1. Al-Karaki, G.N. 1998. Benefit, cost and water-use efficiency of arbuscular mycorrhizal durum wheat grown under drought stress. Mycorrhiza 8(1): 41-45.
2. Al-Karaki, G.N. and Hammad, R. 2001. Mycorrhizal influence on fruit yield and mineral content of tomato grown under salt stress. Journal of plant nutrition 24(8):1311-1323.
3. Auge, R.M. 2001. Water relations, drought and vesicular-arbuscular mycorrhizal symbiosis. Mycorrhiza 11(1): 3-42.
4. Auge, R.M. 2004. Arbuscular mycorrhizae and soil/plant water relations. Canadian Journal of Soil Science 84(4): 373-381.
5. Basu, M. and Srivastava, N.K. 1998. Root endophytes in medicinal plants, their population and effect. In Abstract: 7th International Congress of Plant Pathology, Edinburgh, Scotland, 9-16 August.
6. Basu, P.S., Sharma, A. and Sukumaran, N.P. 1998. Changes in net photosynthetic rate and chlorophyll fluorescence in potato leaves induced by water stress. Photosynthetica 35(1): 13-19.
7. Belhassen, E. ed. 1997. Drought tolerance in higher plants: genetical, physiological and molecular biological analysis. Kluwer.
8. Blum, A. 1996. Crop responses to drought and the interpretation of adaptation. Plant Growth Regulation 20(2): 135-148.
9. Cheng, Y., Bai, D., Sun, L., Feldmann, F. and Feng, G. 2008. Utilization of arbuscular mycorrhizal fungi during production of micropropagated potato Solanum tuberosum. In Mycorrhiza works: Proceedings of the International Symposium" Mycorrhiza for Plant Vitality" and the Joint Meeting for Working Groups 1-4 of COST Action 870, Hannover, Germany, 3-5 October, 2007 (pp. 165-178). DPG Selbstverlag.
10. Cornic, G. and Briantais, J.M. 1991. Partitioning of photosynthetic electron flow between CO 2 and O 2 reduction in a C3 leaf (Phaseolus vulgaris L.) at different CO2 concentrations and during drought stress. Planta 183(2): 178-184.
11. Dasgan, H.Y., Kusvuran, S. and Ortas, I. 2008. Responses of soilless grown tomato plants to arbuscular mycorrhizal fungal (Glomus fasciculatum) colonization in re-cycling and open systems. African Journal of Biotechnology 7(20): 3606-3613.
12. Demir, S. 2005. Influence of arbuscular mycorrhiza on some physiological growth parameters of pepper. Turkish Journal of Biology, 28(2-4), pp.85-90.
13. Al-Karaki, G., McMichael, B.Z.A.K.J. and Zak, J. 2004. Field response of wheat to arbuscular mycorrhizal fungi and drought stress. Mycorrhiza 14(4): 263-269.
14. Gupta, M. L., Prasad, A., Ram, M. and Kumar, S. 2002. Effect of the vesicular–arbuscular mycorrhizal (VAM) fungus Glomus fasciculatum on the essential oil yield related characters and nutrient acquisition in the crops of different cultivars of menthol mint (Mentha arvensis) under field conditions. Bioresource Technology 81(1): 77-79.
15. Hanson, A.D. and Hitz, W.D. 1982. Metabolic responses of mesophytes to plant water deficits. Annual Review of Plant Physiology 33(1): 163-203.
16. Harris, D. and Paul, E.A. 1987. Carbon requirements of vesicular-arbuscular mycorrhizae. Ecophysiology of VA Mycorrhiza Plants. CRC Press, Boca Raton, USA, 224p.
17. Hsiao, T.C. 1973. Plant responses to water stress. Annual review of plant physiology, 24(1), pp.519-570.
18. Cruz, R.E.D. and Husain, T. 2008. Effect of vesicular arbuscular mycorrhiza (VAM) fungi inoculation on coppicing ability and drought resistance of Senna spectabilis. The Pakistan Journal of Botany 40(5): 2217-2224.
19. Kapoor, R., Giri, B. and Mukerji, K.G. 2002a. Mycorrhization of coriander (Coriandrum sativum L) to enhance the concentration and quality of essential oil. Journal of the Science of Food and Agriculture 82(4): 339-342.
20. Kapoor, R., Giri, B. and Mukerji, K.G. 2002b. Glomus macrocarpum: a potential bioinoculant to improve essential oil quality and concentration in Dill (Anethum graveolens L.) and Carum (Trachyspermum ammi (Linn.) Sprague). World Journal of Microbiology and Biotechnology 18(5): 459-463.
21. Khazaei, M. 2003. Effect of drought stress on yield and physiological features of tolerant wheat cultivars and introducing the most suitable indicators of drought stress. Ph.D. thesis of farming. Agriculture College. Ferdowsi University of Mashhad.
22. Khorshidi Benam, M. B. Khoei, F. Mirhadi, M.J. and Nourmohammadi, Q. 2001. Studying the effect of drought stress in different growth stages of potato. Journal of national agriculture science 4(1): 48-58.
23. Kijkar, S. 1991. Producing rooted cuttings of Eucalyptus camaldulensis. ASEAN-Canada Forest Tree Seed Centre Project. Thailand.
24. King, B., Stark, J. and Love, S. 2003. Potato production with limited water supplies. The Idaho Center for Potato Research and Education, ID, USA. Available in http://goo. gl/J5fkjQ.
25. Kouchaki, A. 1988. Aspects of drought stress in Sorghum. Journal of agricultural science and industries 2(2): 77-81.
26. Liu, F., Jensen, C.R. and Andersen, M.N. 2004. Drought stress effect on carbohydrate concentration in soybean leaves and pods during early reproductive development: its implication in altering pod set. Field crops research 86(1): 1-13.
27. Liu, R., Li, M., Meng, X., Liu, X. and Li, X. 1999. Effects of AM fungi on endogenous hormones in corn and cotton plants. Mycosystema 19(1): 91-96.
28. Lorella, N., Moscatiello, R., Genre, A., Novero, M., Baldan, B., Bonfante, P. and Mariani, P. 2007. The arbuscular mycorrhizal fungus Glomus intraradices induces intracellular calcium changes in soybean cells. Caryologia 60(1-2): 137-140.
29. Lu, Q., Lu, C., Zhang, J. and Kuang, T. 2002. Photosynthesis and chlorophyll fluorescence during flag leaf senescence of field-grown wheat plants. Journal of Plant Physiology 159(11): 1173-1178.
30. Malakouti, M.J., Moshiri, F. and Ghaibi, M.N. 2005. Optimum Levels of Nutrients in Soil and Some Agronomic and Horticultural Crops. Soil and Water Research Institue. Technical Bulletin, p.405.
31. Nadler, A. and Heuer, B. 1995. Effect of saline irrigation and water deficit on tuber quality. Potato Research 38(1): 119-123.
32. Onder, S., Caliskan, M.E., Onder, D. and Caliskan, S. 2005. Different irrigation methods and water stress effects on potato yield and yield components. Agricultural water management 73(1): 73-86.
33. O'Neill, P.M., Shanahan, J.F. and Schepers, J.S. 2006. Use of chlorophyll fluorescence assessments to differentiate corn hybrid response to variable water conditions. Crop Science 46(2): 681-687.
34. Opena, G.B. and Porter, G.A. 1999. Soil management and supplemental irrigation effects on potato: II. Root growth. Agronomy Journal 91(3): 426-431.
35. Rahimian, H. Kouchaki, A.R and Zand, A. 2000. Photosynthesis and production in various environmental conditions (translation). 1st pub. Tehran Parks & Green Space Organization.
36. Rezaei, A.M and Soltani, A. 1996. Potato farming (translation). Mashhad Jahad Daneshgahi Publication. P 179.
37. Ruiz-Lozano, J.M. and Azcon, R. 1996. Mycorrhizal colonization and drought stress as factors affecting nitrate reductase activity in lettuce plants. Agriculture, ecosystems & environment 60(2): 175-181.
38. Sadras, V.O. and Milroy, S.P. 1996. Soil-water thresholds for the responses of leaf expansion and gas exchange: a review. Field Crops Research 47(2-3): 253-266.
39. Sairam, R.K., Rao, K.V. and Srivastava, G.C. 2002. Differential response of wheat genotypes to long term salinity stress in relation to oxidative stress, antioxidant activity and osmolyte concentration. Plant Science 163(5): 1037-1046.
40. Shahnazari, A. Liu, F., Andersen, M.N. Jacobsen, S.E. and Jensen, C.R. 2007. Effects of partial root-zone drying on yield, tuber size and water use efficiency in potato under field conditions. Field Crops Research 100(1): 117-124.
41. Sharma, A.K. 2002. Biofertilizers for sustainable agriculture. India: Agrobios 12: 319-324.
42. Song, H. 2005. Effects of VAM on host plant in the condition of drought stress and its mechanisms. Electronic Journal of Biology 1(3): pp.44-48.
43. Songsri, P., Jogloy, S. Holbrook, C.C. Kesmala, T. Vorasoot, N. Akkasaeng, C. and Patanothai, A. 2009. Association of root, specific leaf area and SPAD chlorophyll meter reading to water use efficiency of peanut under different available soil water. Agricultural water management 96(5): 790-798.
44. Vamerali, T. Saccomani, M., Bona, S., Mosca, G. Guarise, M. and Ganis, A. 2003. A comparison of root characteristics in relation to nutrient and water stress in two maize hybrids. In Roots: The Dynamic Interface between Plants and the Earth Springer Netherlands. Pp: 157-167.
45. Wu, Q.S. Xia, R.X. Zou, Y.N. and Wang, G.Y. 2007. Osmotic solute responses of mycorrhizal citrus (Poncirus trifoliata) seedlings to drought stress. Acta Physiologiae Plantarum 29(6): 543-549.
46. Yuan, B.Z. Nishiyama, S. and Kang, Y. 2003. Effects of different irrigation regimes on the growth and yield of drip-irrigated potato. Agricultural water management 63(3): 153-167.
47. Zhang, X.H. SMITH, S.E. and SMITH, F.A. 2006. Effects of Glomus mosseae on the toxicity of heavy metals to Vicia faba. Journal of Environmental Sciences 18(4): 721-726.