1. Alizadeh, Y., Koocheki, A., and Nassiri Mahallati, M. 2010. Evaluation of radiation use efficiency of intercropping of bean (Phaseolus vulgaris L.) and herb sweet basil (Ocimum basilicum L.). Agroecology 2 (1): 94-104. (in Persian).
2. Andrade, F. H., Uhart, S. A., and Cirilo, A. 1993. Temperature affects radiation use efficiency in maize. Field Crops Research 32 (1-2): 17-25.
3. Anil, L., Park, J., Phipps, R. H., and Miller, F. A. 1998. Temperate intercropping of cereals for forage: a review of the potential for growth and utilization with particular reference to the UK. Grass Forage Science 53: 301-317.
4. Azizi, G., Koocheki, A., Rezvani Moghaddam, P., and Nassiri Mahallati, M. 2015. Interaction of nutrient resource and crop diversity on resource use efficiency in different cropping systems. Agroecology 7 (1): 1-19. (in Persian).
5. Bakr, E. M. 2005. A new software for measuring leaf area, and area damaged by Tetranychus uritcae Koch. Journal of Applied Entomology (3): 173‐175.
6. Connolly, J., Goma, H. C., and Rahim, K. 2001. The information content of indicators in intercropping research. Agriculture. Ecosystems and Environment 87: 191-207.
7. Dehghani Tafti, A., Allah Dadi, A., Najafi, F., and Kianmehr, M. 2016. Evaluation of different levels of pelleted manure and urea and micro elements on growth and physiological indices of medicinal pumpkin (Cucurbita pepo var styriaca). Plant Production Research 22 (4): 49-65. (in Persian).
8. Fandika, I. R., Kemp, P. D., Millner, J. P., and Horne, D. J. 2011. Yield and water use efficiency in buttercup squash (Cucurbita maxima Duchesne) and heritage pumpkin (Cucurbita pepo Linn). Australian Journal of Crop Science 5 (6): 742-747.
9. Hamzei, J., Babaei, M., and Khorramdel, S. 2015. Effects of different irrigation regimes on fruit production, oil quality, water use efficiency and agronomic nitrogen use efficiency of pumpkin. Agroecology 7 (1): 99-108. (in Persian).
10. Hosseinpanahi, F., Koocheki, A., Nassiri, M., and Ghorbani, R. 2009. Evaluation of yield and yield component in potato/corn intercropping. Iranian Journal of Field Crops Research 7 (1): 23-30. (in Persian).
11. Hosseinpanahi, F., Koocheki, A., Nassiri Mahallati, M., and Ghorbani, R. 2010. Evaluation of radiation absorption and use efficiency in potato (Solanum tuberosum L.) /corn (Zea mays L.) intercropping. Agroecology 2 (1): 45-54. (in Persian).
12. Hosseinpanahi, F., Pouramir, F., Koocheki, A., Nassiri Mahallati, M., and Ghorbani, R. 2011. Evaluation of radiation absorption and use efficiency in replacement series intercropping of chickpea (Cicer arietinum L.) and sesame (Sesamum indicum L.). Agroecology 3 (1): 106-120. (in Persian).
13. Karimi, M., Esfahani, M., Bigluei, M. H., Rabiee, B., and Kafi Ghasemi, A. 2009. Effect of deficit irrigation treatments on morphological traits and growth indices of corn forage in the Rasht Climate. Electronical Journal of Crop Production 2 (2): 91-110. (in Persian).
14. Khoramivafa, M., Zehtab Salmasi, S., Dabbagh Mohammadi Nassab, A., Javanshir, A., and Mohammadi Shuti, A. 2006. Evaluation of competition in corn (Zea mays L.) and pumpkinseed (Cucurbita pepo var. styriaca) intercropping by reciprocal yield model and some competitive indices. Journal of Agronomy 5 (3): 456-460.
15. Khorramivafa, M., Dabagh Mohammadi Nasab, A., Zahtab Salmasi, S., Javanshir, A., and Mohammadi, A. 2008. Evaluation of some crop characteristics of corn (Zea mays L.) in intercropping with pumpkin (Cucurbita pepo var styruaca). Agricultural Science 17 (4): 75-85. (in Persian).
16. Khorramivafa, M., Eftekharinasab, N., Nemati, A., Sayadian, K., and Najafi, A. 2011. Economic evaluation of medicinal pumpkin (Cucurbita pepo L. var. Striac)/ chickpea-lentil intercropping system associated with several nitrogen levels. Agronomical science 4 (5): 53-62. (in Persian).
17. Koocheki, A., Nassiri Mahallati, M., Mondani, F., Feizi, H., and Amirmoradi, S. 2009. Evaluation of radiation interception and use by maize and bean intercropping canopy. Agroecology 1 (1): 13-23. (in Persian).
18. Lindquist, J. L., Arkebauer, T. J., Walters, D. T., Cassman, K. G., and Dobermann, A. 2005. Maize radiation use efficiency under optimal growth conditions. Agronomy and Horticulture- Faculty publications, University of Nebraska-Lincoln, Paper 92. Available at: http://digitalcommons.unl.edu/agronomyfacpub/92.
19. Liu, X., Rahman, T., Song, C., Yang, F., Su, B., Cui, L., Bu, W., and Yang, W. 2018. Relationships among light distribution, radiation use efficiency and land equivalent ratio in maize-soybean strip intercropping. Field Crops Research 224: 91-101.
20. Mansoori, H., Mansoori, L., Jamshidi, K., Rastgoo, M., and Moradi, R. 2013. Radiation absorption and use efficiency in additive intercropping of maize and bean in Zanjan Region. Crop Production and Processing 3 (9): 15-27. (in Persian).
21. Mohammadi, G., Safari-poor, M., Ghobadi, M., and Najaphy, A. 2015. The effect of green manure and nitrogen fertilizer on corn yield and growth indices. Sustainable Agriculture and Production Science 25 (2): 105-124. (in Persian).
22. Momirovic, N., Oljaca, S., Dolijanovic, Z., Simic, M., Oljacam M., and Janosevic, B. 2015. Productivity of intercropping maize (Zea mays L.) and pumpkins (Cucurbita maxima Duch.) under conventional vs. conservation farming system. Turkish Journal of Field Crops 20 (1): 92-98.
23. Moradi, P., Asghari, J., Mohsen Abadi, G., and Samiezadeh, H. 2015. Role of triple intercropping system in weeds control and naked-pumpkin (Cucurbita pepo L.) yield. Sustainable Agriculture and Production Science 24 (4): 17-31. (in Persian).
24. Moradi Marjaneh, A., Banayan Aval, M., Rezvani Moghaddam, P., and Shabahang, J. 2013. Effects of different amount of nitrogen fertilizer and density on yield and light use efficiency of pumpkin (Cucurbita pepo L.). In First National Conference on Medicinal Plants and Sustainable Agriculture, October 10, Hamedan, Iran, Available at: http://www.civilica.com/Paper-MPSA01-MPSA01_155.html. (in Persian).
25. Moradi, P., Asghari, J., Mohsen Abadi, G. and Samizadeh, H. 2015. Role of triple intercropping system in weeds control and naked-pumpkin (Cucurbita pepo L.) yield. Sustainable Agriculture and Production Science 24 (4): 17-31. (in Persian).
26. Moradi, P., Asghari, J., Mohsen Abadi, Gh. and Samiezadeh, H. 2016. Evaluation of the beneficial effects of triple intercropping of maize (Zea mays L.), pinto been (Phasaelous vulgaris L.) and pumpkin (Cucurbita pepo L.). Journal of Crop Production and Processing 6 (19): 177-189. (in Persian).
27. Nassiri Mahallati, M. 2000. Modelling potential of crop growth processes (translation). Mashhad Jihad daneshgahi, Mashhad, Iran. (Pp. 280). (in Persian).
28. Nassiri Mahallati, M., Koocheki, A., and Jahan, M. 2011. Light absorption and use efficiency in relay intercropping and fallow culture of winter wheat and corn. Iranian Journal of Field Crops Research 8 (6): 878-890. (in Persian).
29. Ng’etich, O. K., Nivokuri, A. N., Rono, J. J., Fashaho, A., and Ogweno, J. O. 2013. Effect of different rates of nitrogen fertilizer on the growth and yield of zucchini (Cucurbita pepo cv. Diamant L.) Hybrid F1 in Rwandan high altitude zone. International Journal of Agriculture and Crop Sciences 5 (1): 54-62.
30. North Khorasan meteorological administration. 2017. Climate data for Shirvan area. Retrieved 2017, Available at: http://www.nkhmet.ir/
31. O’Neal, M. E., Landis, D. A. and Isaacs, R. 2002. An inexpensive, accurate method for measuring leaf area and defoliation through digital image analysis. Journal of Economic Entomology 95 (6): 1190‐1194.
32. Otegui, M. E., Nicolini, M. G., Ruiz, R. A., and Dodds, P. A. 1995. Sowing date effects on grain yield components for different maize genotypes. Agronomy 87: 29-33.
33. Tsubo, M., and Walker, S. 2002. A model of radiation interception and use be maize/bean intercrop canopy. Agricultural and Forest Meteorology 110: 203-215.
34. Tsubo, M., Walker, S., and Mukhala, E. 2001. Comparisons of radiation use efficiency of mono-/inter-cropping systems with different row orientations. Field Crops Research 71: 17-29.
35. Tsubo, M., Walker, S., and Ogindo, H. O. 2005. A simulation model of cereal-legume intercropping systems for semi-arid regions I. Model development. Field Crops Research 93: 10-22.