1. Abdulrahmani B., Ghassemi, K., Ghassemi-Golezani K., Valizadeh M., and Asl, V. 2007a. Seed priming and seedling establishment of barley (Hordium voulgare L.). Journal of Food, Agriculture and Environment 5: 179-184.
2. Abdulrahmane, B. 2014b. Evaluation of hydropriming effects on the growth characteristics and yield of different wheat genotypes and variety under dryland condition. Journal of Applied Research of Plant Ecophysiology 1 (4): 91-104. (in Persian with English abstract).
3. Abdzad Gohari1, A., Amiri, E., and Majd Salimi, K. 2011.Yield evaluation and water use efficiency in peanut (Arachis hypogaea L.) under different levels of irrigation and nitrogen fertilizer. Journal of Water and Soil 25 (5): 994-1004. (in Persian with English abstract).
4. Angus, J. F., and Van Herwarden, A. F. 2001. Increasing water use and water use efficiency in dryland wheat. Agronomy Journal 93: 290-298.
5. Arunachalam, A., Khan, M. L., and Singh, N. D. 2003. Germination, growth and biomass accumulation as influenced by seed size in Mesua ferrea L. Turkish Journal of Botany 27: 343-348.
6. Asaduzzaman, M., Hasan, M. M., and Moniruzzaman, M. 2012. Quality seed production of onion (Allium cepa L.): an integrated approach of bulb size and plant spacing. Journal of Agricultural Research 50 (1): 119-128.
7. Ashraf, M., and Foolad, M. R. 2005. Pre-sowing seed treatment-A shotgun approach to improve germination, plant growth and crop yield under saline and non-saline conditions. Advances in Agronomy 88: 223 -271.
8. Bacon, M. A. 2004. Water use efficiency in plant biology. Blackwell Science. P. 246.
9. Bahari, M. R., Pahlavani, N., Akbari, P., and Ehsanzadeh, A. 2005. Effects of low iron and copper fertilizer on growth and yield of chickpea under rainfed conditions Aligudarz-AZNA area. Journal of Agricultural Sciences and Natural Resources 12: 190-200. (in Persian with English abstract).
10. Basra, M. A. S., Ehsanullah, E. A., Warraich, M. A., and Afzal, I. 2003. Effect of storage on growth and yield of primed canola Brassica napus seeds. International Journal Agriculture and Biology 5: 117-120.
11. Bastam, N., Baninasab, B., and Ghobadi, C. 2013. Improving salt tolerance by exogenous application of salicylic acid in seedlings of pistachio. Plant Growth Regulation 69: 275-284.
12. Bekhrad, H., Mahdavi, B., and Rahimi, A. 2016. Effect of seed priming on growth and some physiological characteristics of sesame (Sesamum indicum L.) under salinity stress condition caused by alkali salts. Iranian Journal of Field Crops Research 13 (4): 810-822.
13. Bhattacharjee, S., Sultana, A., Sazzad, M. H., Islam, M. A., Ahtashom, M., and Asaduzzaman, M. 2013. Analysis of the proximate composition and energy values of two varieties of onion (Allium cepa L.) bulbs of different origin: A comparative study. International Journal of Nutrition and Food Sciences 2 (5): 246-253.
14. Bogumila, B., Bert van, D., and Mieczyslaw, G. 2006. Effect of water supply methods and seed moisture content on germination of China aster (Callistephus chinensis) and tomato (Lycopersicon esculentun Mill) seed. European Journal of Agronomy 24: 45-51.
15. Chivasa, W., Harris, D., Chiduz, C., Mashingaidze, A. B., and Nymundeza, P. 2000. Determination of optimum On-farm seed priming time for mize (Zea mays L.) and sorghum (Sorghum bicolor L.) for use to improve stand establishment in semi arid agriculture. Tanzanian Journal of Agriculture Sciences 3 (2): 103-112.
16. Corbineau, F., and Come, D., 2006. Priming: a technique for improving seed quality. Seed Testing International 132: 38-40.
17. De Villiers, A. J., Van Rooyrn, M. W., Theron, G. K., and Van Deventer, H. A. 1994. Germination of three namaqualand pioneer species, as influenced by salinity, temperature and light. Seed Sciences Technology 22: 427-433.
18. Dogan, E., Copur, O., Kahramanb, A., Kirnak, H., and Guldur, M. E. 2011. Supplemental irrigation effect on canola yield components under semiarid climatic conditions. Agricultural Water Management 98: 1403-1408.
19. Farooq, M. S., Basra, M. A., Tabassum, R., and Afzal, I. 2006. Enhancing the performance of direct seeded fine rice by seed priming. Plant Production Science 4: 446-456.
20. Foti, S., Cosentino, S. L., Patane, C., and Dagosta, G. M. 2002. Effect of osmoconditioning upon seed germination sorghum (Sorghom bicolor L.) Moench under low temperatures. Seed Science and Technology 30: 521-533.
21. Gamiel, S., Smittle, D. A., and Mills, H. A. 1990. Onion seed size, weight, and elemental content affect germination and bulb yield. Horticultural Science 25 (5): 522-523.
22. Haromoto, E. R., and Gallandt, E. R. 2005. Brassica cover cropping: II. Effects on growth and interfrence of green bean (Phaseolus vulgaris) and red root pigweed (Amaranthus retroflexus). Weed Science 53 (5):702-708.
23. Havlin, J. L., Lamond, R. E., and Whitney, D. A. 1997. Improving wheat and grain sorghum profits with starter phosphorus. Better Crops Plant Food 71: 17-19.
24. Iqbal, M., and Ashraf, M. 2005. Presowing seed treatment with cytokinins and its effect on growth, photosynthetic rate, ionic levels and yield of two wheat cultivars differing in salt tolerance. Journal of Integrative Plant Biology 47: 1315-1325.
25. Izadkhah, M., Tajbakhsh, M., Zardoshty, M. R., and Hasanzadeh Goratteph, A. 2010a. Evaluation effects of different planting systems on water use efficiency, relative water content and some plant growth parameters in onion (Allium cepa L.). Notulae Scientia Biologicae 2 (1): 88-93.
26. Izadkhah, M., Tajbakhsh, M., and Amernia. R. 2010b. Effects of different size and age of transplanting of seedling on marketable and biological yield, harvest index and some qualitative characters of long-day and intermediate- day Onion (Allium cepa L.) cultivars. Journal of Horticulturae Science 24 (2): 203-215. (in Persian with English abstract).
27. Izadkhah Shishvan, M., Tajbakhsh Shishvan, M., Pasbaneslam, B., and Jalilian, J. 2017. Response of bulb yield per plant, chlorophyll content and photosynthetic pigments concentration of onion (Allium cepa L.) genotypes to priming and seed size. Iranian Journal of Field Crop Science 4 (47): 633-644.
28. Kanton, R. A. L., Abbey, L., Hilla, R. G., Tabil, M. A., and Jan, N. D. 2002. Influence of trasplanting age on yield and yield components of onion (Allium cepa L.). Haworth press, page: 27-37.
29. Kaur, S., Gupta, A. K., and Kaur, N. 2005. Seed priming increases crop yield possibly by modulating Enzymes of sucrose metabolism in chickpea Journal of Agronomy and Crop Science 191: 81-87.
30. Kaydan, D., and Yagmur, M. 2008. Germination, seedling growth and relative water content of shoot in different seed sizes of triticale under osmotic stress of water and NaCl. Journal of Biotechnology 7: 2862-2868.
31. Kebede, D. Muniye, M. 2017. Proximate composition and physicochemical properties of different released and improved onion (Allium cepa L.) bulbs varieties. Food Science and Quality Management 67: 1-7.
32. Khjawinagad, G. 2004. Response of three group maturity of soybean (Glycine max L.) to different irrigation and plant population densities in second cropping. Ph.D. Thesis. University of Tabriz, Iran. (in Persian with English abstract).
33. Koocheki, A., and Khalghni, J. 1996. Underdtanding crop production. Ferdowsi university press.p 536. (in Persian).
34. Kringwi, F. M., Van Ginkel, M., Terthowan, R., Sears, R. G., Rajaram, S., and Paulsen, G. M. 2004. Evaluation of selection strategies for wheat adaptation across water regimes. Euphytica 135: 361-371.
35. Kumar, A., and Singh, D. P. 1998. Use of physiological indices as screening technique for drought tolerance in oil seed Brassica species. Annals of Botany 81: 413-420.
36. Martinz, M. C., Corzo, N., and Villiamiel, M. 2007. Biological properties of onion and garlic. Trends in Food Science Technology 18 (12): 609-625.
37. Maskooki, A. M., Malekzadegan, F. Zamani, H., and Safa, M. Determination of physicochemical characteristics and best harvesting time of fruits to meet processing purposes. Journal of Food Science Technology 6 (1): 33-43.
38. Mazur, M., and Ferance, P. 1994. The effect of size and shape of seeds on stand emergence in maize. Trnava Slovakia 40: 179-187.
39. Moosavezadh, S. A. 2006. Study genetic diversity Iranian onion landraces using morphological and molecular, ph.D. Thesis. University of Tabriz, Iran. (in Persian with English abstract).
40. Mut, Z., Akay, H., and Nevzat, A. 2010. Effects of seed size and drought stress on germination and seedling growth of some oat genotypes (Avena sativa L.) African Journal of Agricultural Research 5 (10): 1101-1107.
41. Peltonen-Sainio, P., Kontturi, M., and Peltonen, J. 2006. Phosphorus seed coating enhancement on erly growth and yield components in oat. Agronomy Journal 98: 206-211.
42. Rahemi, M. 1994. Postharvest. An introduction to the physiology and handling of fruit and vegetables, Book, 260pp. pub. Shiraz University.
43. Rahmati, E. 2005. The effect of the change in density on yield and yield components of hybrid sunflo tank, a Master's thesis of Agriculture, Islamic Azad University of Karaj. (in Persian with English abstract).
44. Salimi, H., Abbasdokht, H., Asghari, H. R., Gholami, A., and Rezvani Moghadam, P. 2010. The effect of priming, Rhizobium and manure fertilizer on yield and yield components of chickpea (Cicer arietinum L.). Testis of Master of Science. Sanati Shahrod University. P: 120.
45. Saremi Rad, B., Esfandiari, E. A., Shokrpour, M., Sofalian, O., Avanes, A., and Mousavi S. B. 2014 Cadmium effects on some morphological and physiological parameters in wheat at seedling stage. Journal of Plant Researches (Iranian Journal of Biology) 27 (1): 1-11.
46. Sarmadnia, G., and Koocheki, A. 1995. Physiological aspects of dry land farming. Mashad Jahad university publication, pp.424. (in Persian).
47. Selvarani, K., and Umarani, R. 2011. Evaluation of seed priming methods to improve seed vigour of onion (Allium cepa L.) cv. aggregatum and carrot (Daucus carota). Journal of Agricultural Technology 7 (3): 857-867.
48. Shekari, F., Pakmehr, A., Rastgoo, M., Vazayefi, M., and Goreishi Nasab, M. J. 2010. Effect of salicylic acid seed priming on some physiological traits of cow pea (Vigna unguiculata L.) under water deficit at podding stage. Journal of Crop Ecophysiology 4 (13): 13-29.
49. Singh, B., and Usha, K. 2003. Salicylic acid induced physiological and biochemical changes in wheat seedlings under water stress. Plant Growth Regulation 39: 137-141.
50. Siosemardehi, A., Ahmadi, A., Poustini, K., and Ebrahimzadeh, H. 2004. Stomatal and nonstomatal limitations to photosynthesis and their relationship with drought resistance in wheat cultivars. Iranian Journal of Agricultural Sciences 34 (4): 93-106. (in Persian with English Abstract).
51. Tajbakhsh, M., and Ghiyas, M. 2008. Seed ecology. Urmia Jahad university publication. pp.389. (in Persian).
52. Tuba Bicer, B. 2009. The effect of seed size on yield and yield components of chickpea and lentil. African Journal Biotechnology 8 (8): 1482-1487.
53. Vaez, A., Khorgamy, A., and Sayyahfar, M. 2016. The effect of nitroxin biofertilizer and foliar applicatin of micronutrients time consumption on yield and yield components of new wheat cultivars under khorramabad climatic conditions. Iranian Journal of Field Crops Research 13 (4): 797-809.
54. Wang, H. Y., Chen, C. L., and Sung, J. M. 2003. Both warm water soaking and soild priming treatments enhance anti - oxidation of bitter gourd seeds germinated at sub optimal temperature. Seed Science Technology 31: 47-56.
55. Weaich, K., Bristow, K. L., and Cass, A. 1992. Preemergent shoot growth of maize under different drying conditions. Soil Science Society of America Journal 56: 1272-1278.