1. Abedi-Koupai, J., Sohrab, J., and Swarbrick, G. 2008. Evaluation of hydrogel application on soil water retention characteristics. Journal of Plant Nutrition 31: 317-331.
2. Amiri, M. B. 2015. Study of ecological and agronomic characteristics of Echium amoenum in Mashhad conditions. Ph.D thesis of Agroecology, Faculty of agriculture, Ferdowsi University of Mashhad. (In Persian with English Abstract).
3. Aslan, N. 2007. Application of response surface methodology and central composite rotatable design for modeling the influence of some operating variables of a multi-gravity separator for chromite concentration. Powder Technology 86: 769–776.
4. Caliandro, A., and Boari, F. 1992. Supplementary irrigation in arid and semi-arid regions. In: International Conference on Supplementary Irrigation and Drought Water Management. Sep 27- Oct 2. 1992. Italy.
5. Emam, Y. 2004. Cereal production. Shiraz University Press. (In Persian with English Abstract).
6. Eneji, A. E., Islam, R., An, P., and Amalu, U. C. 2013. Nitrate retention and physiological adjustment of maize to soil amendment with superabsorbent polymers. Journal of Cleaner Production 52: 474-480.
7. Gholami, H., Samavat, S., and Ardebili, Z. O. 2013. The alleviating effects of humic substances on photosynthesis and yield of Plantago ovate in salinity conditions. International Research Journal of Applied and Basic Sciences 4: 1683-1686.
8. Ghorbani, S., Khazaee, H. R., Kafi, M., and Banayan Aval, M. 2009. Effect of humic acid application in water of irrigation on yield and yield components of Zea mays L. Agroecology 2: 123-131. (In Persian with English Abstract).
9. Heidari, M., and Khalili, S. 2014. Effect of humic acid and phosphorous fertilizer on flower and seed yield, photosynthetic pigments and amounts of minerals in Hisbiscus sabdariffa L. Iranian Journal of crops of Iran 45: 191-199. (In Persian with English Abstract).
10. Heidari, M., and Minayee, A. 2014. Effect of drought stress and humic acid on flower yield and the concentration of macro nutrients in Borago officinalis L. Iranian Journal of Plant Production 21: 167-183. (In Persian with English Abstract).
11. Horwitz, W., and Latimer, G. W. 2005. Official Methods of Analysis. Association of Official Analytical Chemists (AOAC), 18th Edition. Maryland, USA.
12. Islam, M. R., Eneji, A. E. Ren, C., Li, J., and Hu, Y. 2011. Impact of water-saving superabsorbent polymer on oat (Avena spp.) yield and quality in an arid sandy soil. Scientific Research and Essays 6: 720-728.
13. Islam, M. R., Garcia, S. C., and Horadagoda, A. 2012. Effects of irrigation and rates and timing of nitrogen fertilizer on dry matter yield, proportions of plant fractions of maize and nutritive value and in vitro gas production characteristics of whole crop maize silage. Animal Feed Science and Technology 172: 125-135.
14. Jahan, M., Sohrabi, R., Doayee, F., and Amiri, M. B. 2011. Effect of superabsorbent water application in soil and humic acid foliar application on some agroecological characteristics of bean (Phaseolus vulgaris L.) in Mashhad (Iran). Iranian Journal of Ecological Agriculture 2: 71-90. (In Persian with English Abstract).
15. Jahan, M., Kamayestani, N., and Ranjbar, F. 2013. Assay for applying super absorbent polymer in a low input corn (Zea mays L.) production system aimed to reduce drought stress under Mashhad conditions. Agroecology 5: 272-281. (In Persian with English Abstract).
16. Jahan, M., Nassiri Mahallati, M., Ranjbar, F., Aryaee, M., and Kamayestani, N. 2015a. The effects of super absorbent polymer application into soil and humic acid foliar application on some agrophysiological criteria and quantitative and qualitative yield of sugar beet (Beta vulgaris L.) under Mashhad conditions. Agroecology 6: 753-766. (In Persian with English Abstract).
17. Jahan, M., Nasiri Mahallati, M., Khalilzade, H., Bigonah, R., and Razavi, A. R. 2015b. Using response-surface methodology for optimizing nitrogen, phosphorus and cattle manure fertilizers application in winter wheat production. Iranian Journal of Field Crops Research, In Press. (In Persian with English Abstract).
18. Jalilian, A., Ghobadi, R., and Farnia, A. 2010. A study effects of different nitrogen fertilizer levels on yield, harvest index and water use efficiency of the corn in different water condition. 5th National Conference New Ideas in Agriculture, 16-17 Februry, Esfahan. (In Persian).
19. Karimi, A., Homaee, M., Moezardalan, M., Liyaghat, A. M., and Raiesi, F. 2006. Effect of Fertigation on yield and water use efficiency on corn in a tape irrigation system. Journal of Agricultural sciences 3: 561-575. (In Persian).
20. Karimi, A., and Naderi, M. 2007. Yield and water use efficiency of forage corn as influenced superabsorbent polymer application in soils with different textures. Pajouheshe Keshavarzi 3: 187-198. (In Persian with English Abstract).
21. Khadem, S. A., Ghalavio, M., Ramroodi, S. R., Mousavi, M. J., and Rezvani-Moghadam, P. 2011. Effect of animal manure and superabsorbent polymer on yield and yield components on corn (Zea mays L.). Iranian Journal of Crop Science 1: 115-123. (In Persian with English Abstract).
22. Koocheki, A., Nasiri Mahallati, M., Fallahpoor, F., and Amiri, M. B. 2015. Optimization of nitrogen fertilizer and irrigation in wheat cultivation by central composite design. Journal of Agroecology, In Press. (In Persian with English Abstract).
23. Kuhestani, Sh., Askari, N., and Maghsudi, K. 2009. Assessment effects of super absorbent hydrogels on corn yield (Zea mays L.) under drought stress condition. Iranian Water Research Journal 3(5): 71-78. (In Persian with English Abstract).
24. Maccarthy, P. 2001. The principles of humic substances. Soil Science 166: 738-751.
25. Mahajan, G., Chauhan, B. S., Timsina, J., Singh, P. P., and Singh, K. 2012. Crop performance and water-and nitrogen-use efficiencies in dry-seeded rice in response to irrigation and fertilizer amounts in northwest India. Field Crops Research 134: 59-70.
26. Mansoori, H., Banayan Aval, M., Rezvani Moghaddam, P., and Lakzian, A. 2014. Management of nitrogen fertilization, irrigation and planting density in Allium hirtifolium by using central composite optimizing method. Iranian Journal of Agricultural Knowledge and Sustainable Production 24: 40-60. (In Persian with English Abstract).
27. Mao, S., Islam M. R., Xue, X., Yang, X., Zhao, X., and Hu, Y. 2011. Evaluation of a water-saving superabsorbent polymer for corn (Zea mays L.) production in arid regions of Northern China. African Journal of Agricultural Research 6: 4108-4115.
28. Massoud, O. N., Afifi, M. M. I., El-Akshar, Y. S., and El-Sayed, G. A. M. 2013. Impact of biofertilizers and humic acid on the growth and yield of wheat grown in reclaimed sandy soil. Journal of Agriculture and Biological Research 9: 104-113.
29. Mohammadipour, E., Golchin, A., Mohammadi, J., Negahdar, N., and Zarchini, M. 2012. Effect of humic acid on yield and quality of marigold (Calendula officinalis L.). Annals of Biological Resarch 3: 5095-5098.
30. Mokhtari, V., Koocheki, A., Nassiri Mahallati, M., and Jahan, M. 2013. Comparison of water use efficiency in some crop and medicinal species. Iranian Journal of Field Crops Research 3: 401-407. (In Persian with English Abstract).
31. Myers, R. H., and Montgomery, D. C. 1995. Response surface methodology: process and product optimization using designed experiments. John Willey & Sons, New York, USA.
32. Natesan, R., Kandasamy, S., Thiyageshwari, S., and Boopathy, P. M. 2007. Influence of lignite humic acid on the micronutrient availability and yield of blackgram in an alfisol. Science World Journal 7: 1198-1206.
33. Nykanen, V. P. S., Nykanen, A., Puska M. A., Goulart-Silva, G., and Ruokolainen, J. 2011. Dual-reponsive and super absorbing thermally cross-linked hydrogel based on methacrylate substituted polyphosphazene. Soft Matter 7: 4414-4424.
34. Pandy, R. K., and Maranvill, J. W. 2000. Deficit irrigation and nitrogen effects on maize in a Sahelian environment II. Shoot growth, nitrogen uptake and water extraction. Agricultural Water Management 46: 15-27.
35. Peoples, M. B., Beilharz, V. C., Waters, S. P., Simpson, R. J., and Dalling, M. J. 1980. Nitrogen redistribution during grain growth in wheat (Triticum aestivum L.). Planta 149: 241-251.
36. Poehlman, J. M. 1959. Breeding field crops. Henry Holt and Company, New York.
37. Puglisi, E., Fragoulis, G., Ricciuti, P., Cappa, F., Spaccini, R., Piccolo A., Trevisan, M., and Crecchio, C. 2009. Effects of a humic acid and its size-fractions on the bacterial community of soil rhizsphere under maize (Zea mays L.). Chemosphere 77: 829-837.
38. Rezazadeh, H., Khrasani, S. K., and Haghighi, R. S. A. 2012. Effects of humic acid on decrease of phosphorus usage in forage maize var. KSC704 (Zea mays L.). Australian Journal of Agricultural Engineering 3: 34-38.
39. Rong, Y., and Xuefeng, W. 2011. Effects of nitrogen fertilizer and irrigation rate on nitrate present in the profile of a sandy farmland in Northwest China. Procedia Environmental Sciences 11: 726-732.
40. Rosales, M. A., Ocampo, E., Rodriguez-Valentin, R., Olvera-Carrillo, Y., Acosta-Gallegos, J., and Covarrubias, A. A. 2012. Physiological analysis of common bean (Phaseolus vulgaris L.) cultivars uncovers characteristics related to terminal drought resistance. Plant Physiology and Biochemistry 56: 24-34.
41. Samavat, S., and Malakuti, M. 2006. Important use of organic acid (humic and fulvic) for increase quantity and quality agriculture productions. Water and Soil Researchers Technical 463: 1-13.
42. Sanchez-Martin, L., Meijide, A., Garcia-Torres, L., and Vallejo, A. 2010. Combination of drip irrigation and organic fertilizer for mitigating emissions of nitrogen oxides in semiarid climate. Agriculture, Ecosystems and Environment 137: 99-107.
43. Sarir, M. S., Sharif, M., Zeb, A., and Akhlaq, M. 2005. Influence of different levels of humic acid application by various methods on the yield and yield components of maize. Sarhad. Jouranl of Agriculture 21: 75-81.
44. Tahir, M. M., Khurshid, M., Khan, M. Z., Abbasi, M. K., and Kazmi, M. H. 2011. Lignite-derived humic acid effect on growth of wheat plants in different soils. Pedosphere 21: 124-131.
45. Turkmen, O., Demir, S., Sensoy, S., and Dursun, A. 2005. Effect of arbuscular mycorrhizal fungus and humic acid on the seedling development and nutrient content of pepper grown under saline soil conditions. Journal of Biological Sciences 5: 565-574.
46. Verlinden, G., Pycke, B., Mertens, J., Debersaques, F., Verheyen, K., Baert, G., Bries, J., and Haesaert, G. 2009. Application of humic substances results in consistent increases in crop yield and nutrient uptake. Journal of Plant Nutrition 32: 1407-1426.
47. Wang, W., and Wang, A. 2010. Nanocomposite of carboxymethyl cellulose and attapulgite as a novel pH-sensitive superabsorbent: Synthesis, characterization and properties. Carbohydrate Polymers 82: 83-91.
48. Wu, C. F. J., and Hamada, M. 2000. Experiments: planning, analysis, and parameter design optimization. New York.
49. Wu, S. C., Caob, Z. H., Lib, Z. G., Cheunga, K. C., and Wong, M. H. 2005. Effects of biofertilizers containing N-fixer, P and K solubilizers and AM fungi on maize growth: a greenhouse trial. Geoderma 125: 155-166.
50. Xie, L., Liu, M., Ni, B., Zhang, X., and Wang, Y. 2011. Slow-release nitrogen and boron fertilizer from a functional superabsorbent formulation based on wheat straw and attapulgite. Chemical Engineering Journal 167: 342-348.
51. Yazdani, F., Allahdadi I., and Akbari, G. A. 2012. Impact of superabsorbent polymer on yield and growth analysis of soybean (Glycine max L.) under drought stress condition. Pakistan Journal of Biological Sciences 10: 4190-4196.
52. Zheng, T., Liang, Y. H., Ye, S. H., and He, Z. Y. 2009. Superabsorbent hydrogels as carriers for the controlled-release of urea: experiments and a mathematical model describing the release rate. Biosystems Engineering 102: 44-50.
53. Zhong, K., Zheng, X. L., Mao, X. Y., Lin, Z. T., and Jiang, G. B. 2012. Sugarcane bagasse derivative-based superabsorbent containing phosphate rock with water-fertilizer integration. Carbohydrate Polymers 90: 820-826.
54. Zhong, K., Lin, Z. T., Zheng, X. L., Jiang, G. B., Fang, Y. S., Mao, X. Y., and Liao, Z. W. 2013. Starch derivative-based superabsorbent with integration of water-retaining and controlled-release fertilizers. Carbohydrate Polymers 92: 1367-1376.
55. Zhou, X., Wang, H., Chen, Q., and Ren, J. 2007. Coupling effects of depth of film-bottomed tillage and amount of irrigation and nitrogen fertilizer on spring wheat yield. Soil and Tillage Research 94: 251-261.