1. Achakzai, A. K. K. 2007. Electronic forum on biotechnology in food and agriculture. www.fao.org/biotech/logs/C14/130307.htm.
2. Acosta, D., Shibata, K., Acosta –Gallegos, J., and Alberto, J. 1997. Yield and it’s components in bean under drought conditions. Agricultural Tecnica en Mexico 23: 139-150.
3. Armat, R. 1995. Evaluating the effects of black plastic mulch application in cowpea production on commercial and cultural features and its growth, yield, yield components and quality. Msc Thesis. Azad University of Karaj, Iran. (in Persian with English abstract).
4. Baghaii, N. 1998. Evaluating the effects of water deficit stress at different growth stages on yield and yield components of three pinto bean cultivars. Msc Thesis. Azad University of Karaj, Iran. (in Persian with English abstract).
5. Bayat, A. A., Sepehri, A., Ahmadvand, G., and Dorri, H. R. 2010. Effect of water deficit stress on yield and yield components pinto bean (Phaseolus vulgaris L.) genotypes. Iranian Journal of Crop Sciences 12: 42-54. (in Persian with English abstract).
6. Behboudian, M. H., Ma, Q., Turner, N. C., and Palta, J. A. 2001. Reactions of chickpea to water stress: yield and seed composition. Journal of the Science of Food and Agriculture 81: 1288-1291.
7. Boutraa, T., and Sanders, F. E. 2001. Influence of water stress on grain yield and vegetative growth of two cultivars of bean (Phaseolus vulgaris L.). Journal of Agronomy and Crop Science 187: 251-257.
8. Buttery, B. R., Tan, C. S., Buzzell, R. L., Gaynor, J. D., and Mactavish, D. C. 1993. Stomatal numbers of soybean and response to water stress. Plant and Soil 149: 283-288.
9. Emam, Y., Shekoofa, A., Salehi, F., and Jalali, A. H. 2010. Water stress effects on two common bean cultivars with contrasting growth habits. American-Eurasian Journal of Agricultural and Environmental Sciences 9: 495-499.
10. Firak, N. N., Bangal, G. B., and Gutal, G. B. 1991. Soil moisture conservation efficiency of mulches in tomato. Maharashtra Journal of Horticulture 5: 83-87.
11. German, C. 2004. Utilization and determination of water use efficiency (WUE) in the selection of drought tolerant common bean (Phaseolus vulgaris L.) cultivars. Plant Science Seminar. University Idaho.
12. Ghassemi, F., Jakeman, A. J., and Nix, M. A. 1995. Salinization of land and water resources. University of New South Wales Press LTD Sydney, 526 pp.
13. Hafiz, F. Y., Shah, N. H., and Malik, K. A. 2000. Field evaluation of lentil cultivars inoculated with Rhizobium leguminosarum bv. viciae strains for nitrogen fixation using nitrogen –15-isotope dilution. Biology and Fertility of Soils 31: 65-69.
14. Jafarzadeh, A. A., Neyshabouri, M. R., and Oustan, S. 1998. Final report of research project of study the 26 hectares of fields and soils of Karaj Research Station. University of Tabriz. (in Persian with English abstract).
15. Jalini, M. 2011. Evaluating the effects of different levels of water and plastic mulch on yield and water use efficiency of tomato in surface and sub-surface drop irrigation method. Journal of Water and Soil 25 (5): 1025-1032. (in Persian with English abstract).
16. Kar, G., and Kumar, A. 2007. Effects of irrigation and straw mulch on water use and tuber yield of potato in Eastern India. Agricultural Water Management 94: 109-116.
17. Kirda, P., Moutonnet, C., Hera, K., and Nielsen, D. R. 1989. Crop yield response to deficit irrigation. Kluwer Academic Publishers, Dordrecht, Boston, London. pp. 21-38.
18. Korir, N. K., Aguyohj, N., and Gaoqiong, L. 2006. Enhanced growth and yield of greenhouse produced cucumber under high altitude areas of Kenya. Agricultura Tropica ET Subtropica 39: 321-327.
19. Liu, H. J., Kang, Y. H., and Liu, S. P. 2003. Regulation of field environmental condition by sprinkler irrigation and its effect on water use efficiency of winter wheat. Transactions of CSAE. 19: 46-51.
20. Machado Neto, N. B., and Durães, M. A. B. 2006. Physiological and biochemical response of common bean varieties treated with salicylic acid under water stress. Crop Breeding and Applied Biotechnology 6: 269-277.
21. Maroco, J. P., Pereira, J. S., and Chaves, M. M. 2000. Growth, photosynthesis and water-use efficiency of two C4 sahelian grasses subjected to water deficits. Journal of Arid Environments 45: 119-137.
22. Martinez, J. P., Silva, H., Ledent, J. F., and Pinto, M. 2007. Effect of drought stress on the osmotic adjustment, cell wall elasticity and cell volume of six cultivars of common beans (Phaseolus vulgaris L.). European Journal of Agronomy 26: 30-38.
23. Misirli, A., Topuz, F., and Zeybekoglu, N. 1998. Research on variation of female and male figs in terms of leaf properties and stomatal distribution. Horticultural Science 480: 129-132.
24. Moradi, A. 2005. Physiological response of mung bean to high and moderate drought stress at different growth stages. Msc. Thesis. University of Tehran, Iran. (in Persian with English abstract).
25. Parsa, M., and Bagheri, A. 2008. Pulses. Jihad Daneshghahi Mashhad Press. (in Persian).
26. Pirboneh, H., Ghasemi, M., Abdzad Gohari, A., Bahari, B., and Babaei Bazkiyaei, Z. 2012. Effect of irrigation and straw mulch on yield and yield components of eggplant (Solanum melongena L.). International Journal of Basic and Applied Sciences 3: 46-51.
27. Sing, S. H. 2007. Drought resistance in the Race Durango dry bean landrace and cultivars. Agronomy Journal 99: 1919-1225.
28. Singh, B. D. 2000. Plant Breeding: Principles and methods. Kalyani Publishers. pp. 869.
29. Szilagyi, L. 2003. Influence of drought on seed yield components in common bean. Bulgarian Journal of Plant Physiology 8: 320-330.
30. Teran, H., and Singh, S. P. 2002. Comparison of source and lines selected for drought resistance in common bean (Phaseolus vulgaris L.). Crop Science 42: 64-70.
31. Wakrim, R., Wahbi, S., Tahi, H., Agachich, B., and Serrah, R. 2005. Comparative effects of partial root drying and regulated deficit irrigation on water relations and water use efficiency in common bean (Phaseolus vulgaris L.). Agriculture, Ecosystems and Environment 106: 275-287.
32. Westerman, D. T., and Crothers, S. E. 1977. Plant population effects on the seed yield components of beans. Crop Science 17: 493-496.
33. Yang, H. M., and Wang, G. X. 2001. Leaf stomatal densities and distribution in Triticum aestivum under drought and CO2 enrichment. Acta Phytoecologica Sinica 25: 312-316.
34. Zhang, S. L., Lövdahl, L., Grip, H., Tong, Y. A., Yang, X. Y., and Wang, Q. J. 2009. Effects of mulching and catch cropping on soil temperature, soil moisture and wheat yield on the Loess Plateau of China. Soil Tillage Research 102: 78-86.
35. Zhu, J. K. 2002. Salt and drought stress signal transduction in plants. Annual Review of Plant Biology 53: 247-316.