1. Abanda, D., Musch, M., Tschiersch, J., and Schawb, M. 2006. Molecular interaction between methylobacterium extorquens and seedling: growth promotion, methanol consumption and localization of the methanol emission site. Journal of Experimental Botany 57 (15): 4025-4032.
2. Abbasian, A., Mirshekari, B., Safarzadeh Vishekaei, M. N., Rashidi, V., and Aminpanah, H. 2014. Growth, yield, and yield component changes in response to methanol application on rice (Oryza sativa cv. shiroudi). Indian Journal of Fundamental and Applied Life Sciences 4 (2): 361-369.
3. Bagheri, H. R., Ladan Moghadam, A. R., and Afshari, H. 2014. The effects of foliar application of methanol on growth and secondary metabolites in lavender. International Research Journal of Applied and Basic Sciences 8 (2): 150-152.
4. Benson, A. A., and Nonomura, A. M. 1994. The path of carbon in photosynthesis: methanol inhibition of glycolic acid accumulation. Research Journal of Phytochemistry 34: 196.
5. Ehyaei, H. R., Parsa, M., Kafi, M., and Nasiri Mahalati, M. 2010. Effect of foliar application of methanol and irrigation regimes on yield and yield components of chickpea cultivars. Iranian Journal Pulses Research 1: 37-48. (in Persian with English abstract).
6. Fall, R., and Benson, A. A. 1996. Leaf methanol-The simplest natural product from plants. Journal of Trends Plant Science 1: 296-301.
7. Galbally, E., and Kirstine, W. 2002. The production of methanol by flowering plants and the global cycle of methanol. Journal of Atmospheric Chemistry 43: 195-229.
8. Heins, R. 1980. Inhibition of ethylene synthesis and senescence in carnation by ethanol. Journal of the American Society for Horticultural Science 105 (1): 141-144.
9. Hesketh, J. D., Orgen, W. L., Hageman, M. E., and Peters, D. B. 1981. Correlation among leaf CO2-exchange rates, areas and enzyme activities among soybean cultivars. Photosynthesis Research 2: 21-30.
10. Ivanova, E. G., Dornina, N. V., and Trotsenko, Y. A. 2001. Aerobic methylobacteria are capable of synthesizing auxins. Microbiology 70: 392-397.
11. Khosravi, E. 2011. Effect of methanol and ethanol on yield and quality of Melissa officinalis L. Master's thesis. Department of Horticulture Faculty of Agriculture, Islamic Azad University of Karaj, Iran. (in Persian).
12. Khosravi, M. T., Mehrafarin, A., Naghdi Badi H. A., Haji Aghaee, R., and Khosravi, E. 2011. Effect of methanol and ethanol on yield of Echinacea purpurea at Karaj-Iran. Journal of Herbal Drugs 2 (2): 121-128. (in Persian with English abstract).
13. Koocheki, A. R., and Khajeh Hosseini, M. 2008. Modern Agronomy. Jihad-e- Daneshgahi of Mashhad Press. (in Persian).
14. Li, Y., Gupta, J., and Siyumbano, A. K. 1995. Effect of methanol on soybean photosynthesis and chlorophyll. Journal of Plant Nutrition 18: 1875-1880.
15. Lionetti, V., Cervone, F., and Bellincampi, D. 2012. Methyl esterification of pectin plays a role during plant-pathogen interactions and affects plant resistance to diseases. Journal of Plant Physiology 169: 1623-1630.
16. Lutts, S., Kinet J. M., and Bouharmont, J. 1996. NaCl-induced senescence in leaves of rice (Oryza sativa L.) cultivars differing in salinity resistance. Journal of Annals of Botany 78: 389-398.
17. Makhdum, M. I., Malik, M. N. A., Din, S. U., Ahmad, F., and Chaudhry, F. I. 2002. Physiology response of cotton to methanol foliar application. Journal of Research (Science) 13: 37-43.
18. Moon, J. H., and Terao, J. 1998. Antioxidant activity of caffeic acid and dihydrocaffeic acid in lard and human low density lipoprotein. Journal of Agriculture and Food Chemistry 46: 5062-5065.
19. Mousavi, J., and Bazrgar, A. B. 2014. Effect of foliar application of methanol and ethanol on yield components and essential oil content of dragonhead (Dracocephalum moldavica L.). Indian Journal of Fundamental and Applied Life Sciences 4 (4): 381-386.
20. Muchow, R. C., Sinclair, T., and Rennetl, I. M. 1990. Temperature and solar radiation effects on potential maize yield across locations. Agronomy Journal 82: 238-343.
21. Nonomura, A. M., and Benson, A. 1992. The path of carbon in photosynthesis: improved crop yields with methanol. Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences of the United States of America 89: 9794-9798.
22. Noor Husseini Niakan, S. A., Safarzadeh Vishkai, M. N., Aslani, A., and Vale Sheyda F. 2011. Effect of concentration methanol foliar application time on growth and yield of mungbean. Journal of Agricultural Research 3: 305-295.
23. Nourafcan, H., and Kalantari, Z. 2017. The effect of methanol and ethanol foliar application on peppermint morpho-physiological charactristics. Agroecology Journal 12 (4): 1-9. (in Persian with English abstract).
24. Omidbaigi, R. 2007. Production and processing of medicinal plants (Volume 1). Behnashr Publications. Tehran. (in Persian).
25. Qasim, A., Ashraff, M., and Anwar, F. 2010. Seed composition and seed oil antioxidant activity of maize under water stress. Journal of American Oil Chemistry Society 87: 1179-1187.
26. Rajala, A., Karkkainen, J., Peltonen, S., and Peltonen-Sainio, P. 1998. Foliar applications of alcohols failed to enhance growth and yield of C3 crop. Journal of Industrial Crops and Products 7: 129-137.
27. Ramirez, I. F., Dorta, V., Espinoza, E., Jimenez, A., and Mercado, H. 2006. Effects of foliar and root applications of methanol on the growth of Arabidopsis, tobacco and tomato plants. Journal of Plant Growth Regulation 25: 30-44.
28. Rowe, R. N., Farr, D. J., and Richards, B. A. J. 1994. Effects of foliar and root applications of methanol or ethanol on the growth of tomato plants (Lycopersicon esculentum L.). New Zealand Journal of Crop and Horticultural Science 22: 335-337.
29. Sadasivam, S., and Manickam, A. 1992. In: Biochemical Methods for Agricultural Sciences. Wiley Eastern Ltd., New Delhi. Pp.184-185.
30. Safarzade Vishkaei, M. 2007. Effects of methanol on growth and yield of peanut. Ph.D. thesis. Sciences and Research Unit, Islamic Azad University Tehran, Iran. 232 pp. (in Persian).
31. Singleton, V. L., and Rossi, J. A. 1965. Colorimetry of total phenolic with phosphomolybdic and phosphotungstic acid reagent. American Journal of Enology and Viticulture 16: 144-158.
32. Yavarpanah, Z., Alizadeh, M., and Seifi, E. 2015. Effects of foliar and root applications of hydro-alcoholic solutions on physiological and biochemical attributes and fruit yield and weight of strawberry. Journal of Plant Physiology and Breeding 5 (1): 47-54.
33. Zbiec, I. I., Karczmarczyk, S., and Koszanski, Z. 1999. Influence of methanol on some cultivated plants. Department of Plant Production and Irrigation. Agricultural University of Szczecin 73: 217-220.
34. Zbiec, I., Karczmarczyk, S., and Podsiadlo, C. 2003. Response of some cultivated plants to methanol as compared to supplemental irrigation. Electronic Journal of Polish Agricultural Universities (EJPAU) 6 (1): 1-7.