1. Abaye, A. 1998. Effect of method and time of potassium application on cotton lint yield. Better Crops 82:25-27.
2. Abood, M. A., Ahmed, O. A. and Mehdi, A. S. 2014. Effect of potassium fertilizer, deficit irrigation and organic matter on cotton tolerance to drought. Diyala Agricultural Sciences Journal 6:202-214.
3. Adeli, A. and Varco, J. 2002. Potassium management effects on Cotton yield, nutrition, and soil potassium level. Journal of plant nutrition 25:2229-2242.
4. Akhtar, M. E., Sardar, A., Ashraf, M., Akhtar, M. and Khan, M. Z. 2003. Effect of potash application on seed cotton yield and yield components of selected cotton varieties-I. Asian Journal of Plant Science 2:602-604.
5. Aladakatti, Y., Hallikeri, S., Nandagavi, R., Naveen, N., Hugar, A. and Blaise, D. 2011. Yield and fiber qualities of hybrid cotton (Gossypium hirsutum) as influenced by soil and foliar application of potassium. Karnataka Journal of Agricultural Sciences 24:133-136.
6. Aneela, S., Muhammad, A. and Akhtar, M. 2003. Effect of potash on boll characteristics and seed cotton yield in newly developed highly resistant cotton varieties. Pakistan Journal of Biological Sciences 6: 813-815.
7. Arshad, M., Basra, S., Rajpar, I., Shah, A. and Galani, S. 2014. Response of potassium-use-efficient cotton genotypes to soil applied potassium. International Journal of Agriculture and Biology 16: 771-776.
8. Ashraf, M. 2002. Salt tolerance of cotton: some new advances. Critical Reviews in Plant Sciences, 21:1-30.
9. Chen, Y., Wen, Y., Wang, J., Zhang, X., and Chen, D. 2014. Cotton potassium uptake and use efficiency vary with potassium application rates and soil potassium nutrition levels. Journal of Food, Agriculture & Environment 12: 221-227.
10. Dev, R., Promila, K., Bhattoo, M. S. and Duhan, B.S. 2009. Effect of potassium application on yield, potassium uptake and fibre quality of cotton (Gossypium hirsutum L.). Journal of Cotton Research and Development 23: 247-250.
11. Dewdar, M. and Rady, M. 2013. Influence of soil and foliar applications of potassium fertilization on growth, yield and fiber quality traits in two Gossypium barbadense L. varieties. African Journal of Agricultural Research 8: 2211-2215.
12. Dong, H., Li, W., Tang, W. and Zhang, D. 2009. Early plastic mulching increases stand establishment and lint yield of cotton in saline fields. Field Crops Research 111: 269-275.
13. Feng, Z., Liu, A., Yi, J., Li, R., Wang, X. and Zou, Q. 2013. Effects of amount of applying potassium fertilizer on yield, fiber quality and potassium fertilizer application efficiency of three hybrid cotton cultivars. Journal of Hunan Agricultural University 39: 343-347.
14. Gormus, O. 2002. Effects of rate and time of potassium application on cotton yield and quality in Turkey. Journal of agronomy and crop science 188: 382-388.
15. Gormus, O. and Yucel, C. 2002. Different planting date and potassium fertility effects on cotton yield and fiber properties in the Cukurova region, Turkey. Field Crops Research 78: 141-149.
16. Grewal, K.S. and Duhan, B.S. 2012. Effect of phosphorus and potassium application on yield, quality and potassium uptake by cotton in a sandy loam soil. Haryana Journal of Agronomy 28:25-27.
17. Hajinezhad, H. and Armin, M. 2017. Yield and yield components response of cotton to Potash source and Zinc amount application under saline condition. Journal of Plant Ecophysiology 27: In press.(In Persian with English Abstract).
18. Hezhong, D. 2012. Technology and field management for controlling soil salinity effects on cotton. Australian Journal of Crop Science 6: 333-341.
19. Hussein, M., Youssef, R. and Nesreen, H. 2014. Influences of potassium foliar fertilization and irrigation by diluted seawater on growth and some chemical constituents of Cotton. International Journal of Science and Research 3: 3127-3134.
20. Jagdish, K., Yadav, M. P., Kushwaha, S. P. and Nand, K. 2010. Effect of different spacing and potassium levels on yield attributes, yield and economics of hirsutum cotton. Journal of Cotton Research and Development 24: 208-209.
21. Jiang, C.-c., Xia, Y., Chen, F., Lu, J.-w. and Wang, Y. H. 2011. Plant growth, yield components, economic responses, and soil indigenous K uptake of two cotton genotypes with different K-efficiencies. Agricultural Sciences in China 10: 705-713.
22. Kafi, M., Salehi, M. and Eshgheizade, H.R., 2012. Biosaline Agriculture Plant, Water and Soil Management Approaches. Ferdowsi University of Mashhad.
23. Li, Z., Chen, E., Zhang, M., Zhao, Q., Xu, X., Ji, H., Song, X. and Sun, X. 2012. Effect of potassium application methods on antioxidant enzyme activities, yield, and potassium use efficiency of cotton. Acta Agronomica Sinica 38:487-494.
24. Oosterhuis, D.M. 2002. Potassium management of cotton. pp 331-346 in N. S. Pasricha and S. K. Bansal. eds Potassium for Sustainable Crop Production. Potash Research Institute India. Gurugram, Haryana, India.
25. Panayotova, G. and Valkova, N. 2010. Potassium fertilization on cotton. Agricultural Science and Technology 2: 78-83.
26. Pervez, H., Ashraf, M. and Makhdum, M.I. 2004. Influence of Potassium nutrition on gas exchange characteristics and water relations in cotton (Gossypium hirsutum L.). Photosynthetica 42: 251-255.
27. Pervez, H., Ashraf, M. and Makhdum, M.I. 2005. Effects of potassium rates and sources on fiber quality parameters in four cultivars of cotton grown in aridisols. Journal of Plant Nutrition 27: 2235-2257.
28. Pettigrew, W. 2003. Relationships between insufficient potassium and crop maturity in cotton. Agronomy Journal 95:1323-1329.
29. Pettigrew, W.T. 2008. Potassium influences on yield and quality production for maize, wheat, soybean and cotton. Physiologia plantarum 133: 670-681.
30. Saadat, S., Dehghany, F., and Rezaei, H. 2015. Effect of saline water and nitrogen application management at different growth stages on wheat yield. Journal of Water Research in Agricultural 28:263-272. (In Persian with English Abstract).
31. Sawan, Z. M., Fahmy, A. H. and Yousef, S. E. 2009. Direct and residual effects of nitrogen fertilization, foliar application of potassium and plant growth retardant on Egyptian cotton growth, seed yield, seed viability and seedling vigor. Acta Ecologica Sinica 29: 116-123.
32. Sawan, Z. M., Fahmy, A. H. and Yousef, S.E. 2011. Effect of potassium, zinc and phosphorus on seed yield, seed viability and seedling vigor of cotton (Gossypium barbadense L.). Archives of Agronomy and Soil Science 57: 75-90.
33. Srinivasan, G. and Ramalingam, A. 2011. Response of summer irrigated cotton (Gossypium hirsutum) to foliar nutrition of potassium. Journal of Cotton Research and Development 25: 214-216.
34. Wang, X., Mohamed, I., Xia, Y. and Chen, F. 2014. Effects of water and potassium stresses on potassium utilization efficiency of two cotton genotypes. Journal of Soil Science and Plant Nutrition 14: 833-844.
35. Zhang, D., Li, W., Xin, C., Tang, W., Eneji, A.E. and Dong, H. 2012. Lint yield and nitrogen use efficiency of field-grown cotton vary with soil salinity and nitrogen application rate. Field Crops Research 138: 63-70.
36. Zhao, D., Oosterhuis, D. and Bednarz, C. 2001. Influence of potassium deficiency on photosynthesis, chlorophyll content, and chloroplast ultrastructure of cotton plants. Photosynthetica 39: 103-109.
37. Zia ul, H, Arshad, M., Basra, S. M. A., Rajpar, I., Shah, A. N. and Galani, S. 2014. Response of potassium-use-efficient cotton genotypes to soil applied potassium. International Journal of Agriculture and Biology 16: 771-776.