1. Abbasifar, A. 2000. Evaluation of the adaptability and suitable planting date of selected garlic varites in Markazi province. Proceeding of the 2nd Iranian Horticultural Sciences Congress. Karaj, Iran. Pp. 161. (in Persian).
2. Amir-Ghasemi, T. 2002. Freezing in Plants (frost, prediction and protection). Nashre Ayandegan Publications. 123p. (in Persian).
3. Anderson, J. A., and Taliaferro, C. M. 1995. Laboratory freeze tolerance of field grown forage bermudagrass cultivars. Agronomy Journal 87: 1017-1020.
4. Azizi, H., Nezami, A., Nassiri, M., and Khazaie, H. R. 2007. Evaluation of cold tolerance in wheat (Triticum aestivum L.) cultivars under controlled conditions. Iranian Journal of Field Crops Research 5: 109-121. (in Persian with English abstract).
5. Azizi, H., Nezami, A., Nassiri, M., and Khazaie, H. R. 2008. Evaluation of cold tolerance in wheat (Triticum aestivum L.) cultivars under field conditions. Iranian Journal of Field Crops Research 6 (2): 343-352. (in Persian with English abstract).
6. Bayat, F., and Nosrati, A. E. 2001.The effect of harvesting time and drying in natural and artificial conditions on the storability of white garlic population of Hamadan. Iranian Journal of Medicinal and Aromatic Plants 25 (1): 49-63. (in Persian).
7. Borna, F., Omid Beygi, R., and Sefid Kon, F. 2007. Effects of different sowing dates on growth, yield of growth body and essence of medicine plant (Dracocephalum moldavica L.). Iranian Journal of Medicinal and Aromatic Plants 23 (3): 307-314. (in Persian).
8. Calcagno, F., and Gallo, G. 1993. Physiological and morphological basis of abiotic stress resistance in chickpea. In breeding for stress Tolerance in Cool- season food legumes (ed. K. B. Singh, R. S. Malhotra, and M.C. Saxena), pp. 293-309. John Wiley and Sons. West Sussex, UK.
9. Dexter, S. T. 1993. Effects of several environmental factors on hardening of plants. Plant Physiology 8:123-139.
10. FAO STAT. 2012. http://faostat.fao.org/site/340/default.aspx.
11. Fowler, D. B., Gusta, L. V., and Tyler, N. J. 1981. Selection for winter hardiness in wheat. III. Screening methods. Crop Science 21: 896-901.
12. Ganj-Khanlou, E., Moghaddam, M., mohammadi, A., Shakiba, M. R., Gasemi, K., and Uosefi, A. 2012. Assessment of barley genotypes for crown freezing tolerance and some physiological characters. Journal of Seed and Plant Breeding 28-1 (1): 85-100. (in Persian).
13. Gostin, J. N. 2009. Structural modification induce air pollution in Plantago lancoelata leaves. Tom. XVI/1. 1:61- 65.
14. Gusta, L.V., Fowler, D. B., and Tyler, N. J. 1982. Factors influencing hardening and survival in winter wheat. Li, P.H. and Sakai, A. (Ed.) In: Plant Cold Hardiness and Freezing Stress. Mechanisms and Crop Implications. Academic Press, London.
15. Hazrati, E. 2014. Evaluation of growth and physiological traits of clover (Trifolium spp L.) species affected by freezing stress under controlled conditions. MSc thesis, Ferdowsi University of Mashhad, Iran. (in Persian with English abstract).
16. Jalilian, A., Mzaheri, D., Tavakkol Afshari, R., Abdollahian-Noghabi, M., Rahimian, H., and Ahmadi, A. 2009. Effect of freezing damage at seedling stage in different sugar beet cultivars. Iranian Journal of Crop Science 10 (4): 400-415. (in Persian with English abstract).
17. Javad Mousavi, M., Nezami, S., Izadi, E., Nezami, A., Yousef Sani, M., and Keykha-Akhar, F. 2011. Evaluation of freezing tolerance of English daisy (Bellis perennis) under controlled conditions. Journal of Water and Soil 25 (2): 380-388. (in Persian with English abstract).
18. Kazemi, Sh., and Hazbavi, A. 2009. Cold stress in plants. Mandegar Publication. (in Persian).
19. Keykha-Akhar, F., Bagheri, A., Moshtaghi, N., and Nezami, A. 2011. The effect of gamma radiation on freezing tolerance of chickpea (Cicer aretinum L.) at in vitro culture. Journal of Biological Environmental Sciences 5 (14): 63-70.
20. Kilgori, M. J., Magaji, M. D., and Yakubu, A. I. 2007. Effect of plant spacing and date of planting on yield of two garlic (Allium sativum L.) cultivars in Sokoto, Nigeria. American-Eurasian Journal of Agriculture and Environmental Science 2 (2): 153-174.
21. Khorsandi, T., Nezami, A., Kafi, M., and Goldani, M. 2015. Effect of late spring cold on Black cumin (Nigella sativa L.) plant under controlled conditions. Iranian Journal of Field Crops Research 12 (4): 665-676. (in Persian).
22. Maleki-Farahani, S., and Chaichi, M. R. 2008. Evaluation of freezing stress effect on Black Chiclpea (Cicer arietinum L.) ecotypes (Desi type) in greenhouse conditions. Journal of Agronomy Sciences 1 (2): 27- 34. (in Persian with English abstract).
23. Mirmohamadi Meibodi, A., and Tarkeshe Esfahani, C. 2004. Aspects of Physiology and breeding for Cold and Freezing in Crops. Golbon Publication, Isfahan, Iran. 223 pp. (in Persian).
24. Moshtaghi, N., Bagheri, A. R., Nezami, A., and Moshtaghi, S. 2009. Investigation of betaine spray on freezing tolerance of chickpea (Cicer arietinum L.) in controlled conditions. Iranian Journal of Field Crops Research 7: 647-656. (in Persian with English abstract).
25. Nazari, M., Maali Amiri, R., Mehraban, F. H., and Khaneghah, H. Z. 2012. Change in antioxidant responses against oxidative damage in black chickpea following cold acclimation. Russian Journal of Plant Physiology 59 (2): 209-215.
26. Nezami, A., Bagheri, A., Rahimian, H., Kafi, M., and Nasiri Mahallati, M. 2007. Evaluation of freezing tolerance of chickpea (Cicer arietinum L.) genotypes under controlled conditions. Journal of Agricultural and Natural Research 10 (4) 257-269. (in Persian with English abstract).
27. Nezami, A., Borzooei, A., Jahani, M., Azizi, M., and JavadMosavi, M. 2009. Evaluation of freezing tolerance in rapeseed (Brassica napus L.) cultivars acclimated under controlled conditions. Iranian Journal of Field Crops Research 7 (2): 711-722. (in Persian with English abstract).
28. Peyvast, Gh. 2000. Special Olericulture. First Edition, Agriculture Sciences of press. 384 pp. (in Persian).
29. Qian, Y. L., Ball, S., Tan, Z., Koski, A. J., and Wilhelm, S. J. 2001. Freezing tolerance of six cultivars of Buffalograss. Crop Science 41: 1174-1178.
30. Rashedmohassel, M., Nezami, A., Bagheri, A., Hajmohammadnia, K., and Bannayan, M. 2009. Evaluation of freezing tolerance of two fennel (Foeniculum vulgar) ecotypes under controlled conditions. Journal of Herbs Spices and Medicinal Plants 15: 131-140.
31. Sato, T., and Miyata, G. 2000. The nutraceutical benefit, part iv: garlic. Nutrition 16: 787-780.
32. Shahab, M. A., Qian, Y. L., Hughes, H. G., and Koski, A. J. 2003. Cold hardiness of salt grass accessions. Crop Science 43: 2142-2147.
33. Siahmargooei, A., Azizi, G., Nezami, A., and Jahani-Kondori, M. 2011. Evaluation of freezing tolerance of growthed fennel ecotypes in field under controlled conditions. Journal of Horticulture Sciences 25 (1): 64-72. (in Persian).
34. Singh, K. B., Malhotra, R. S., and Saxena, M. C. 1989. Chickpea evaluation for cold tolerance under field conditions. Crop Science 29: 282-285.
35. Singh, K. B., Malhotra, R. S., Saxena, M. C., and Bejia, G. 1997. Superiority of winter sowing over traditional spring sowing of chickpea in the Mediterranean region. Agronomy Journal 89: 112-118.
36. Smallwood, M., and Bowles, D. 2002. Plants in a cold climate. Philos. Philosophical Transactions of Royal Society of London Series B. 367: 831-847.
37. Waner, L. A., and Junttila, O. 1999. Cold-induced freezing tolerance in Arabidopsis. Plant Physiology 120: 391-399.
38. Waterer, D. D. R. 2001.Garlic production on prairies. University of Saskatchewan. HortScience 32: 1102-1104.
39. Workmaster, B. A., and Palta, J. P. 2006. Shifts in bud and leaf hardiness during spring growth and development of the cranberry upright: regrowth potential as an indicator of hardiness. Journal of the American Society for Horticultural Science 131 (3): 327-337.
40. Xin, Z., and Browse, J. 2000. Cold comfort farm: The acclimation of plants to freezing temperature. Plant Cell Environmental 23: 893-902.
41. Zhang, Q., Fry, J., Rajashekar, C., Bremer, D., and Engelke, M. 2009. Membrane Polar Lipid Changes in Zoysiagrass Rhizomes and Their Potential Role in Freezing Tolerance. Journal of American Society for Horticulture Science 134 (3): 322-328.