1. Ahmad, M., Akhtar, J., Anvar-Ul-Haq, M., Mran, S., and Jacobsen, S. E. 2014. Soil and foliar application of potassium enhances fruit yield and quality of tomato under salinity. Turkish Journal of Biology 38: 208-218.
2. Ahmadvand, R., and Hassanabadi H. 2006. Evaluation of promising potato clones in terms of resistance levels the major virus diseases. Research Reports Seed and Plant Improvement Institute. 68 Pp. (in Persian).
3. Akram, M. S., Ashraf, M., and Akram N. A. 2009. Effectiveness of potassium sulfate in mitigation salt-induced adverse effects on different physio-biochemical attributes in sunflower. Flora 204: 471-483.
4. Allison, M. F., Fowler, J. H., and Allen E. J. 2001. Responses of potato to potassium fertilizers. Journal of Agriculture Science Cambridge 4: 407-426.
5. Azari, M., Baybordi, A., and Malakooti, M. J. 2004. The necessity of potassium fertilization on potato. Technical Bulletin 434, Sana Publications, Tehran, Iran. 18 Pp. (in Persian).
6. Benlloch, M., Ojeda M. A., Ramos J., and Rodriguez-Navarro, A. 1994. Salt sensitivity and low discrimination between potassium and sodium in bean plants. Plant and Soil. 166: 117-123.
7. Botella, M. A., Martinez V., Pardines J., and Cerda, A. 1997. Salinity induced potassium deficiency in maize plants. Journal of Plant Physiology, 150: 200-205.
8. El-Sawy, B. I., Radawan E. A., and Hassan N. A. 2000. Growth and yield of potato as affected by soil and foliar potassium application. The Journal of Agricultural Science, Mansoura University 25: 5843-5850.
9. Hermans, C., Hammond, J. P., White P. J., and Verbruggen N. 2006. How do plants respond to nutrient shortage by biomass allocation? Trends in Plant Science 11: 610-617.
10. Heuer, B., and Nadler, A. 1998. Physiological response of potato plants to soil salinity and water deficit. Plant Science 137: 43-51.
11. Jabeen, R., and Ahmad, R. 2009. Alleviation of adverse effects of salt stress by foliar application of sodium antagonistic essential minerals on cotton. Pakistan Journal of Botany 41: 2199-2208.
12. Kant, S., and Kafkafi, U. 2002. Potassium and abiotic stresses in plants. The Hebrew University of Jerusalem, Faculty of Agricultural, Food and Environmental Quality Sciences, Rehovot, Israel. http://www. ipipotash.org.
13. Kaya, C., Kirnak, H. and Higgs, D. 2001. Enhancement of growth and normal growth parameters by foliar application of potassium and phosphorus in tomato cultivars grown at high (NaCl) salinity. Journal of Plant Nutrition 24: 357-367.
14. Kotuby-Amacher, J., Koenig, R., and Kitchen, B. 1997. Salinity and plant tolerance. Utah Univ. Exten. Logan Utah, 8pp.
15. Levy, D. 1992. The response of potatoes (Solanum tuberosum L.) to salinity: plant growth and tuber yields in the arid desert of Israel. Annals of Applied Biology 120: 547-555.
16. Marschner, P. 2012. Marschners mineral nutrition of higher plants. London Elsevier. 231 Pp.
17. Mullins, G. L., and Burmester, C. H. 1995. Response of cotton to the source of foliar potassium. In: Richer, D.A. (ed), Proc. Beltwide Cotton Conf., San Antonio, TX. National Cotton Council of America, Memphis, pp. 1313-1315.
18. Nasseri, A., and Bahramloo, R. 2009. Potato cultivar Marfona yield and water use efficiency responses to early season water stress. International Journal of Agriculture and Biology 11: 201-204.
19. Patrick, J. W., Zhang, W. H., Tyerman, S. D., Offler, C. E., and Walker, N. A. 2001. Role of membrane transport in phloem translocation of assimilates and water. Australian Journal of Plant Physiology 28: 695-707.
20. Perrenoud, S. 1993. Fertilizing for High Yield Potato. IPI Bulletin8. 2nd Edition. International Potash Institute, Basel, Switzerland.
21. Pettigrew, W. T. 2008. Potassium influences on yield and quality production for maize, wheat, soybean and cotton. Physiol. Plantarum 133: 670-681.
22. Raman, S. N., Desai, D., Solanaki, J. B. and Bhatt, S. M. 1986. The Na/K ratio as index of salt stress in rice culture. International Rice Research Newsletter 11: 1-30.
23. Ramani, S., and Apte, S. K. 1997. Transient expression of multiple genes in salinity-stressed young seedlings of rice (Oryza sativa L.). Biochemical and Biophysical Research Communications 233: 663-667.
24. Reisi, F., and Khajehpour, M. R. 1992. The effects of N, P, and K fertilizers on the growth and yield of Kozima potato. Iranian Journal of Agriculture Science 23: 35-45. (in Persian).
25. SAS Institute. 2010. SAS user’s guide. SAS Inst., Cary, NC.
26. Satyanarayana, V., and Arora, P. N. 1985. Effect of nitrogen and potassium on yield and yield attributes of potato (Var. Kufri Bahar). Indian Journal of Agronomy 30: 292-295
27. Shannon, M. 1997. Adaptation of plants to salinity. Advances in Agronomy 60: 75-120.
28. Tanner, C. B., and Sinclair, T. R. 1983. Efficient water use in crop production: Research or re-research? P.1-27.In H.M. Taylor et al. (ed.) Limitations to efficient water use in crop production. American Statistical Association, Madison, WI.
29. Trehan, S. P., and Sharma, R. C. 2002. Potassium uptake efficiency of young plants of three potato cultivars as related to root and shoot parameters. Communications in Soil Science and Plant Analysis 33: 13-18.
30. Van Hoorn, J. W., Katerji, N., Hamdy, A., and Mastrorilli, M. 1993. Effect of saline water on soil salinity and on water, stress, growth and yield of wheat and potatoes. Agriculture and Water Management 23: 247-265.
31. Vreugdenhil, D., Bradshaw, J., Gebhardt, C., Govers, F., Mackerron, K. L. L., Taylor, M. A., and Ross, H. A. 2007. Potato biology and biotechnology. Advances and perspectives. First edition Elsevier Ltd. 823Pp.
32. Weimberg, R., Lerner, H. R. and Poljakoff-Mayber, A. 1982. A relationship between potassium and proline accumulation in salt-stressed Sorghum bicolor. Physiologia Plantarum 55: 5-10.
33. Zaki, N. M., Hassanein, M. S., Amal, G., Ebtesam, A., El-Housini, M., and Tawfik, M. 2014. Foliar application of potassium to mitigate the adverse impact of salinity on some sugar beet varieties. 2: Effect on Yield and Quality. Middle East Journal of Agriculture Research 3 (3): 448-460.
34. Zhu, J. K. 2003. Regulation of ion homeostasis under salt stress. Current Opinion in Plant Biology 6: 441-445.