1. Abdi, S., Tajbakhsh, M., Abdollahi Mandulakani, B., and Rasouli Sadaghiani, M. H. 2013. Effect of green manure on the soil organic matter and nitrogen. Journals of Agronomy Science 7: 41-52. (in Persian with English abstract).
2. Allen, D. E., Singh, B. P., and Dalal, R. C. 2011. Soil health indicators under climate change: a review of current knowledge PP 25–45 in Singh, B. P., Cowie, A. L., Chan, K. Y. (Eds.), Soil Health and Climate Change. Springer-Verlag, Berlin, Heidelberg.
3. Amini, A., Rajaie, M., and Farsinezhad, K. 2014. Effects of different plant residue under different tillage practices on yield and yield components of wheat (Triticum aestivum L.). Journal of Plant Ecophysiology 16: 27-37. (in Persian with English abstract).
4. Araya, T., Cornelis, W. M., Nyssen, J., Govaerts, B., Getnet, F., Bauer, H., Amare, K., Raes, D., Haile, M., and Deckers, J. 2012. Medium-term effects of conservation agriculture based cropping systems for sustainable soil and water management and crop productivity in the Ethiopian highlands. Field Crops Research 132: 53-62.
5. Bhushan, L., Ladha, J. K., Gupta, R. K., Singh, S., Tirol-Padre, A., Saharawat, Y. S., Gathala, M., and Pathak, H. 2007. Saving of water and labor in a rice–wheat system with no-tillage and direct seeding technologies. Agronomy Journal 99: 1288-1296.
6. Bremner, J. M. 1996. Nitrogen– Total. In: D.L. Sparks Et Al (Eds.), Methods of soil analysis. Part 3. Chemical methods. Sssa. Asa. Madison. W.U. Canadian Journal of Microbiology 21: 314-322.
7. Carrera, L. M., Abdul-Baki, A. A., and Teasdel, J. R. 2004. Cover crop management and weed suppression in No-tillage Sweet corn production. HortScience 39 (6): 1262-1266.
8. Carvalho, M., and Lourenco, E., 2014. Conservation Agriculture – A Portuguese Case Study. Journal of Agronomy and Crop Science 200: 317-324.
9. Chauhan, B. S., Gill, G. S., and Preston, C. 2007. Effect of seeding systems and di nitro aniline herbicides on emergence and control of rigid ryegrass (Lolium rigidum) in wheat. Weed Technology 21: 53-58.
10. De Vita, P., Di Paolo, E., Fecondo, G., Di Fonzo, N., and Pisante, M. 2007. No-tillage and conventional tillage effects on durum wheat yield, grain quality and soil moisture content in southern Italy. Soil & Tillage Research 92: 69-78.
11. Dinesh, R., Suryanayarana, M. A., Nair, A. K., and Ghoshal Chaudhhuri, S. 2001. Leguminous cover crop effects on nitrogen mineralization rates and kinetics in soils. Journal of Agronomy and Crop Science 187: 161-166.
12. Duiker, S. W., and Curran. W. S. 2005. Rye cover crop management for corn production in the northern mid-atlantic region. Agronomy Journal 97: 1413-1418.
13. Fageria, N. K., Baligar, V. C., and Bailey, B. A., 2005. Role of cover crops in improving soil and row crop productivity. Journal of Communications Soil Science Plant Analysis 36: 2733-2757.
14. FAO (Food and Agriculture Organization). 2013. Introduction to conservation agriculture (its principles & benefits). Available from: http://teca.fao.org/technology/introduction-conservation-agriculture-its-principles-benefits
15. Gadermaier, F., Berner, A., Fliebach, A., Friedel, J. K., and Mader, P. 2011. Impact of reduced tillage on soil organic carbon and nutrient budgets under organic farming. Renew Agriculture and Food Systems: pp 1-13.
16. Govaerts, B., Sayre, K. D., Goudeseune, B., De Corte, P., Lichter, K., Dendooven, L., and Deckers, J. 2009. Conservation agriculture as a sustainable option for the central Mexican highlands. Soil & Tillage Research 103: 222-230.
17. Hemmat, A., and Eskandari, I. 2004. Tillage system effects upon productivity winter wheat chickpea rotation in the northwest region of Iran. Soil & tillage Research 78 (11): 69-81.
18. Hemmat, A., and Eskandari, I. 2006. Dryland winter wheat response to conservation tillage in a continuous cropping system in northwestern Iran. Soil & tillage Research 86: 99-109.
19. Hobbs, P. R., Sayre, K., and Gupta, R. 2008. The role of conservation agriculture in sustainable agriculture. Philosophical Transactions of the Royal Society B: Biological Sciences 363: 543-555.
20. Jahan, M., Aryaee, M., Amiri, M. B., and Ehyaee, H. R. 2013. The effect of plant growth promoting rhizobactria (PGPR) on quantitative and qualitative charactristics of Sesamum indicum L. with application of cover crops of Lathyrus sp. and Persian clover (Trifolium resopinatum L.). Journal of Agroecology 5 (1): 1-15 (in Persian).
21. Jat, R. A., Wani, S. P., and Sahrawat, K. L. 2012. Conservation Agriculture in the Semi-Arid Tropics: Prospects and Problems. Advances in Agronomy 117: 191-237.
22. Jat, M. L., Gathala, M. K., Saharawat, Y. S., Tetarwal, J. P., Gupta, R., and Singh, Y. 2013. Double no-till and permanent raised beds in maize–wheat rotation of north-western Indo-Gangetic plains of India: effects on crop yields, water productivity, profitability and soil physical properties. Field Crops Research 149: 291-299.
23. Jokela, W. E., Grabber, J. H., Karlen, D. L., Balser, T. C., and Palmquist, D. E. 2009. Cover cropand liquid manure effects on soil quality indicators in a corn silage system. Agronomy Journal 101: 727-737.
24. Karlen, D. L., Cambardella, C. A., Kovar, J. L., and Colvin, T. S. 2013. Soil quality response to long-term tillage and crop rotation practices. Soil & Tillage Research 133: 54-64.
25. Kaschuk, G., Alberton, O., and Hungria, M. 2010. Three decades of soil microbial biomass studies in Brazilian ecosystems: lessons learned about soil quality and indications for improving sustainability. Soil Biology and Biochemistry Journal 42: 1-13.
26. Kuo, S., and Jellum, E. J. 2002. Influence of winter cover crop and residue management on soil nitrogen availability and corn. Agronomy Journal 94: 501-508.
27. Liebman, M., Mohler, C. L., and Staver, C. P. 2004. Ecological Management of Agricultural Weeds. Cambridge University Press, UK.
28. Miguez, F. E., and Bollero. G. A. 2005. Review of corn Yield response under winter cover cropping systems using meta-analytic methods. Crop Science 45: 2318-2329.
29. Mirsky, S. B., Ryan, M. R., Curran, W. S., Teasdale, J. R., Maul, J., Spargo J. T., Moyer, J., Grantham, A. M., Weber, D., Way, T. R., and Camargo, G. G. 2012. Conservation tillage issues: Cover crop-based organic rotational no-till grain production in the mid-Atlantic region, USA. Renewable Agriculture and Food Systems 27: 31-40.
30. Osunbitan, J. A., Oyedele, D. J., and Adekalu, K. O. 2005. Tillage effects on bulk density, hydraulic conductivity and strength of a loamy sand soil in south-western Nigeria. Soil & Tillage Research 82: 57-64.
31. Parihar, C. M., Jat, S. L., Singh, A. K., Singh, Y., Pradhan, S., Pooniya, V., Dhauja, A., Chaudhary, V., Jat, M. L., Jat, R. K., and Yadav, O. P. 2016. Conservation agriculture in irrigated intensive maize-based systems of north-western India: Effects on crop yields, water productivity and economic profitability. Field Crops Research 193: 104-116.
32. Piggin, C., Haddad, A., and Khalil, Y. 2011. Development and promotion of zero tillage in Iraq and Syria. 5thWorld Congress of Conservation Agriculture incorporating 3rd Farming Systems Design Conference, September 2011 Brisbane, Australia www.wcca2011.org
33. Poorhasankhani Dowlatabad, M., Madah Hosseini, Sh., Dashti, H., and Rahimi, A. 2015. Effect of Green Manure on Soil Organic Matter and Some Growth Indices of Maize (Zea mays L.) in Rafsanjan Region. Journal of Plant Products Technology 15 (2): 69-80 (in Persian with English abstract).
34. Radicetti, E., Mancinelli, R., and Campiglia, E. 2013. Influence of winter cover crop residue management on weeds and yield in pepper (Capsicum annuum L.) in a Mediterranean environment. Journal of Crop Protection 52: 64-71.
35. Reeves, D. W. 1994. Cover crops and rotations. In Crops Residue Management. Advances in Soil Science. Hatfield, J. L., and Stewart, B. A. (Eds.). Lewis Publishers, Boca Raton, FL, pp. 125-172.
36. Sainju, U. M., and Singh, P. 2001. Tillage, cover crop, and kill- plantation date effects on corn yield and soil nitrogen. Agronomy Journal 93: 878-886.
37. Samarajeewa K. B. D. P., Horiuchi, T., and Oba, Sh. 2006. Finger millet (Eleucine corocana L. Garetn) as a cover crop on weed control, growth and yield of soybean under different tillage systems. Soil & Tillage Research 90: 93-99.
38. Shaxson, T. F. 2006. Re-thinking the conservation of carbon, water and soil: a different perspective. Agronomy for Sustainable Development 26: 9-19.
39. Shao, Y., Xie, Y., Wang, Ch., Yue, J., Yao, Y., Li, X., Liu, W., Zhu, Y., and Guo, T. 2016. Effects of different soil conservation tillage approaches on soil nutrients, water use and wheat-maize yield in rainfed dry-land regions of North China. European Journal of Agronomy 81: 37-45.
40. Singh, V. K., Singh, Y., Dwivedi, B. S., Singh, K. S., Majumdar, K., Jat, M. L., Mishra, R. P., and Rani, M. 2016. Soil physical properties: yield trends and economics after five years of conservation agriculture based rice-maize system in north-western India. Soil & Tillage Research 155: 133-148.
41. Teasdale, J. R. 1996. Contribution of cover crops to weed management in sustainable agricultural systems. Journal of Production Agriculture 9: 475-479.
42. Tilman, D., Cassman, K. G., Matson, P. A., Naylor, R., and Polasky, S. 2002. Agricultural Sustainability and intensive production practices. Nature 418: 671-677. Available from: http:// dx.doi.org/10.1038/nature01014.
43. Tripathi, R. S., Raju, R., and Thimmappa, K. 2013. Impact of Zero Tillage on Economics of Wheat Production in Haryana. Agricultural Economics Research Review 26 (1): 101-108.
44. Unger, P. W., and Jones, O. R. 1998. Long-term tillage and cropping systems affect bulk density and penetration resistance of soil cropped to dryland wheat and grain sorghum. Soil & Tillage Research 45: 39-57.
45. Usman, K., Khan, E. A., Khan, N., Khan, M. A., Ghulam, S., Khan, S., and Baloch, J. 2013. Effect of Tillage and Nitrogen on Wheat Production, Economics, and Soil Fertility in Rice-Wheat Cropping System. American Journal of Plant Sciences 4: 17-25.
46. Walkly, A., and Black, I. A. 1934. An examination of the degtjareff method for determining soil organic matter and a proposed modification of the chromic acid titration method. Soil Science 37: 29-38.
47. Zhang, S., Chen, X., Jia, Sh., Liang, A., Zhang, X., Yang, X., Wei, Sh, Sun, B., Huang, D., and Zhou, G. 2015. The potential mechanism of long-term conservation tillage effects on maize yield in the black soil of Northeast China. Soil & Tillage Research 154: 84-90.
48. Zhao, M. Q., Hao, J. G., She, D. Q., Zhao, S. J., Fan, X. Q., and Liu, H. T. 2007. Conservation tillage in the interlock region of the farming area and pastoral area. Journal of Agriculture Mechanization Research 2: 122-125.