1. Abbasi Ali Kamar, R. 2004. Evaluation of different culture cumin and chickpea mixture with emphasis on weed control in Mashhad,Thesis, Department of Agronomy. Tehran University. (in Persian with English abstract).
2. Abraham, C. T., and Singh, S. P. 1984. Weed management in sorghum-legume intercropping systems. Journal of Agricultural Science 103: 103-115.
3. Akmal, M., and Janssens, M. J. J. 2004. Productivity and light use efficiency of perennial ryegrass with contrasting water and nitrogen supplies. Field Crops Research 88: 143-155.
4. Alizadeh, Y., Koocheki, A., Nassiri Mahallati, M., and Rezvani Moghaddam, P. 2009. Effects of intercropping beans and basil on yield and weed control. Master Thesis. College of Agriculture. Ferdowsi University of Mashhad. (in Persian with English abstract).
5. Awal, M., Koshi, H., and Ikeda, T. 2006. Radiation interception and use by maize/peanut intercrop canopy. Agricultural and Forest Meteorology 139: 74-83.
6. Carr, P. M., Schatz, B. G., Gardner, J. C., and Zwinger, S. F. 1992. Intercropping sorghum and pinto bean in cool semi-arid region. Agronomy Journal 84: 810-812.
7. Chen, C., Westcott, M., Neill, K., Wichman, D., and Knox, M. 2004. Row configuration and nitrogen application for barley–pea intercropping in Montana. Agronomy Journal 96: 1730-1738.
8. Çiftçi, V., and Ulker, M. 2005. Effect of mixed cropping lentil with wheat and barley at different seeding ratios. Journal of Agronomy 4: 1-4.
9. Ebwongu, M., Adipala, E., Ssekabembe, C., Kyamanywa, S., and Bhagsari, A. 2001. Effect of intercropping maize and solanum potato on yield of the component crops in central Uganda. African Crop Science Journal 9: 83-96.
10. Gholdani, M., and Rezvani Moghaddam, P. 2004. Effect of drought and sowing date on yield and yield components of rainfed and irrigated beans in Mashhad. Iranian Journal of Field Crops Research 2 (2): 229 to 239. (in Persian with English abstract).
11. Jahan, M. 2004. Ecological aspects of intercropping chamomile and calendula Chamomilla matricaria L. Chalendula officinalis L. with manure. Thesis of Agriculture, Faculty of Agriculture, Ferdowsi University of Mashhad. (in Persian with English abstract).
12. Javanshir, A., Dabbagh Mohammadi Nasab, A., Hamidi, A., and Gholipour, M. 2000. Ecology of Intercropping (Translation). Publication of Jihad-e Daneshgahi of Masshad. (in Persian with English abstract).
13. Khajehpour, M. 2004. Industrial plants. Publication of Jihad-e Daneshgahi of Isfahan 0.580 Center's publications. (in Persian with English abstract).
14. Koocheki, A., and Zand, E. 1996. From the Viewpoint of Ecological Agriculture. Publication of Jihad-e Daneshgahi of Masshad. (in Persian with English abstract).
15. Koocheki, A., Zarif Ketabi, H., and Nakh Foroosh, A. 2001. Ecological Approaches to Weed Management. University of Mashhad. (in Persian with English abstract).
16. Koocheki, A., Gholami, A., Tabrizi, L., and Mahdavi Damghani, A. 2005. Principles of biological agriculture (organic). University of Mashhad. (in Persian).
17. Li, L., Sun, J., Zhang, F., Li, X., Yang, S., and Rengel, Z. 2001. Wheat/maize or wheat/soybean strip intercropping: I. Yield advantage and interspecific interactions on nutrients. Field Crops Research 71: 123-137.
18. Mushagalusa, G. N., Ledent, J. F., and Draye, X. 2008. Shoot and root competition in potato/maize intercropping: Effects on growth and yield. Environmental and Experimental Botany 64: 180-188.
19. Najafi, A., and Ghafari, K. H. 2005. Evaluation of intercropping of maize and beans 704 single digits School of Business. Articles First National Conference beans. Research Institute of Plant Sciences, Ferdowsi University of Mashhad. November 29-30. S144-146. (in Persian with English abstract).
20. Ndakidemi, P. A. 2006. Manipulating legume/cereal mixtures to optimize the above and below ground interactions in the traditional African cropping systems. African Journal of Biotechnology 5: 2526-2533.
21. Nezami, A., and Bagheri, A. 2005. The effect of cold tolerant chickpea genotypes characteristics of autumn and spring: phonological and morphological characteristics. Iranian Journal of Field Crop Research 3 (1): 143-155. (in Persian with English abstract).
22. Nielsen, H. H., Ambus, P., and Jensen, E. S. 2001. Interspecific competition N use and interference with weeds in pea– barley intercropping. Field Crop Research 70 (2): 101-109.
23. Pandita, A. K., Saha, M. H., and Bali, A. S. 2000. Effect of row ratio in cereal-legume intercropping systems on productivity and competition functions under Kashmir conditions. Indian Journal of Agronomy 45: 48-53.
24. Pendleton, J. W., Bolen, C. D., and Seif, R. D. 1963. Alternating strips of corn and soybeans vs. sole planting. Agronomy Journal 55: 293-295.
25. Pitan, O. O. R., and Debiyi, G. A. O. 2001. The effect of intercropping with maize on the level of infestation and damaged by pod – sucking bugs in cowpea. Crop Protection 20: 367-372.
26. Pooramir, F., Koocheki, A., Nasiri Mahalatti, M., and Gorbani, R. 2010. Evaluation of yield and yield components in sesame and pea intercropping replacement series. Iranian Journal of Agricultural Research 8 (5): 757-747. (in Persian with English abstract).
27. Putnam, D. H., and Allen, D. L.1992. Mechanism for over yielding in sunflower-mustard intercrop. Agronomy Journal 84: 188-195.
28. Rangasamy, A., Krishamurti, V. V., Rajkannan, B., Iruthagaraj, M. R., and Ajyaswamy, M. 1988. Intercropping of rows of green gram in cotton. Seed and Farms 14 (4): 20-23.
29. Rezvani Moghaddam, P., Norooz pour, G., Nabati, J., and Mohammad Abadi, A. 2005. Morphological characteristics, grain yield and sesame oil in plant density and irrigation intervals. Iranian Journal of Field Crops Research 3 (1): 57-68. (in Persian with English abstract).
30. Saxena, M. 1990. Problems and potential of chickpea production in the nineties. Chickpea in the Nineties, Patancheru: ICRISAT. 13-25 p.
31. Shivaramu, H., and Shivashankar, K. 1994. A new approach of canopy architecture in assessing complementarity of intercrops. Indian Journal of Agronomy 39: 179-187.
32. Soltani, A. 2004. Revision of the application of statistical techniques in agricultural research. Press Mashhad SID. 55 p.
33. Thakur, N. S., Pannase, S. K., and Sharma, R. S. 2000. Production potential of gram (Cicer arietinum)-based intercropping systems under rainfed condition. Indian Journal of Agronomy 45: 534-539.
34. Walker, S., and Ogindo, H. O. 2003. The water budget of rainfed maize and bean intercrop. Physics and Chemistry of the Earth 28: 919-926.
35. Willey, R. 1990. Resource use in intercropping systems. Agricultural Water Management 17: 215-231.
36. Zougmor, R., Kambou, F. N., Ouattara, K., and Guillobez, S. 2000. Sorghum– cowpea intercropping; an effective technique againstrun off and soil erosion in the Sahel (Saria, Burkina Faso). Arid Soil Research and Rehabili 14: 329-342.