1. Ahmad, P., and Sharma, S. 2010. Physio-biochemical attributes in two cultivars of mulberry (Morus alba L.) under NaHCO3 stress. International Journal Plant Production 4: 1735-1743.
2. Arnon, D. I. 1949. Copper enzymes in isolated chloroplasts. Polyphennoloxidase in Beta vulgaris. Plant Physiology 4: 1-150.
3. Ayumi, T., Masumi, H., and Ryoichi, T. 2004. Chlorophyll metabolism and plant growth. Kagaku Seibutsu 42: 93-98.
4. Basra, S. M. A., Afzal, I., Anwar, S., Anwar-ul-haq, M., Shafq, M., and Majeed, K. 2006. Alleviation of salinity stress by seed invigoration techniques in wheat (Triticum aestivum L.). Seed Technology 28: 36-46.
5. Bavaresco, L., Giachino, E., and Colla, R. 1999. Iron chlorosis paradox in grapevine. Journal of Plant Nutrition 22: 1589-1597.
6. Bie, Z., Tadashi, I., and Shinohara, Y. 2004. Effects of sodium sulfate and sodium bicarbonate on the growth, gas exchange and mineral composition of Lettuce. Scientia Horticulturae 99: 215-224.
7. Bose, B., and Mishra, T. 1992. Response of wheat seed to pre-sowing seed treatments with Mg (NO3). Annals of Agricultural Research 13: 132-136.
8. Carceller, M. S., and Soriano, A. 1972. Effect of treatments given to grain, on the growth of wheat roots under drought conditions. Canadian journal of Botany 50: 105-108.
9. Cornic, G. 1994. Drought stress and high light effects on leaf photosynthesis. p. 297-313. In: N.R. Baker and J. Bowyer (ed.) Photoinhibition of photosynthesis. Oxford, Bios Scientific Publishers.
10. De la Guardia, M. D., and Alcantara, E. 2002. Bicarbonate and low iron level increase root to total plant weight ratio in olive and peach rootstock. Journal of Plant Nutrition 25: 1021-1032.
11. Demir, I., and Oztokat, C. 2003. Effect of salt priming on germination and seedling growth at low temperatures in water melon seeds during development. Seed Science and Technology 31: 765-770.
12. F.A.O. 2012. Available (online: http// www.FAO.org).
13. Farooq, M., Basra, S. M. A., Rehman, H., Hussain, M., and Amanat, Y. 2007. Pre-sowing salicylicate seed treatments improve the germination and early seedling growth in fine rice. Pakistan Journal Agriculture Science 44: 1-8.
14. Goswami, A., Banerjee, R., and Raha, S. 2013. Drought resistance in rice seedlings conferred by seed priming. Protoplasma 250: 1115-1129.
15. Guo, R., Shi, L., and Yang, Y. 2009. Germination, growth, osmotic adjustment and ionic balance of wheat in response to saline and alkaline stresses. Soil Science and Plant Nutrition 55: 667-679.
16. Guo, R., Zhou, J., Hao, W., Gong, D., Zhong, X., Gu, F., Liu, Q., Xia, X., Tian, J., and Li, H. 2011. Germination, growth, photosynthesis and ionic balance in Setaria viridis seedlings subjected to saline and alkaline stress. Canadian Journal Plant Science 91: 1077-1088.
17. Hogland, D. R., and Armon, D. I. 1950. The water culture method for growing plants without soil. Circular 347.
18. Iqbal, M., and Ashraf, A. M. 2007. Seed preconditioning modulates growth, ionic relations, and photosynthetic capacity in adult plants of hexaploid wheat under salt stress, Journal of Plant Nutrition 30: 381-396.
19. Karaaslan, D., Boydak, E., Gercek, S., and Simsek, M. 2007. Influence of irrigation intervals and rowspacing on some yield components of sesame grown in Harran region. Asian Journal of Plant Sciences 6: 623-627.
20. Kathiresan, K., Kalyani, V., and Gnanarethium, J. L. 1984. Effect of seed treatments on field emergence, early growth and some physiological processes of sunflower (Helianthus annus L.). Field Crops Research 9: 255-259.
21. Ksouri, R., M’rah, S., Gharsalli, M., and Lachaâl, M. 2006. Biochemical responses to true and bicarbonate-induced iron deficiency in grapevine genotypes. Journal of Plant Nutrition 29: 305-315.
22. Liu, J., Guo, W. Q., and Shi, D. C. 2010. Seed germination, seedling survival, and physiological response of sunflowers under saline and alkaline conditions. Photosynthetica 48 (2): 278-286.
23. Lu, S., Zhang, S., Xu, X., Korpelainen, H., and Li, C. 2009. Effect of increased alkalinity on Na+ and K+contents, lipid peroxidtion and antioxidative enzymes in two populations of Papulus cathatana. Biologia Planta 53: 597-600.
24. Maurmical, G., and Cavallaro, V. 1996. Effect of seed osmopriming on germination of three herbage grasses at low temperatures. Seed Science and Technology 24: 331-335.
25. Munns, R., and Tester, M. 2008. Mechanisms of salinity tolerance. Annual Review of Plant Biology 59: 651-681.
26. Murungu, F. S., Nyamugafata, P., Chiduza, C., Clark, L. J., and Whalley, W. R. 2003. Effects of seed priming, aggregate size and soil matric potential on emergence of cotton (Gossypium hirsutum L.) and maize (Zea mays L.). Soil and Tillage Research 74: 161-168.
27. Nikolic, M., and Kastori, R. 2000. Effect of bicarbonate and Fe supply on Fe nutrition of grapevine. Journal of Plant Nutrition 23: 1619-1627.
28. Parida, A. K., and Das, A. B. 2005. Salt tolerance and salinity effects on plants: Ecotoxicology and Environmental Safety 60: 324-349
29. Ritchie, S. W., Nguyen, H. T., and Haloday, A. S. 1990. Leaf water content and gas exchange parameters of two wheat genotypes differing in drought resistance. Crop Science 30: 105-111.
30. Shi, D., and Sheng, Y. 2005. Effect of various salt–alkaline mixed stress conditions on sunflower seedlings and analysis of their stress factors. Environmental and Experimental Botany 54: 8-21.
31. Shi, D. C., and Zhao, K. F. 1997. Effects of NaCl and Na2CO3 on growth of Puccinellia tenuiflora and on present state of mineral elements in nutrient solution. Acta Pratacu 6: 51-61.
32. Sivritepe, N., Sivritepe, H. O., and Eris, A. 2003. The Effects of NaCl priming on salt tolerance in melon seedlings grown under saline conditions. Horticultural Sciences 97: 229-237.
33. Valdez-Aguilar, L. A., and Reed, D. W. 2008. Influence of potassium substitution by rubidium and sodium on growth, ion accumulation, and ion partitioning in bean under high alkalinity. Journal of Plant Nutrition 31: 867-883.
34. Vikas Yadav, P. 2009. Halopriming imparts tolerance to salt and PEG induced drought stress in sugarcane. Agriculture, Ecosystems and Environment 134 (1-2): 24-28.
35. Yang, C., Chong, J., Kim, C., Li, C., Shi, D., and Wang, D. 2007. Osmotic adjustment and ion balance traits of an alkaline resistant halophyte Kochia sieversiana during adaptation to saline and alkaline conditions. Plant Soil 294: 263-276.
36. Yang, C., Xu, H. H., Wang, L., Liu, J., Shi, D. C., and Wang, D. 2009. Comparative effects of salt-stress and alkaline-stress on the growth, photosynthesis, solute accumulation, and ion balance of barley plants. Photosynthetica 47: 79-86.
37. Yang, C. W., Wang, P., Li, C. Y., Shi, C., and Wang, D. L. 2008. Comparison of effects of salt and alkali stresses on the growth and photosynthesis of wheat. Photosynthetica 46: 107-114.
38. Yang, J. Y., Zheng, W., Tian, Y., Wu, Y., and Zhou, D. W. 2011. Effects of various mixed salt-alkaline stresses on growth, photosynthesis, and photosynthetic pigment concentrations of Medicago ruthenica seedlings. Photosynthetica 49: 275-284.
39. Zhang, J. T., and Chun-Sheng, M. U. 2009. Effects of saline and alkaline stresses on the germination, growth, photosynthesis, ionic balance and anti-oxidant system in an alkali-tolerant leguminous forage Lathyrus quinquenervius. Soil Science and Plant Nutrition 55: 685-697.