1. Abbasi, M. K., Kazmi, M., and Hussan, F. 2005. Nitrogen use efficiency and herbage production of an established grass sward in relation to moisture and nitrogen fertilization. Journal of Plant Nutrition 28: 1693-1708.
2. Brandt, S. A., and Zentner, R. P. 1995. Crop production under alternate rotations on a dark brown chernozemic soil at Scott, Saskatchewan. Canadian Journal of Plant Science 75: 789-794.
3. Brussaard, H. L., De Ruiter, P. C., and Brown, G. G. 2007. Soil biodiversity for agricultural sustainability. Agriculture, Ecosystems and Environment 121: 233-244.
4. Christen, O., Sieling, K., and Hanus, H. 1992. The effect of different preceding crops on the development, growth of winter wheat. European Journal of Agronomy 1: 21-28.
5. Cui, Z., Zhang, F., Chen, X., Miao, Y., Li, J., Shi, L., Xu, J., Ye, Y., Liu, C., Yang, Z., Zhang, Q., Huang, S., and Bao, D. 2008. On-farm evaluation of an in-season nitrogen management strategy based on soil Nmin test. Field Crops Research 105 48-55.
6. Delogu, G., Cattivelli, L., Pecchioni, N., Defalcis, D., Maggiore, T., and Stanca, A. M. 1998. Uptake and agronomic efficiency of nitrogen in winter barley and winter wheat. European Journal of Agronomy 9: 11-20.
7. Dobermann, A. 2006. Nitrogen use efficiency in cereal systems. Available at http// www. regional. org .au/asa/2006/plenary/soil/dobermann.
8. Fan, X., Lin, F., and Kumar, D. 2004. Fertilization with a new type of coated urea. Evaluation for nitrogen efficiency and yield in winter wheat. Journal of Plant Nutrition 25: 853-865.
9. Fauci, M., and Dick, R. 1994. Soil microbial dynamics, short and long-term effects of inorganic and organic nitrogen. Soil Science Society of America Journal 58: 801-806.
10. Hamdi, H., Kashani, A., Bahrain, M. J., Mamghani, R., and Syadat, A. 1992. Determine the growth of perko forage plants (genus Brassica) and the Effect of nitrogen fertilizer on yield due to harvest time in Ahvaz weather conditions. Master's thesis, Shahid Chamran University of Ahvaz. (in Persian).
11. Hiremath, A. J., and Ewel, J. J. 2001. Ecosystem nutrient use efficiency, productivity and nutrient accrual in model tropical communities. Ecosystems 4: 669-682.
12. Hirel, B., Le Gouis, J., Ney, B., and Gallais, A. 2007. The challenge of improving nitrogen use efficiency in crop plants: toward a more central role for genetic variability and quantitative genetics within integrated approaches. Journal of Experimental Botany 58 (9): 2369-2387.
13. Hussain, T., Jilani, G., Parr, J. F., and Ahamd, R. 2001. Transition from conventional to alterative agriculture in Pakistan: The role of green manure in Substitution for inorganic “N” fertilizer’s in a rice – wheat farming systems. American Journal of Alternative Agriculture 10 (3): 133-137.
14. Kashani, A., Bahrain, J., Alami- Saeeid, K., and Mesgarbashi, M. 1986. Science report introduces three varieties of forage plants of the genus Brassica and report preliminary results in Khuzestan. Journal of Agricultural Science 11: 74-78. (in Persian with English abstract).
15. Koocheki, A., Bromand-Rezazadeh, Z., Nasriri- Mahalati, M., and Khoramdel, S. 2012. Evaluation of uptake and nitrogen use efficiency in winter wheat and maize intercropping delay, Journal of Field Crops Research 10 (2): 327-334. (in Persian with English abstract).
16. Lotfolahi, M. 2012. Evaluation of grain protein concentration of wheat by nitrogen foliar application. Journal of Agronomyand Plant Breeding 8 (4): 1-6. (in Persian with English abstract).
17. Garya, P., and Sims, J. R. 1994. Legume cover crops in fallow as an integrated crop livestock alternative in the northern and central Great Plains. Research and Extension Center, University of Wyoming. USA.
18. Guillard, K., Griffin, G., and Pietrzyk, S. 1995. Nitrogen utilization of selected cropping systems in U.S. Northeast. Agronomy Journal 87: 193-199.
19. Limon-Ortega, A., Sayre, K. D., and Francis, C. A. 2000. Wheat nitrogen use efficiency in a bed planting system in northwest Mexico. Agronomy Journal 92: 303-308.
20. Lopez-Bellido, R. J., and Lopez-Bellido, L. 2001. Efficiency of nitrogen in wheat under Mediterranean condition: effect of tillage, crop rotation and N fertilization. Field Crops Research 71: 31-64.
21. Lopez-Bellido, L., Lopez-Bellido, R. J., and Redondo, R. 2005. Nitrogen efficiency in wheat under rainfed Mediterranean conditions as affected by split nitrogen application. Field Crops Research 92: 86-97.
22. Lopez-Bellido, L., Lopez-Bellido, R. J., and Lopez-Bellido, F. J. 2006. Fertilizer Nitrogen Efficiency in Durum Wheat under Rain fed Mediterranean Conditions: Effect of Split Application, Agronomy Journal – Abstract 98: 55-62.
23. Lupashku, M. F. 1980. Perko RVH - a new fodder crop. Vestnik Sel'skokhozyaistvennoi Nauki. Moscow, USSR 4 (6): 94-98.
24. Marianne, S. 1994. Rodale Institute; Managing Cover Crops Profitably, Sustainable Agriculture Research and Education Program, USDA
25. Martens, D. A., and Frankenberger, W. T. 1992. Modification of infiltration rates in an organic-amended irrigated soil. Agronomy Journal 84: 707-717.
26. Miller, P., McConkey, B., Clayton, G., Brandt, S., Baltensperger, D., and Neil, K. 2002. Pulse crop adaptation in the Northern Great Plains. Agronomy Journal 94: 261-272.
27. Moll, R. H., Kamprath, E. J., and Jackson, W. A. 1982. Analysis and interpretation of factors which contribute to efficiency of nitrogen utilization. Agronomy Journal 74: 562-564.
28. Montemuro, F., Maiorana, M., Ferri, D., and Convertini, G. 2006. Nitrogen indicators, uptake and utilization efficiency in a maize and barley rotation cropped at different levels and source of N fertilization. Field Crop Research 99: 114-124.
29. Rahimizadeh, M., Kashani, A., and Zare Faizabadi, A. 2011. Investigation of Pre-Sowing Plants and return of crop residue and the Different Levels of Nitrogen on the Yield Wheat (Triticum aestivum L.). Journal of Field Crops Research 9 (2): 211-221. (in Persian with English abstract).
30. Rahimizadeh, M., Kashani, A., Zare-Feizabadi, A., Koocheki, A. R., and Nassiri-Mahallati, M . 2012. Nitrogen use efficiency of wheat as affected by preceding crop, application rate of nitrogen and crop residues. Australian Journal of Crop Science 4 (5): 363-368.
31. Raun, W. R., and Johnson, G. V. 1991. Improving nitrogen use efficiency for cereal production. Agronomy Journal 91: 357-363.
32. Sieling, K., Schroder, H., Finck, M., and Hanus, M. 1998. Yield, N uptake, and apparent N use efficiency of winter wheat and winter barley grown in different cropping systems. Journal Agriculture Science 131: 375-387.
33. Soon, Y. K., Clayton, G. W., and Rice, W. A. 2001. Tillage and previous effects on dynamics of nitrogen in a wheat-soil system. Agronomy Journal 93: 842-849.
34. Sowers, K. E., Miller, B. C. and Pan, W. L. 1994. Optimizing grain yield in soft white winter wheat with split nitrogen applications. Agronomy Journal 86: 1020-1025.
35. Stacey, G., Burris, R. H., and Evans, H. J. 1992. Biological Nitrogen Fixation. Chapman and Hall, New York.
36. Stevenson, F. C., and Kessel, C. V. 1996. The nitrogen and non-nitrogen rotation benefits of pea to succeeding crops. Canadian Journal of Plant Science 76: 735-745.
37. Subedi, K. D., Ma, B. L., and Xue, A. G. 2007. Planting Date and Nitrogen Effects on Grain Yield and Protein Content of Winter Wheat. Crop Science 47: 36-44.
38. Timsina, T., Singh, U., Badaruddin, M., Meisner, C., and Amin, M. R. 2001. Cultivar, nitrogen, and water effects on productivity, and nitrogen-use efficiency and balance for rice–wheat sequences of Bangladesh. Field Crop Research 72: 143-161.
39. Thuy, N. H., Shan, Y., Singh, B., Wang, K., Cai, Z., Singh, Y., and Buresh, R. J. 2008. Nitrogen supply in rice-based cropping systems as affected by crop residue management. Soil Science Society of America Journal 72: 514-523.
40. Velasco, J. L., Rozas, H. S., Echeverria, H. E. and Barbieri, P. A. 2012. Optimizing fertilizer nitrogen use efficiency by intensively managed spring wheat in humid regions: Effect of split application. Canadian Journal of Plant Science 92: 847-856.
41. Whingwiri, E. E., and Kemp, D. R. 1980. Spikelet development and grain yield of the wheat ear in response to applied nitrogen. Australian Journal of Agricultural Research 31: 637-647.
42. Wiese, A. F., Harman, W. L., Bean, B. W., and Salisbury, C. D. 1994. Effectiveness and economics of dryland conservation tillage systems in the Southern Great Plains. Agronomy Journal 86: 725-730.
43. Zebart, B. J., and Sheard, R.W. 1992. Influence of rate timing of nitrogen fertilization on yield and quality of red winter wheat in Ontario. Plant Science 72: 13-19.
44. Zhao, R. F., Chen, X. P., Zhang, F. S., Zhang, H., Schroder, J., and Romheld, V. 2006. Fertilization and nitrogen balance in a wheat-maize rotation system in North China. Agronomy Journal 98: 935-945.