1. Anderson, P. M., Oelke, E. A., and Simmons, S. R. 2002. Growth and development guide for spring barley. University of Minnesota, Agricultural Extension, AG-FO2548.
2. Brewster, J. L. 1990. Physiology of crop growth and bulbing. In: J. L. Brewster and H. D. Rabinowitch(Eds.). Onions and Allid Crops. Volume 1. Botany, Physiology and Genetic. CRC, Press. Boca Raton. Pp. 53-58.
3. Brewster, J. L., and Suterland, R. A. 1993. The rapid determination in controlled environments of parameters for predicting seedling growth rate in natural conditions. Annals of Applied Biology 122: 123-133.
4. Change, H. S., Yamato, O., Yamasaki, M., Ko, M., and Maede, Y. 2005. Growth inhibitory effect of alk(en)yl thiosulfates deriveds from onion and garlic in human immortalized and tumor cell lines. Cancer Lettrers 233 (1): 47-55.
5. Devaraju, P. J., Nagamani, S., Veere Gowda, R., Yogeesha, H. S., Gowda, R., Nagaraju, K. S., Shashidhara. 2011. Effect of Chemo Priming on Plant Growth and Bulb Yield in Onion. International Journal of Agriculture, Environment and Biotechnology 4 (2): 121-123.
6. Dorna, H., Jarosz, M., Szopinska, D., Szulc, I., and Rosinska, A. 2013. Germanation, vlgour and health of primed Allium cepa L. seeds after storage. Acta Scientiarum Polonorum Hortorum Cultus 12 (4): 43-58.
7. Faten, S. A., Shaheen, A. M., Ahmed, A. A., and Mahmoud, A. R. 2010. Effect of foliar application of amino acids as antioxidants on growth, yield and characteristics of Squash. Research Journal of Agriculture and Biological Science 6 (5): 583-588.
8. Gamiel, S., Smittle, D. A., and Mills, H. A. 1990. Onion seed size, weight, and elemental content affect germination and bulb yield. Horticultural Science 25 (5): 522-523.
9. Hampton, J. G. 1981. The extent and significant of seed size variation in Newsland wheats. New Zealand Journal of Experimental Agriculture 9: 179-183.
10. Iortsuun, D. N., and Khan, A. A. 1989. The pattern of dry mutter distribution during development in onion. Journal of Agronomy and Crop Science 162: 127-134.
11. Izadkhah, M., Tajbakhsh, M., Zardoshty, M. R., and Hasanzadeh Goratteph, A. 2010. Evaluation effects of different planting systems on water use efficiency, relative water content and some plant growth parameters in onion (Allium cepa L.). Notulae Scientia Biologicae 2 (1): 88-93.
12. Izadkhah, M., Tajbakhsh, M., and Moosavezade, S. A. 2011. Study effect of age and different size of transplanting on yield, yield copmponents and some characteristics storage on onion (Allium cepa L.). Iranian Journal Horticultural Science Technology 12 (1): 1-14. (in Persian with English abstract).
13. Jonesa, D., Shannon, D., Junvee, F., Thippaya, F., and John, F. 2005. Plant capture of free amino acids is maximized under high soil amino acid concentrations. Soil Biology & Biochemistry 37: 179-181.
14. Kahane, R., Vaillle, E., Boukema, I., Tzanoudakis, D., Bellamy, C., Hamaux, C., and Kik, C. 2001. Changes in nonstructural carbohydrate composition during bulbing in sweet and high-solid onions in field experiments. Environmental and Experimental Botany 45 (1): 73-83.
15. Karemi, M., and Azeze, M. 1994. Crop growth analysis (Translat). Mashhad Jahad university publication. pp. 111. (in Persian).
16. Kaur, S., Gupta, A. K., and Kaur, N. 2005. Seed priming increases crop yield possibly by modulating enzymes of sucrose metabolism in chickpea. Journal of Agronomy and Crop Science 191: 81-87.
17. Kibite, S., and Harker, K. N. 1991. Effects of seed hydration on agronomic performance of wheat, barley and oats in central Alberta. Canadian Journal Plant Science 71: 515-518.
18. Koocheki, A., and Nassiri mahalati, M. 1994. Crop ecology. Jahad Daneshgahi of Mashhad publication. pp. 291. (in Persian).
19. Koocheki, A., Sarmadnia, K. H. 2006. Crop Physiology (Translat). Jahad Daneshgahi of Mashhad publication. pp. 400. (in Persian).
20. Lafond, G. P., and Baker, R. G. 1986. Effects of temperature moisture stress, and seed size on germination of nine spring wheats. Crop Science 26: 563-56.
21. Lee, S. S., and Kim, J. H. 2000. Total sugars-amylase activity and germination after priming of normal and aged rice seeds. Crop Science 45: 108-111.
22. Martinz, M. C., Corzo, N., and Villiamiel, M. 2007. Biological properties of onion and garlic. Trends in Food Science Technology 18 (12): 609-625.
23. McDonald, M. B. 2000. Seed priming: In Seed Science and Technology. Sheffield Academic Press. Pp: 468.
24. Mettanada, K. A., and Fordham, R. 1999. The effects of plant size and leaf number on the bulbing of tropical short - day onion cultivars (Allum cepa L.) under controlled environments in the United Kingdom and tropical field conditions in Srilanka. Journal of Horticultural Science Biotechnology 74 (5): 623-633.
25. Nasreen, S., Imamul Haq, S. M., and Altab Hossain, M. 2003. Sulphur effects on growth responses and yield of onion. Asian Journal of Plant Sciences 897-902.
26. Peterson, C. M., Klepper, B., and Rickman, R. W. 1989. Seed reserves and seedling development in winter wheat. Journal of Agronomy 81: 245-251.
27. Rahman, M. S., Khan, M., Rahman, M., and Ashrafuzzaman, M. 1999. Mulching effect on growth attributes in onion. Pakistan Journal of Biological Sciences 2 (3): 619-622.
28. Rastegar, J., and Khodadadi, M. 2008. Investigation on Growth Pattern and Yield of some Iranian Onion Cultivars and Landraces Based on the Physiological Indices. Seed and Plant Improvment Journal 3 (24): 659-675. (in Persian with English abstract).
29. Rebetzke, G. J., Botwright, T. L., Moore, C. S., Richards, R. A., and Condon, A. G. 2004. Genotypic variation in specific leaf area for genetic improvement of early vigour in wheat. Field Crops Research 88: 179-189.
30. Richards, R. A., and Lukacs, Z. 2002. Seedling vigour in wheat: Sources of variation for genetic and agronomic improvement. Australian Journal Agricultural Research Science 53: 41-50.
31. Selvarani, K., and Umarani, R. 2011. Evaluation of seed priming methods to improve seed vigour of onion (Allium cepa L.) cv. aggregatum and carrot (Daucus carota). Journal of Agricultural Technology 7 (3): 857-867.
32. Singh, K. P. 2000. Response of graded level of nitrogen in tuberose cultivar Single. Advanced Plant Sciences 13 (1): 283-285.
33. Tabatabaei, S. J. 2009. Principles of mineral nutrition of plants.Tabriz Karazme Press. pp. 389. (in Persian).
34. Tajbakhsh, M., and Ghiyas, M. 2008. Seed ecology. Jahad Daneshgahi of Urmia publication. pp. 389. (in Persian).
35. Taylor, N., Day, D. A., and Millar, A. H. 2004. Targets of stress induced oxidative damage in plant mitochondria and their impact on cell carbon /nitrogen metabolism. Journal of Experimental Botany 55: 1-10.
36. Tei, F., Scaife, A., and Aikman, D. P. 1996. Growth of lettuce, onion and red beet. 1. Growth analysis, light interception and radiation use efficiency. Annals of Botany 78: 633-644.
37. Tekalign, T., and Hammes, P. S. 2005. Growth and productivity of potato as influenced by cultivar and reproductive growth. II. Growth analysis, tuber yield and quality. Scientia Hotriculturae 105: 29-44.
38. Umair, A., Ali, S., Bashir, K., and Hussain, S. 2010. Evaluation of different seed priming techniques in mungbean. Soil & Environment 29: 181-186.
39. Wallsgrove, R. M. 1995. Amino acids and their derivatives in higher plants. Cambridge University Press. 294 pp.
40. Yarnia, M., Farajzadeh, E., and Tabrizi, M. 2012. Effect of seed priming with different concentration of GA3, IAA and Kinetin on Azarshahr Onion Germination and Seedling Growth. Journal of Basic and Applied Scientific Research 2 (3): 2657-2661.
41. Zaiter, H. Z., and Barakat, S. G. 1995. Flower and pod abortion in chickpea as affected by sowing date and cultivar. Canadian Journal of Plant Science 75: 321-327.