. Sultana, N., Ikeda, T., and Itoh, R. 1999. Effect of Na Cl salinity on photosynthesis and dry matter accumulation in developing rice grains. Environmental and Experimental Botany 42 (3): 211-220.
44. Sun, X. P., Yan, H. L., Kang, X. Y., and Ma, F. W. 2013. Growth, gas exchange, and water-use efficiency response of two young apple cultivars to drought stress in two scion-one rootstock grafting system. Photosynthetica 51 (3): 404-410.
45. Velaiy, L., Noormohammadi, Gh., Hasanlu, T., Haj Sydhady, M. R., and Valaee, N. 2010. Effect of biological fertilizer vermicompost and fruitful phosphate on growth and yield of milkthistle. First National Conference on Electronic Agriculture and Sustainable Natural Resources, 21 December 2013, Tehran p. 1-5. (in Persian with English abstract).
46. Yousefzadeh, S., Modarres Sanavy, S. A. M., Govahi, M., and Khatamian Oskooie, O. S. 2015. Effect of Organic and Chemical Fertilizer on Soil Characteristics and Essential Oil Yield in Dragonhead, Journal of Plant Nutrition 38 (12): 1862-1876.
47. Zhao, X., Iwamoto, T., and Carey, E. E. 2007. Antioxidant capacity of leafy vegetables as affected by high tunnel environment, fertilisation and growth stage. Journal of the Science of Food and Agriculture 87 (14): 2692-2699.