1. Ahmad, P., and Sharma, S. 2010. Physio-biochemical attributes in two cultivars of mulberry (Morus alba L.) under NaHCO3 Stress. International Journal of plant Production 4(2): 1735-6814.
2. Arnon, D. I. 1949. Copper enzymes in isolated chloroplasts. Polyphennoloxidase in Beta vulgaris. Plant Physiology 4: 1-150.
3. Baghre, V., and Roosta, H. R. 2012. Effect of different concentrations of sodium bicarbonate (alkalinity stress) on some varieties of cabbage in a hydroponic system. Environmental stresses Journal of Crop Science 5: 67-70. (In Persian without English Abstract)
4. Bates, L.S., Waldren, R.P. and Teare, F.D. 1973. Rapid determination of free proline from water stress studies. Plant and Soil 39:205-207.
5. Bavaresco, L., Giachino, E. and Colla, R. 1999. Iron chlorosis paradox in grapevine. Journal of Plant Nutrition 22: 1589-1597.
6. Campbell, S. A. and Nishio, J. N. 2000. Iron deficiency studies of sugar beet using an improved sodium bicarbonate-buffered hydroponic growth system. Journal of Plant Nutrition 23: 741-757.
7. De Vos, C., Schat, H., De Waal, M., Vooijs, R. and Ernst, W. 1991. Increased to copper-induced damage of the root plasma membrane in copper tolerant silene cucubalus. Plant Physiology 82: 523-528.
8. Dubois, M., Gilles, K. A., Hamilton, J. K., Reber, P. A. and Smith, F. 1956. Colorimetric method for determination of sugars and related substances. Annual Chemistry 28: 350–356.
9. Guo, R., Zhou, J., Hao, W., Gong, D., Zhong, X., Gu, F., Liu, Q., Xia, X., Tian, J. and Li, H. 2011. Germination, growth, photosynthesis and ionic balance in Setaria viridis seedlings subjected to saline and alkaline stress. Canadian Journal Plant Science 91: 1077-1088.
10. Khajeh puor, M. R. 2004. Industrial plants, Isfahan University Press
11. Li, R.L., Shi, F.C., Fukuda, K. and Yang, Y. L. 2010. Effects of salt and alkali stresses on germination, growth, photosynthesis and ion accumulation in alfalfa (Medicago sativa L.). Soil Science and Plant Nutrition 56: 725–7336.
12. Liu, J., Guo, W.Q. and Shi, D.C. 2010. Seed germination, seedling survival, and physiological response of sunflowers under saline and alkaline conditions. Photosynthetica 48(2): 278-286.
13. Munns, R. and Tester, M. 2008. Mechanisms of salinity tolerance. Annual Review of Plant Biology 59: 651–681
14. Nikolic, M. and Kastori, R. 2000. Effect of bicarbonate and Fe supply on Fe nutrition of grapevine. Journal of Plant Nutrition 23: 1619-1627.
15. Pearce, R.C., Li, Y. and Bush, L.P. 1999. Calcium and bicarbonate effects on the growth and nutrient uptake of burley tobacco seedlings: float system. Journal of Plant Nutrition 22: 1079-1090.
16. Rao, P.S., Mishra, B., Gupta, S.R. and Rathore, A. 2008. Reproductive stage tolerance to salinity and alkalinity stresses in rice genotypes. Plant Breeding 127: 256–261.
17. Ritchie, S.W., Nguyen, H.T. and Haloday, A.S. 1990. Leaf water content and gas exchange parameters of two wheat genotypes differing in drought resistance. Crop Science 30: 105-111.
18. Schreiber, U., Bauer, R. and Frank, U.F. 1971. p. 169-179. In: G. Forti, M. Avron and A. Melandri (ed.), Proceedings of the 2nd International Congress on Photosynthesis. Junk, The Hague,
19. Shi, D.C. and Zhao, K.F. 1997. Effects of NaCl and Na2CO3 on growth of Puccinellia tenuiflora and on present state of mineral elements in nutrient solution. Acta pratacu 6: 51-61.
20. Shi, D.C. and Wang, D. 2005. Effects of various salt-alkali mixed stresses on Aneurolepidium chinense (Trin.) Kitag. Plant and Soil 271: 15–26.
21. Valdez Aguilar, L.A. 2004. Effect of alkalinity in irrigation water on selected greenhouse crops. Ph.D. thesis. Texas A&M University.
22. Valdez Aguilar, L. A. and Reed, D.W. 2007. Response of selected greenhouse ornamental plants to alkalinity in irrigation water. Journal of Plant Nutrition 30: 441–452.
23. Valdez Aguilar, L. A. and Reed, D.W. 2008. Influence of potassium substitution by rubidium and sodium on growth, ion accumulation, and ion partitioning in bean under high alkalinity. Journal of Plant Nutrition 31: 867–883
24. Waling, I., Van Vark, W., Houba, V. J. G. and Der lee, J. J. 1989. Soil and plant analysis. A series of sillabi. Part 7. Plant analysis procedures. Wageningen Agricultural University.
25. Weber, H., Chetelat, A., Reymond, P. and Farmer, E.E. 2004. Selective and powerful stress gene expression in Arabidopsis in response to malondialdehyde. Plant Journal 37: 877-888.
26. Yang, C., Chong, J., Kim, C., Li C., Shi, D. and Wang, D. 2007. Osmotic adjustment and ion balance traits of an alkaline resistant halophyte Kochia sieversiana during adaptation to saline and alkaline conditions. Plant Soil 294: 263-276.
27. Yang, C.W., Wang, P., Li C.Y., Shi, D. C. and Wang, D. L. 2008a. Comparison of effects of salt and alkali stresses on the growth and photosynthesis of wheat. Photosynthetica 46(1): 107-114
28. Yang, C.W., Shi, D.C. and Wang, D.L. 2008b. Comparative effects of salt and alkali stresses on growth, osmotic adjustment and ionic balance of an alkali-resistant halophyte Suaeda glauca (Bge.). Plant Growth Regulation 56:179-190.
29. Yang, C., Xu, H., Wang, L., Liu, J., Shi, D. and Wang, D. 2009a: Comparative effects of salt-stress and alkali-stress on the growth, photosynthesis, solute accumulation, and ion balance of barley plants. Photosynthetica 47: 79–86-
30. Yang, C.W., Zhang, M. L., Liu, J., Shi, D. C. and Wang, D. L. 2009b. Effects of buffer capacity on wth,photosynthesis, and solute accumulation of a glycophyte (wheat) and a halophyte (Chloris virgata). Photosynthetica 47: 55-60.
31. Yang, J.Y., Zheng, W., Tian, Y., Wu, Y. and Zhou, D.W. 2011. Effects of various mixed salt-alkaline stresses on growth, photosynthesis, and photosynthetic pigment concentrations of Medicago ruthenica seedlings. Photosynthetica 49: 275-284.
32. Zhang, J. T., and Chun-Sheng, M. U. 2009. Effects of saline and alkaline stresses on the germination, growth, photosynthesis, ionic balance and anti-oxidant system in an alkali-tolerant leguminous forage Lathyrus quinquenervius. Soil Science and Plant Nutrition 55: 685–697.