1. Abd Allah, A. A. 2009. Genetic studies on leaf rolling and some root traits under drought conditions in rice (Oryza sativa L.). African Journal of Biotechnology 8: 6241-6248.
2. Asada, K. 2000. The water-water cycle as alternative photon and electron sinks. Philosophical Transactions of the Royal Society B: Biological Sciences 355: 1419-1431.
3. Bacelar, E. A., Santos, D. L., MoutInho-Pereira, J. M., Goncalves, B. C., Ferreira, H. F., and Correia, C. M. 2006. Immediate responses and adaptative strategies of three olive cultivars under contrasting water availability regimes: Changes on structure and chemical composition of foliage and oxidative damage. Plant Science 170: 596-605.
4. Blum, A., Gozlan, G., and Mayer, J. 1981. The manifestation of dehydration avoidance in wheat breeding germplasm. Crop Science 21: 495-499.
5. Canny, M. J. 1960. The rate of translocation. Biology Review 35: 507.
6. Chartzoulakis, K., Patakas, A., Kofidis, G., Bosabalidis, A., and Nastou, A. 2002. Water stress affects leaf anatomy, gas exchange, water relations and growth of two avocado cultivars. Scientia Horticulture 95: 39-50.
7. Costock, J. P., and Sperry, J. S. 2000.Theoretical consideration of optimal conduit length for water transport in vascular plants. New Phytologist 148: 195-218.
8. Dat, J. F., Vandendede, F., Vranova, E., Montagu, M. V., Inze, D., and Breusegem, F. V. 2000. Dual action of the active oxygen species during plant stress response. Cellular and Molecular Life 57: 779-95.
9. Diaz-Perez, J. C., Shackel, K. A., and Sutter, E. G. 2006. Relative water content. Annals of Botany 97 (1): 85-96.
10. Entz, M. H., and Flower, D. B. 1990. Differential agronomic responses of winter wheat cultivars to post-anthesis environmental stress. Crop Science 30: 1119-1123.
11. Fitter, A., and Hay, R. 2002. Environmental physiology of plants. Academic press. 367p.
12. Flexas, J., and Medrano, H. 2002. Drought-inhibition of photosynthesis in C3 plants: Stomatal and non-stomatal limitations revisited. Annals of Botany 89: 183-189.
13. Flinet, H. I., Boyce, B. R., and Beattie, D. J. 1966. Index of injury drought a useful expression of freezing injury to plant tissues as determined by the electrolytic method. Canadian Journal of Plant Science 47: 229-230.
14. Giles, K. E, Beardsell, M. F., and Cohen, D. 1974. Cellular and ultracellular changes in mesophyll and bundle sheath cell of maize in response to water stress. Plant physiology 54: 208.
15. Hsiao, T. C., O'Toole, J. C., Yambao, E. B., and Turner, N. C. 1984. Influence of osmotic adjustment on leaf rolling and tissue death in rice. Plant Physiology 75: 328.
16. Hu, Y., Schnyder, H., and Schmidhalter, U. 2000. Carbohydrate accumulation and partitioning in elongating leaves of wheat in response to saline soil conditions. Plant Physiology 27: 363-370.
17. Hung, S. H., Yu, C. W., and Lin, C. H. 2005. Hydrogen peroxide functions as a stress signal in plants. Botanical Bulletin of Academia Sinica 46: 1-10.
18. Izanloo, A., Condon, A. G., Langridge, P., Tester, M., and Schnuvbusch, T. 2008. Different mechanisms of adaptation to cyclic water stress in two south Australian bread wheat cultivars. Journal of Experimental Botany 59: 3327-3346.
19. Jaleel, C. A., Manivannan, P., Wahid, A., Farooq, M., Al-Juburi, H. J., Somasasundaram, R., and Panneerselvam, R. 2009. Drought stress plants: a review on morphological characteristics and pigments composition. International Journal of agriculture and biology 11: 100-105.
20. Jafarian, T., MaghsoudiMoud, A., and Saffari, V. 2012. Water stress effects on winter and spring leaves anatomy of different wheat (Triticumaestivum L.) Genotypes. Journal of Plant Physiology and Breeding 2 (2): 23-34.
21. Jafarian, T., MaghsoudiMoud, A., and Saffari, V. 2013. Effect of water stress on anatomical and physiological leaf of two wheat. Journal of crop production and processing 4 (13): 75-85. (in Persian with English abstract).
22. Kathiresan, A., Lafitte, H. R., Chen, J., Mansueto, L., Bruskiewich, R., and Bennett, J. 2006. Gene expression microarrays and their application in drought stress research. Field Crops Research 97: 101-110.
23. Koroleva, O. A., Tomos, A. D., Farrar, J., Roberts, P., and Pollock, C. J. 2000. Tissue distribution of primary metabolism between epidermal, mesophyll and parenchymatous bundle sheath cells in barleyleaves. Australian Journal of Plant Physiology 27: 747-755.
24. Lawlor, M. M., and Cornic, G. 2002.Photosynthetic carbon assimilation and associated metabolism in relation to water deficits in higher plants. Plant Cell Environment 25: 275-294.
25. Liheng, H., Zhiqiang, G., and Runzhi, L. 2009. Pretreatment of seed with H2O2 enhances drought tolerance of wheat (Triticumaestivum L.) seedlings. African Journal of Biotechnology 8 (22): 6151-6157.
26. Lichtenthaler, H. K., and Wellburn, A. R. 1983. Determination of total carotenoids and chlorophyll a and b of leaf extract in different solvents. Biochemical Society Transactions 11: 591-592.
27. Martre, P., and Durand, J. L. 2001. Quantitative analysis of vasculature in the leaves of Festucaarundinacea (Poaceae): implications for axial water transport. International Journal of Plant Sciences 162: 755-766.
28. Mediavilla, S., Escudero, A., and Heilmeier, H. 2001. Internal leaf anatomy and photo synthetic resource-use efficiency: interspecific and intraspecific comparisons. Tree Physiology 21: 251-259.
29. Miller, E. C. 1983. Plant physiology. Mc Grow-Hill Book Company Inc. New York. U. S. A.
30. Miskin, K. E., Rasmusson, D. C., and Moss, D. N. 1972. Inheritance and physiological effects of stomatal frequency in barley. Crop Science 12: 780-783.
31. Nakano, Y., and Asada, K. 1981. Hydrogen peroxide is scavenged by ascorbate-specific peroxidase in spinach choloroplast. Plant Cell Physiology 22: 867-880.
32. Pettigrew, W. T. 2004. Physiological consequences of moisture deficit stress in cotton. Crop Science 44: 1265-1272.
33. Sairam, R. K., Rao, K. V., and Srivastava, G. C. 2002. Differential response of wheat genotypes to long term salinity stress in relation to oxidative stress, antioxidant activity and osmolyte concentration. Plant Science 163: 1037-1046.
34. Sairam, R. K., and Tyagi, A. 2004. Physiology and molecular biology of salinity stress tolerance in plants. Current Science 86: 407-421.
35. Sarieva, G., Kenzhebaeva, S. S., and Lichtenthaler, H. K. 2010. Adaptation potential of photosynthesis in wheat cultivars with a capability of leaf rolling under high temperature conditions. Russian Journal of Plant Physiology 57: 28-36.
36. Seghatoleslami, M. J., Kafi, M., and Majidi, E. 2008. Effect of drought stress at different growth stages on yield and water use efficiency of five proso millet (Panicum Miliaceum L.) genotypes. Pak. Journal Botony 40 (4): 1427-1432.
37. Sivritepe, H. O., Sivritepe, N., Eris, A., and Turhan, E. 2005. The effects of NaCl pre-treatment on salt tolerance of melons grown under long-term salinity. Scientia Horticulture 106: 568-581.
38. Tear, I. D., Peterson, C. J., and Law, A. G. 1971. Size and frequency of leaf stomata in cultivars of Triticumaestivum and other Triticumspecies. Crop Science 11: 496-498.
39. Van, D. E., Roovaaort, E., and Fuller, G. D. 1935. Stomatal frequency in cereals. Journal of Ecology 16: 278-279.
40. Velikova, V., Yordanov, I., and Edreva, A. 2000. Oxidative stress and some antioxidant systems in acid rain treated bean plants. Protective role of exogenous polyamines. Plant Science 151: 59-66.
41. Wahid, A., and Shabbir, A. 2005. Induction of heat stress tolerance in barley seedlings by pre-sowing seed treatment with glycine betaine. Plant Growth Regulation 46: 133-41.
42. Wahid, A., Mubaraka, P., Sadia, G., Shahzad, M., and Basrab, A. 2007. Pretreatment of seed with H2O2 improves salt tolerance of wheat seedlings by alleviation ofoxidative damage and expression of stress proteins. Journal of Plant Physiology 164: 283-294.
43. Warren, C. R., Livingston, N. J., and Turpin, D. H. 2004. Water stress decreases the transfer conductance of Douglas-fir (Pseudotsugamenziensii). Tree Physiology 24: 971-979.
44. Yuwono, T., Handayani, D., and Soedarsono, J. 2005. The role of osmotolerant rhizobacteria in rice growth under different drought conditions. Australian Journal of Agricultural Research 56: 715-721.