1. Ahmadi, A., and Baker, D. A. 2001. The effect of water stress on grain filling processes in wheat. Journal of Agricultural Science 136 (03): 257-269.
2. American Oil Chemists’ Society. 1983. Official and tentative methods of the American Oil Chemists’ Society. Urbana, AOCS Champaign.
3. Anandhi, S., and Ramanujam, M. P. 1997. Effect of salicylic acid on black gram (Vigna mungo) cultivars. Industrial Journal of Plant Physiology 2: 138-141.
4. Angadi, S. V., Cutforth, H. W., McConkey, B. G., and Gan, Y. 2003. Yield adjustment by canola grown at different plant populations under semiarid conditions. Crop Science 43: 1358-1366.
5. Asada, K. 1994. Production and action of active oxygen species in photosynthetic tissues. In: Foyer, C. H., Mullineaux, P. M. (Eds.) Causes of Photooxidative stress and amelioration of defense system in plants. C R C. Boca Ration. pp. 77-104.
6. Bandurska, H., and Stroinski, A. 2005. The effect of salicylic acid on barley response to water deficit. Acta Physiologia Plantarum 27: 379-386.
7. Barr, H. D., and Weatherley, P. E. 1962. A re-examination of the relative turgidity technique for estimating water deficit in leaves. Australian Journal of Biological Sciences 15: 413-428.
8. Bates, L. S., Waldern, R. P., and Tear, I. D. 1973. Rapid determination of free proline for water stress studies. Plant and Soil 39: 205-207.
9. Blum, A. 2005. Drought resistance, water-use deficiency, and yield potential–are they compatible, dissonant, or mutually exclusive? Australian Journal of Agricultural Research 56: 1159-1168.
10. Bohnert, H. J., and Jensen, R. G. 1996. Strategies for engineering water-stress tolerance in plants. Trends in Biotechnology 14: 89-97.
11. Din, J., Khan, S. U., Ali, I., and Gurmani, A. R. 2011. Physiological and agronomic response of canola varieties to drought stress. Journal of Animal and Plant Sciences 21 (1): 78-82.
12. Downey, R. K. 1990. Canola: A quality Brassica oilseed. p. 211-215. In: J. Janick and J.E. Simon (eds). Advances in new crops. Timber Press, Portland.
13. Brooks, A, Jenner, C. F., and Aspinall, D. 1982. Effects of water deficit on endosperm starch granules and on grain physiology of wheat and barley. Functional Plant Biology 9 (4): 423-436.
14. FAO. 2011. Food outlook. Global Market Analysis. Available at http://www.fao.org.
15. Farooq, M., Wahid, A., Kobayashi, N., Fujita, D., and Basra, S. M. A. 2009. Plant drought stress: effects, mechanisms and management. Agronomy for Sustainable Development 29: 185-212.
16. Gan, Y., Campbell, C. A., Liu, L., Basnyat, P., and McDonald, C. L. 2009. Water use and distribution profile under pulse and oilseed crops in semiarid northern high latitude areas. Agricultural Water Management 96: 337-348.
17. Ghai, N., Setia, R. C., and Setia, N. 2002. Effects of paclobutrazol and salicylic acid on chlorophyll content, hill activity and yield components in Brassica napus L. (cv. GSL-1). Phytomorphology 52: 83-87.
18. Hamada, A. M., and Al-Hakimi, A. M. A. 2001. Salicylic acid versus salinity-drought-induced stress on wheat seedlings. Rostlinna výroba 47: 444-450.
19. Hayat, S., Fariduddin, Q., Ali, B., and Ahmad, A. 2005. Effect of salicylic acid on growth and enzyme activities of wheat seedlings. Acta Agronomica Hungarica 53: 433-437.
20. Hayat, S., Hasan, S. A., Fariduddin, Q., and Ahmad, A. 2008. Growth of tomato (Lycopersicom esculentum) in response to salicylic acid under water stress. Journal of Plant Interactions 3 (4): 297-304.
21. Heath, R. L., and Packer, L. 1968. Photoperoxidation in isolated chloroplasts. I. Kinetics and stoichiometry of fatty acid peroxidation. Archives of Biochemistry and Biophysics 125: 189-198.
22. Hussein, M. M., Balbaa, L. K., and Gaballah, M. S. 2007. Salicylic acid and salinity effects on growth of maize plants. Research journal of agriculture and biological sciences 3 (4): 321-328.
23. Jaleel, C. A., Manivannan, P., Kishorekumar, A., Sankar, B., Gopi, R., Somasundaram, R., and Panneerselvam, R. 2007. Alterations in osmoregulation, antioxidant enzymes and indole alkaloid levels in Catharanthus roseus exposed to water deficit. Colloids and Surfaces B: Biointerfaces 59: 150-157.
24. Janda, T., Horvath, G., Szalai, G., and Paldi, E. 2007. Role of salicylic acid in the induction of abiotic stress tolerance. In: Hayat, S., Ahmad, A. (Eds.), Salicylic Acid, A plant Hormone. Springer Publishers, Dordrecht, The Netherlands.
25. Khan, M. I. R., Fatma, M., Per, T. S., Anjum, N. A., and Khan, N. A. 2015. Salicylic acid-induced abiotic stress tolerance and underlying mechanisms in plants. Front Plant Science 6: 462.
26. Khodary, S. F. A. 2004. Effect of salicylic acid on the growth, photosynthesis and carbohydrate metabolism in salt stressed maize plants. International Journal of Agriculture and Biology 6: 5-8.
27. Khokon, A., Okuma, E., Hossain, M., Munemasa, S., Uraji, M., Nakamura, Y., Mori, I. C., and Murata, Y. 2011. Involvement of extracellular oxidative burst in salicylic acidinduced stomatal closure in Arabidopsis. Plant, Cell & Environment 34: 434-443.
28. Knorzer, O. C., Lederer, B., Durner, J., and Boger, P. 1999. Antioxidative defense activation in soybean cells. Physiologia Plantarum 107: 294-302.
29. Korkmaz, A., Uzunlu, M., and Demirkiran, A. R. 2007. Treatment with acetyl salicylic acid protects muskmelon seedlings against drought stress. Acta Physiologia Plantarum 29: 503-508.
30. Krantev, A., Yordanova, R., Janda, T., Szalai, G., and Popova, L. 2008. Treatment with salicylic acid decreases the effect of cadmium on photosynthesis in maize plants. Journal of Plant Physiology 165: 920-931.
31. Kumar, A., and Singh, D. P. 1998. Use of physiological indices as a screening technique for drought tolerance in oil seed Brassica species. Annals of Botany 81: 413-420.
32. Kumar, P., Dube, S. D., and Chauhan, V. S. 1999. Effect of salicylic acid on growth, development and some biochemical aspects of soybean (Glycine max L. Merrill). Indian Journal of Plant Physiology 4: 327-330.
33. Lichtenthaler, H. K., and Wellburn, A. R. 1983. Determination of total carotenoids and chlorophylls a and b in leaf extracts in different solvents. Biochemical Society Transactions 11: 591-602.
34. Ma, Q., Niknam, S. R., and Turner, D.W. 2006. Response of osmotic adjustment and B. juncea to soil water deficit at different growth stages. Australian Journal of Agricultural Research 57 (2): 221-226.
35. Martin-Mex, R., Villanueva-Couoh, E., Herrera-Campos, T., and Larque-Saavedra, A. 2005. Positive effect of salicylates on the flowering of African violet. Scientia Horticulturae 103: 499-502.
36. Moradshahi, A., Salehi Eskandari, B., and Kholdbarin, B. 2004. Physiological responses of rape (Brassica napus) to drought stress in vitro conditions. Iranian Journal of Science and Technology 28 (A1): 181.
37. Mori, I. C., Pinontoan, R., Kawano, T., and Muto, S. 2001. Involvement of superoxide generation in salicylic acid-induced stomatal closure in Vicia faba. Plant and Cell Physiology 42: 1383-1388.
38. Nemeth, M., Janda, T., Horvath, E., Paldi, E., and Szalai, G. 2002. Exogenous salicylic acid increases polyamine content but may decrease drought tolerance in maize. Plant Science 162: 569-574.
39. Pasban Eslam, B. 2014. Study of some physiological indices, seed yield and its components of oilseed rape varieties under drought stress. Journal of Plant Production Research 149-162. (in Persian with English abstract).
40. Qaderi, M. M., Kurepin, L. V., and Reid, D. M. 2006. Growth and physiological responses of canola (Brassica napus) to three components of global climate change: temperature, carbon dioxide and drought. Physiologia Plantarum 128: 710-721.
41. Qaiser, H., Shamsul, H. M., and Aqil, A. 2010. Effect of exogenous salicylic acid under changing environment. Environmental and Experimental Botany 68: 14-25.
42. Rao, M. S. S., and Mendham, N. J. 1991. Soil-plant-water relations of rapeseed (Brassica napus and B. campestris). Camb. Journal of Agricultural Science 117: 197-205.
43. Sadaqat, H. A., Tahir, M. H. N., and Hussain, M. T. 2003. Physiogenetic Aspects of Drought Tolerance in Canola (Brassica napus). International Journal of Agriculture and Biology 5 (4): 611-614.
44. Sheikh, F., Tourchi, M., Shakiba, M., Pasban Eslam, B., and Valizadeh, M. 2005. Evaluation of drought tolerance in spring canola cultivars. Journal of Agricultural Science 15 (1): 163-174. (in Persian with English abstract).
45. Sheligl, H. Q. 1986. Die verwertung orgngischer souren durch chlorella lincht. Planta Journal 47-51.
46. Sinaki, J. M., Heravan, E. M., Rad, A. H. S., and Zarei, G. 2007. The effects of water deficit during growth stages of canola (Brassica napus L.). American-Eurasian Journal of Agricultural & Environmental Science 2 (4): 417-422.
47. Singh, D. P., Singh, P., Kumar, A., and Sharma, H. C. 1985. Transpirational cooling a screening technique for drought tolerance in oilseed Brassica. Annals of Botany 56: 815-820.
48. Singh, B., and Usha, K. 2003. Salicylic acid induced physiological and biochemical changes in wheat seedlings under water stress. Plant Growth Regulation 39: 137-141.
49. Smirnoff, N. 1993. The role of active oxygen in response of plants to water deficit and desiccation. New Phytologist 125: 27-58.
50. Strobel, N. E., and Kuc, A. 1995. Chemical and biological inducers of systemic acquired resistance to pathogens protect cucumber and tobacco from damage caused by paraquat and cupric chloride. Phytopathology 85: 1306-1310.
51. Tohidi-Moghaddam, H. R., Zahedi, H., and Ghooshchi, F. 2011. Oil quality of canola cultivars in response to water stress and super absorbent polymer application. Pesquisa Agropecuaria Tropical (Agricultural Research in the Tropics) 41 (4): 579-586.
52. Velikova, V., Yordanov, I., and Edreva, A. 2000. Oxidative stress and some antioxidant systems in acid rain-treated bean plants: Protective role of exogenous polyamines. Plant Science 151: 59-66.
53. Vermorel, M., Heaney, R. K., and Fenwick, G. R. 1986. Nutritive value of rapeseed: Effect of individual glucosinolates. Journal of the Science of Food and Agriculture 37: 1197-1202.
54. Walton, G. H. 1998. Variety and environmental impact on canola quality. Department of Agriculture, Western Australia News Letter 11: 3-4.
55. Zarei, G., Shamsi, H., and Dehghani, S. M. 2010. The effect of drought stress on yield, yield components and seed oil content of three autumnal rapeseed cultivars (Brassica napus L.). Journal of Research in Agricultural Science 6: 29-37.